Author Topic: Frisco tickets. .  (Read 62486 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Frisco tickets. .
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2016, 05:36:05 AM »
This is a complete debacle for the fans, especially the loyal fans.  We need a better marketing department.  We need people to attend the games.  This is really sad.  I know several people that cannot make the trip due to the cost of tickets and the cost of the flights now.  The bigwigs got the cheap tickets and the cheap flights.

I agree on the debacle, but how did the bigwigs get the cheap flights?

There were  $200 round trip flights out of CAK and now there are none.  We had all of the flight numbers written down but wanted to wait to have a ticket in hand before booking.  We got the tickets secured by 6 pm yesterday  after paying way too much for them, and went to book the flight.  Nothing.  They were full and they are all $400 at a minimam now.  Why? Because they got their tickets and booked their flights.  Meanwhile we were bidding on tickets and ended up just buying them outright so we could try to stay close to the YSU sections

We all know that the guy that is running the marketing department is missing a chromosome.  Why does Strolls put up with that kind of mediocrity.  He needs to have aggressive ticket sales targets made every year with a parallel measure of actual button in seats binding the higher ticket sales target. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 05:37:16 AM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2016, 06:19:31 AM »
We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skidding about taking the full allotment.

Were they expecting 20k to be at the playoff games ? Are there even 20k people left living in the city limits ? Give me a break. Strollo and the whole athletic department are a joke. Have you heard a peep from them since saturdays game ? Besides a measly tweet and Facebook post ? The most important game in our football program since 1999. What a crock of sh*t.

Whoa there.  This is true.  They lost their ass on the playoff games because they have to bid on them and honor the bid.   Tressel even donated $20k of his own money to buy tickets to the playoff games.  The problem lies with the people of Youngstown.  They routinely turn out 10k for high school football games but do not attend YSU games. It is not based on the people living in the city but more on the activities of people living in Boardman, Canfield, Poland as well as people in Warren area.and Liberty.  They need to balance a budget, I get it.  The people have not lived up to their end of the bargain and this is the result of that.  In addition many of those people (who have jobs and are not retired) expect a free ticket.  Why is that?  They were conditioned like dogs from the days of the Youngstown Pride.  They don't buy tickets, they look for hand outs.  The next time someone asks you for a free ticket, call them a dog and show them to the ticket office (at least until attendance returns).

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2016, 06:30:08 AM »
Honestly.....I agree. Can you blame them? We get 13k total for 2 home playoff games and now fans are coming out of the woodwork. Can't complain now when you won't show up and support the team in the castle.

I am pissed at them I didn't get a ticket.  I am more pissed at the freeloading fair weather fans that pit the university in this situation.

https://youtu.be/i5_T0azEpqM

ValleyTalk

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2016, 07:12:27 AM »
We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skidding about taking the full allotment.

Were they expecting 20k to be at the playoff games ? Are there even 20k people left living in the city limits ? Give me a break. Strollo and the whole athletic department are a joke. Have you heard a peep from them since saturdays game ? Besides a measly tweet and Facebook post ? The most important game in our football program since 1999. What a crock of sh*t.

The problem lies with the people of Youngstown.  They routinely turn out 10k for high school football games but do not attend YSU games.
I enjoy high school football and go to plenty of games and I can assure you attendance at local HS games is down as well. Furthermore, I struggle to believe ANY game this year had 10k. Old SVC games maybe had 7500 if they were lucky and those are the big time local schools. We have issues but from someone that lives here, I don't think that is the problem at all.

Offline led509

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Looking for tickets still.
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2016, 07:38:52 AM »
A
nyone know of tickets other than through NCAA?   Any NDSU fans left?

Led509

Offline BOP

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2016, 07:43:16 AM »

The problem lies with the people of Youngstown.  They routinely turn out 10k for high school football games but do not attend YSU games.
I enjoy high school football and go to plenty of games and I can assure you attendance at local HS games is down as well. Furthermore, I struggle to believe ANY game this year had 10k. Old SVC games maybe had 7500 if they were lucky and those are the big time local schools. We have issues but from someone that lives here, I don't think that is the problem at all.

1986 Mooney vs Boardman at YSU high noon.  Not a seat to be had, people were sitting on the steps.  7pm the same day YSU was playing Cincinnati 3500 tops.  Those days are LONG gone. 

Offline THEsocalledfan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2016, 07:44:50 AM »
My ebay auction for 4 great seats ends today at about noon:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272490335990?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Right now, bidding is at $56 for the 4 tickets.  These are $70/each face value.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2016, 07:50:55 AM »

1986 Mooney vs Boardman at YSU high noon.  Not a seat to be had, people were sitting on the steps.  7pm the same day YSU was playing Cincinnati 3500 tops.  Those days are LONG gone.
I meant OLD SVC RIVALS playing this year, my bad on not elaborating. Ursuline vs Boardman this year had maybe a few hundred folks. Ursuline Harding had a decent crowd but nothing like the days of early 2000s.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »

Although I live out of town I have attended 20% of the games this year. If 20% of the fans attending high school game in the Youngstown area were to all go to a YSU game, the University wouldn't be forced to make harsh decisions.  I called people up there and told them to go to the Wofford game.  I told them the university needs the money and that they need to support that team.

The real issue for me is that the people take for granted how special the football program is here.  They say as a matter of fact they know football, but they really don't.  They watch high school football that may have one athlete that can start at YSU after his sophomore year.  The rest of the players will never make a division 1 college football team.  There are far more bad players on the field in a high school game.  Hell, they probably don't cut anyone anymore.  High school football is a joke.

