Author Topic: SDSUU...thoughts  (Read 44569 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SDSUU...thoughts
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2014, 10:53:43 PM »
To amplify Power's suggestion that we beat them up front on both sides of the line, consider these stats:

SDSU ran 84 offensive plays to our 56, BUT:

We averaged a staggering 7.5 yards per play; they attained only 5.5
We rushed for 5.6 yards per play; they got only 3.3
We passed for 9.5 yards per attempt; they made only 7.8

Defense was rarely out of position against Zenner.  He just ran through us several times, as great backs do.

I will take officials like this every game.  They let the linemen slug it out all day.  Sure they missed holding calls (on both sides) but letting the teams play made for an enjoyable game.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2014, 11:25:29 PM »
Wow just wow!! The only negative I came away with was Mondays practice will have to consist of tackling drills! Overall very solid on both sides of the ball. Joey is a weapon with that punt. Freshman QB with ice cold nerves ~ I like him  ;) 3 of the last 4 games against top 20 teams... Go .500 on the road playoff bound especially "IF" we get a "W" against NDSU or ISUr. 

ValleyTalk

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2014, 11:44:41 PM »
Wow just wow!! The only negative I came away with was Mondays practice will have to consist of tackling drills! Overall very solid on both sides of the ball. Joey is a weapon with that punt. Freshman QB with ice cold nerves ~ I like him  ;) 3 of the last 4 games against top 20 teams... Go .500 on the road playoff bound especially "IF" we get a "W" against NDSU or ISUr.
Illinois State is beatable. We shillacked them last year as well. Roberson is a good qb and all for them, but three straight weeks now have they trailed into the 4th. Beat USD convincingly before then though.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2014, 02:12:04 AM »
I agree ValleyTalk.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
Was really nice to see the defense get a stop on the final drive.  A very good team win.