Author Topic: Frisco tickets. .  (Read 62491 times)

Offline Dukester

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Frisco tickets. .
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2016, 11:29:50 AM »
We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skidding about taking the full allotment.

Were they expecting 20k to be at the playoff games ? Are there even 20k people left living in the city limits ? Give me a break. Strollo and the whole athletic department are a joke. Have you heard a peep from them since saturdays game ? Besides a measly tweet and Facebook post ? The most important game in our football program since 1999. What a crock of sh*t.

The problem lies with the people of Youngstown.  They routinely turn out 10k for high school football games but do not attend YSU games.
I enjoy high school football and go to plenty of games and I can assure you attendance at local HS games is down as well. Furthermore, I struggle to believe ANY game this year had 10k. Old SVC games maybe had 7500 if they were lucky and those are the big time local schools. We have issues but from someone that lives here, I don't think that is the problem at all.

I don't get how you only ordered 1k of your 4k allotment.  JMU was only had 60% full in the playoffs.  That happens in the playoffs.    It appears we'll have at least 10k at Frisco.  Our attendance won't be that much less (33% lees) than home playoff games.   To reserve only 1k and give JMU 7k?  That is beyond nuts.  We've been outbid twice by much less supported programs over the last 12 years, so we've had our own frustrations, but only taking 1K of tickets probably takes the cake.   ???

Offline GFBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for tickets still.
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2016, 11:46:13 AM »
A
nyone know of tickets other than through NCAA?   Any NDSU fans left?

Led509

I am thinking that most of us NDSU fans listed our tix on Flashseats.  It is the place to go to purchase these tix IMHO.  I already sold mine but I do have two wristbands yet for the River Club.  This is a premium service that allows you early access to the stadium (1/2 hour) with food and beverage in an enclosed area above the stands on the west side.  This is the only place inside the stadium to get an adult beverage.  PM me if interested and do search for your game seats on Flashseats if you still don't have them.

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2016, 12:26:17 PM »
When looking at home playoff attendance, you have to consider several things. First, those games were not known until 6 days max ahead of time. That's not much time to alter plans, family commitments, work, etc. There's 3 weeks between the EWU game and the title game. Plenty of time for people to change work schedules and make plans. The weather was also atrocious for both of those games. 30 and windy/cold/rainy is pretty unlikely in Frisco. Plus, it's the championship. How do you engage non-diehard fans? Let them purchase tickets to this game. Not only does this turn away the lukewarm fans, it also pissed off a lot of people in the Penguin Club who couldn't get tickets. The JMU ticket office was working overtime all weekend from Friday night on with both travel/ticket arrangements and keeping people informed on social media. YSU did none of that. How did JMU magically end up with 3 thousand extra tickets? It was because they were actively soliciting fan interest and had people requesting tickets via a sort of lottery system. If YSU had been doing something like that they probably could have asked for those 3 thousand tickets. Shame on our grade school level athletic department. The kicker to all that is they were letting people know by Monday AM if they had gotten tickets. It was mostly their Penguin Club equivalent who had gotten tickets, and the entire group of Dukes Club members that got tickets received them. Those who ordered but didn't receive tickets then got on the secondary market a full day before anyone knew anything about what was going on here.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:27:51 PM by supermario21 »

Offline Owlguin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2016, 12:40:20 PM »
I would agree.  There was no planning ahead for this and the fans will literally pay the price, and the players may not have the support they deserve.  In the end, the office probably knew (or should have known) the required policy for the title game of committing to purchase a set number of tickets, and they should have requested ticket reservations from fans long in advance. 

