Author Topic: SDSUU...thoughts  (Read 44170 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: SDSUU...thoughts
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
This game I had as a loss in my Pre-season projection of a 7-5 record. I'll say Hobos 35-21.

Offline MrGuin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
Yikes!! Love his kicking ability (xp, fg, and ko) but hopefully YSU has a back up that can get the ball off his toe in under a minute on the punt

I also heard he was injured... Actually two of the three punt blocks were not his fault, those were caused by missed blocking assignments, he never had a chance.  The "Butt Punt" was an obvious error by Cejudo. Lets hope he can go, the back ups are back ups for a reason.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:52:30 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »
Yikes!! Love his kicking ability (xp, fg, and ko) but hopefully YSU has a back up that can get the ball off his toe in under a minute on the punt

I also heard he was injured... Actually two of the three punt blocks were not his fault, those were caused by missed blocking assignments, he never had a chance.  The "Butt Punt" was an obvious error by Cejudo. Lets hope he can go, the back ups are back ups for a reason.

Butt punt was the only one I seen LOL.. Just seen the 3 blocked punts (on stats sheet) and found it odd..
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:07:42 PM by ysubigred »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 02:49:13 PM »
Is it true that our punter hurt his knee practicing on grass Wednesday?
We need to be bulldogs to take care of the hobos.
GO GUINS

Yep, Cejudo is injured. Unsure of his status for saturday. Could be bad news......

Yikes!! Love his kicking ability (xp, fg, and ko) but hopefully YSU has a back up that can get the ball off his toe in under a minute on the punt  ::)

Backup punter is the true freshman Nick Sheely from Austintown Fitch who is redshirting.... Bad situation right here guys.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 02:56:25 PM »
I would imagine that the back-up kicker is the young McFadden ...I think he red-shirted last season.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:31:29 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 04:22:29 PM »
Limit Zenner Win Game.  there you go, youre welcome.

YSU 27
SDSU 21

book it danno.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
Limit Zenner Win Game.  there you go, youre welcome.

YSU 27
SDSU 21

book it danno.

They throw those short slant routespecially to the tight ends and WR's.  Gives out defense fits.  Not going to be that easy for us.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2014, 05:23:05 PM »
Big red...Ray and I are very well, save and except for his bad legs...he chased me too long in his younger years, haha.  How we wish we could turn the clock back about 20 years.  We did have wonderful away games.  I so enjoyed being "the toast mistress".  Golden memories!!!!!

GO PENGUINS

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »
The bottom line is punts got blocked-three times?  Clean it up!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »
He posted on Twitter about 15minutes ago that he should be ready for Saturday. :)

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »
Good luck stopping Zenner.  The info. on AOL was A-1 :o, "The Best  Running Back You Never Heard Of." They said ,as we know he is a real prospect to play on Sunday.  Plus as they said he is a pre- med student. Danger Will Robinson !!!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »
SDSU is also breaking ground on their new stadium at halftime of this Saturday's game. The game is sold out already, hobo day. Our boys better come ready to play!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »
SDSU is also breaking ground on their new stadium at halftime of this Saturday's game. The game is sold out already, hobo day. Our boys better come ready to play!

Right on the money 05. Is not Hobo day their homecoming as well?

I remember last year that Zenner had an injury in the second half & we had even more trouble with Gandy. Then 2-years ago, we had the best of Zenner, Gandy had about 10-rushes for negative yardage, but our unsuspecting D (all in the box) was torched by the pass. I suspect that Zenner was hurt that game as well.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:18:25 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline SDSUJack

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »

Right on the money 05. Is not Hobo day their homecoming as well?

I remember last year that Zenner had an injury in the second half & we had even more trouble with Gandy. Then 2-years ago, we had the best of Zenner, Gandy had about 10-rushes for negative yardage, but our unsuspecting D (all in the box) was torched by the pass. I suspect that Zenner was hurt that game as well.

Gandy has since moved to 4th on the depth chart, started the season 3rd.  To my knowledge he suffered a minor injury earlier in the season, and has not regained his spot, been talk of his lack of motivation the last couple of weeks, and thats a possible reason for his decreasing role.  If ZZ doesn't get all of the carries it is likely you will see Brady Mingarelli who is a Redshirt-Freshman, averaging roughly 6 carries game and 30 yards per game.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 08:21:30 AM »
I just watched their game against UNI and listened to their coaches show.  Here are my takeaways;

They have a really good receiver and a really good TE that they go to all the time in the passing game.  They run a lot of quick inside slants to the TE and the WR......the ones that cause us all kinds of problems.

They are going to try to pressure our young QB.  they want to get him running for his life (that's what their HC said).  They are working on their pass rush as extra emphasis.  They will also try to strip the ball and force turnovers.  They do not like where they stand on turnover margin and said it will cost them a game if it continues so this is another point of emphasis this week for them.  They are big and physical on the OL.

I think they will try to run a trick play or 2 on us this game.  They mentioned that we play a straight 3 deep or man coverage and our approach is bring us what you've got.  They will look at alignment and exploit it.  They will also run a sideline route with the TE and WR.  They also said we will have a lot of hats near the LOS.  They are concerned about Derek Rivers.  They are going to try to exploit our LB alignment. 

I expect them to run that slant with some success.  They will run plays based on our defensive secondary alignment.  Also they are rotating Zenner and his back-up is very good as well.  We will certainly have our hands full.

Based on what I hear this is what they will try to game plan for:

If they catch us in man coverage they will try to run the ball because they believe that Zenner only needs a seam and he can make one guy miss and take it to the house.  If we line up in a 3 deep they will pass it over the middle.

Their head coach said YSU has improved tremendously on defense.  But that could be coaches speak too.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:49:39 AM by penguinpower »