Best part is that the comedian that runs the Sunday sports show on 570 interviews the high school coaches and basically treats YSU football as an afterthought. Most of the callers want to talk about JFK and something that goes on in Painesville.  And then the there this other guy that calls in to hear himself on the radio.  That is the damn problem right there.  We should have a show with substance and dedicated to YSU.  I didn't know about Podesta, but it sounds like he is doing that.  Also, now fans won't go games if they feel it is too cold?  Youngstown people are known for their toughness and grit.  People have gotten soft but want to say that the area is tough....the data says otherwise for the majority.  I wont attack those people that do go to the games.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2016, 09:22:22 AM »
What a joke of a department. Sorry to all of you who got screwed.

Don't let it slide or things will never change

Offline BOP

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2016, 09:30:03 AM »

Although I live out of town I have attended 20% of the games this year. If 20% of the fans attending high school game in the Youngstown area were to all go to a YSU game, the University wouldn't be forced to make harsh decisions.  I called people up there and told them to go to the Wofford game.  I told them the university needs the money and that they need to support that team.

The real issue for me is that the people take for granted how special the football program is here.  They say as a matter of fact they know football, but they really don't.  They watch high school football that may have one athlete that can start at YSU after his sophomore year.  The rest of the players will never make a division 1 college football team.  There are far more bad players on the field in a high school game.  Hell, they probably don't cut anyone anymore.  High school football is a joke.

Best part is that the comedian that runs the Sunday sports show on 570 interviews the high school coaches and basically treats YSU football as an afterthought. Most of the callers want to talk about JFK and something that goes on in Painesville.  And then the there this other guy that calls in to hear himself on the radio.  That is the damn problem right there.  We should have a show with substance and dedicated to YSU.  I didn't know about Podesta, but it sounds like he is doing that.  Also, now fans won't go games if they feel it is too cold?  Youngstown people are known for their toughness and grit.  People have gotten soft but want to say that the area is tough....the data says otherwise for the majority.  I wont attack those people that do go to the games.

Just because someone lives in the Youngstown area does not mean they have an attraction to YSU football.  They may have gone to college somewhere else, or not gone at all.  They do more than likely though have an attraction to their local high school football team in the town where they live and their children go to school.  Saying that high school football is a joke is in fact a joke.  High school football, although not like it used to be, will ALWAYS trump YSU football in the Youngstown area.  If the Penguins continue to put out a good product, the people will return to the stands.   Attendance will be up next year, they need to keep building on this.  The athletic department major screwed up here on these tickets if they are hoping to keep that building thing going.   Also, Bo is not Tress, he is not going to be as charismatic and out front like Coach Tressel did building the "State of Youngstown"  Bo is a football coach, not a salesman.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »

Just because someone lives in the Youngstown area does not mean they have an attraction to YSU football.  They may have gone to college somewhere else, or not gone at all.  They do more than likely though have an attraction to their local high school football team in the town where they live and their children go to school.  Saying that high school football is a joke is in fact a joke.  High school football, although not like it used to be, will ALWAYS trump YSU football in the Youngstown area.  If the Penguins continue to put out a good product, the people will return to the stands.   Attendance will be up next year, they need to keep building on this.  The athletic department major screwed up here on these tickets if they are hoping to keep that building thing going.   Also, Bo is not Tress, he is not going to be as charismatic and out front like Coach Tressel did building the "State of Youngstown"  Bo is a football coach, not a salesman.

So basically you are saying that Youngstown is filled with Uncle Ricos as I stated.  They care more about high school, are uneducated and don't think High school football is horrible. You are proving my point.  Not many places can say they have a state university with a division 1 football program that has future pro athletes sprinkled in, which also has a fine engineering department and business school? And the fans wont come because the coach isn't charismatic?  You are one of them or part of the problem.  High school football sucks.  There a few legitimate athletes.  The quality is low.  You are saying people put higher standards on YSU but prefer to watch a a level of football where 99% of the players are pathetic athletes. 

I was dragged tons Mooney vs Ursuline game in 2008 (the last HS game I attended) and Mooney threw one pass the entire game because they were not capable of competing any.  There were 10k + fans there.  YSU had 5k fans the next day.  I conspicuously asked people how they could enjoy this garbage.  There were kids that would need a stool to open the refrigerator playing and people paid to watch it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:10:16 AM by penguinpower »

Offline led509

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2016, 10:02:02 AM »
It only shows 1 seat.

Offline stuperman17

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2016, 10:13:19 AM »
My own observation...

Wolford alienated a lot of fans.  He brought excitement at first and then continually failed to finish the seasons off, while being rude and ignorant.  Fans seemed to give up on the hope that they would ever return to what they were in the 90's, which is obviously quite lofty. 

I was around in the 90's and with Heacock and then Wolf... Heacock slowly lost fans but with Wolf it expedited the process, in my opinion.  He recruited good talent, talked a big game, and failed.  Then always put blame on others.  Coaching makes a world of difference, and we're seeing it this year. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2016, 10:30:40 AM »
"Coaching makes a world of difference, and we're seeing it this year."
There is absolutely no question about this statement!  You know, Bo is kind of a jerk.  I can understand how alumni and adminstrations can tire of him, but the SOB can coach.  I am beginning to look at him the same way I'm looking at Trump.  Kind of a jerk, but a also a winner and somebody that his assocaites really go to war for.  Frankly it would be nice if both were more like Tressel.  Someone you are proud of as a person and not just his accomplishments, but it is what it is and BP, JT and DJT are all winners in their own ways.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!