Author Topic: Frisco tickets. .  (Read 62502 times)

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Frisco tickets. .
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 02:53:20 PM »
Wow.  How embarrassing. What a colossal F*** up.  A sincere thanks to the a$$hole who is responsible for this.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 02:54:56 PM »
Still stuck in the 90's. That whole department needs a complete overhaul. Shame on them.

Offline GuinInThe434

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 03:02:20 PM »
I've read this board for a long time and enjoy it for the most part. But this ticket fiasco really infuriates me (enough to create an account).

We truly have a JV athletic department. I now live an hour away from JMU and they kicked our a$$ in how they marketed their tickets and organized travel. In my opinion, the biggest difference is that they expected to be in the championship while anyone at YSU outside of Bo, the coaching staff and players thought it was a pipe dream.

If the administration only accepted 1k of the offered 4k, shame on YSU. At the very worst, the athletic department would have been on the hook for $225,000 (3,000 at 75 per ticket), though we all know that would not have happened. Have some faith in the people of Youngstown and the alums. With Tressel at the helm, we could have done much better.

I'm not naïve and completely understand that the majority of athletic department across the country struggle to break even, but my God, we all know how long it has been since we have been in the playoffs. We have accepted being mediocre/below average at men's basketball, so let's try to do something positive with football.

We struck gold with Bo and I hope we can keep for a long time, though I have my doubts once the Nebraska money runs out. But I'll worry about that at a later time.

On a positive note, I already have my tickets and can't wait to get to Frisco! Hoping for a great turnout from fellow Penguins who have to purchase their tickets on Flash Seats. Go Guins!

End rant.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:05:52 PM by GuinInThe434 »

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »
Ron Potesta saying that "someone" from the university told him that WE only asked for 1000 tix.  WHAT?!?!?!  Would love to know the truth. Either way...its absurd and highly disappointing.

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 03:20:15 PM »
Ron Potesta saying that "someone" from the university told him that WE only asked for 1000 tix.  WHAT?!?!?!  Would love to know the truth. Either way...its absurd and highly disappointing.

Ron Potesta's source is lying through his teeth, said we had to request the tickets by the end of the 2nd round. LOL. No f'ing way. 21 WFMJ is going to bring this up and it's not going to be pretty watching the university backtrack here.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 03:23:01 PM »
 I am hearing all the above posts are accurate, unreal!   Why would they send back tickets, not knowing how many of our fans want to attend the game?

It's like they don't want us there, keep it to only the cronies.  Agree, on the overhaul of athletics.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 03:25:16 PM »
Why is anyone surprised by this?  Did you think that incompetent people would finally take steps to service our fans?  Think about this.  This is ALL they had to do early last week.  Just send an email to season ticket holders with this brief and to the point message:

"Hello, should our team win in Washington on Saturday, are you planning on attending the championship game in Texas?  This is not a binding commitment but please respond.  We need to know how many tickets to reserve for our fans.  Thank you."

That's it.  That is all these fools had to do to avoid this disaster.  But they were not capable of such planning.  They are that incompetent.

Tressel has done some great things for the university.  He must....simply must....turn his attention to the dysfunctional athletic department and take out the garbage.

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »

Tressel has done some great things for the university.  He must....simply must....turn his attention to the dysfunctional athletic department and take out the garbage.

One would think that a screw up of this magnitude would show how incompetent the athletic department is.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »
Haven't been on here in a LONG time.  For those of you who still plan on going, enjoy your 20% tax on the flash seats website.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the YSU Athletic Department.  I will SERIOUSLY contemplate canceling my already paid for plans for that weekend.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 03:48:09 PM »
Lol. I just called potesta and ranted.  He AGREES with YSU only taking 1k tix. He says why would they get more when the playoffs couldnt draw a crowd.  WHATEVER!!!!

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »
Seriously, NDSU fans and twitter were much more useful than our athletic department. Once JMU said their allotment was on the west side, we were fortunate to scoop some decent seats on the YSU side when they were still below face value...

Offline cx500d

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 03:53:51 PM »
Seriously, NDSU fans and twitter were much more useful than our athletic department. Once JMU said their allotment was on the west side, we were fortunate to scoop some decent seats on the YSU side when they were still below face value...

OK, you know what side of the stadium is "yours,"  but quite frankly when push comes to shove, if tickets are available on the other side, buy them.  We sat all over the stadium, sides didn't matter.

That said, somebody in your ticket office and sports information department needs to be held accountable.  It doesn't help if school is on break, but its not like you haven't been there before (hey YSU, the 90's are calling and they want to give you your trophy back!)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »
We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skiddish about taking the full allotment.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:22:54 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 04:06:34 PM »
This is pretty funny, or sad..

http://wkbn.com/2016/12/18/tickets-to-fcs-national-championship-game-quickly-running-out/

Trevor Parks from the YSU Athletic Department said after the Jacksonville State game, Youngstown State committed $75,000 to purchase 1,000 tickets.

The university was able to provide tickets to loge holders and others, but have since run out. YSU was hoping to have more tickets, but none were available. NB: what a lie!

“Despite not having any additional tickets available to provide to fans, we are optimistic that fans will be able to locate tickets in secondary markets. We are thrilled to have as much support in Frisco on January 7,” he said.

To me, the other part of the story that doesn't hold up is why were we not allowed to purchase those 3K seats after the EWU game. James Madison made it seem like we refused them, which makes sense.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:07:33 PM by supermario21 »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 04:08:02 PM »
We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skidding about taking the full allotment.

Were they expecting 20k to be at the playoff games ? Are there even 20k people left living in the city limits ? Give me a break. Strollo and the whole athletic department are a joke. Have you heard a peep from them since saturdays game ? Besides a measly tweet and Facebook post ? The most important game in our football program since 1999. What a crock of sh*t.