Offline THEsocalledfan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2016, 01:10:08 PM »
Last chance to buy 4 great tickets for over 50% off face value.  My ebay auction ends in less than 2 hours.  These are section 110, third row; probably better and cheaper than many allotment seats.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272490335990?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »
I've had posts deleted and was threatened to be banned from this board for criticizing, amongst others, our AD.  I've even called him a moRon.....*gasp*...*sound of pearl clutching*......  I didn't do it cuz it was amusing, or I was bored, but because his incompetence hurts the University.  Going to the FCS championship is happening despite him.  As long as he's there, expect to pay the price for his ineptitude....and due to a wholesale lack of accountability there....and a complicit and pathetic local cheerleader media...he's likely there until his retirement.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »
They are discussing this on 570.  At the end of the day the NCAA is the issue.  YSU had to pre-buy the tickets (up to 4000 seats.  YSU looked at actual butts in seats (because ticket sales are inflated by the corporate sponsors buying all the majority of tickets). Therefore YSU looked at actual attendance figures and had to remain conservative because if we lost in subsequent rounds we still had to pay for the tickets.  The bottom line is that everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and the corporate sponsors had higher demand.  Lesson is more people need to actually pay for their tickets and I suspect we they would have a higher se se of urgency to attend the games.  When its free there is less fan commitment. Don't ever give your tickets out for free.

Offline footballfanatic

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2016, 04:05:13 PM »
That makes no sense at all... Why would we have to pay for 1000 tickets if we don't make it to the championship game? Does that mean the other 6 teams that were in the quarterfinals and put in their bid for tickets are paying for tickets? If that is the case then someone needs to investigate the NCAA because that is the biggest rip off I have ever heard of!

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2016, 04:41:17 PM »
That makes no sense at all... Why would we have to pay for 1000 tickets if we don't make it to the championship game? Does that mean the other 6 teams that were in the quarterfinals and put in their bid for tickets are paying for tickets? If that is the case then someone needs to investigate the NCAA because that is the biggest rip off I have ever heard of!

That's the one sticking point, and one where I think YSU isn't telling the truth. If you go on twitter and follow JMUtickets account, they said early sunday that they were through their allotment and that their sections were 100-107. Then on Monday evening they said they added 128-133. To me, that means the NCAA offered YSU (which refused) then came back to JMU and asked if they'd want them. By then JMU knew their demand and took them.

Offline Owlguin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2016, 05:07:23 PM »
Can't blame the NCAA if you didn't reach out to your boosters and alumni well in advance and take presales and/or reservations for tickets.  That happens at the college level all the time.  If they had done that, they would have had a good idea of how many tickets were needed by Sunday morning.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
I've had posts deleted and was threatened to be banned from this board for criticizing, amongst others, our AD.  I've even called him a moRon.....*gasp*...*sound of pearl clutching*......  I didn't do it cuz it was amusing, or I was bored, but because his incompetence hurts the University.  Going to the FCS championship is happening despite him.  As long as he's there, expect to pay the price for his ineptitude....and due to a wholesale lack of accountability there....and a complicit and pathetic local cheerleader media...he's likely there until his retirement.

So the man is moron because he did not purchase 4k tickets to a game that the odds of us getting there are about 4.1%; that is assuming everyone playing on the same neutral site (same environmental conditions, fan-size, band volume, etc. are all equal throughout the entire tournament and there was no seeding. I would need to pull out my Stats-III book to try and calculate the odds of an unseeded team with some games at home and others on opposing teams turf. I would bet it would not even come microscopically-close to 1%. We were outbid by Richmond in the previous round. That is where I would have rather seen the $$ go ..at least the odds are much improved. Sounds like a incredibly wise business decision to me.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2016, 06:37:29 PM »
There are a bunch of tickets on all the ticket sites.  If you want to go you can buy one.  The place holds around 20k

Offline footballfanatic

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
It still makes no sense and we can't be getting the right story... So the other 6 teams (NDSU, Wofford, Eastern Washington, SHSU etc) all guaranteed and paid for up to 4K tickets for each school? Let's say those 6 teams committed to selling 2k tickets. That's 12,000 tickets at $75 each which comes to $900,000!! What in the hell is the NCAA doing with that money? This is a low estimate because I would assume most schools would commit to the 4K tickets. I just don't believe that the other schools that are not in the championship game are having to pay for the tickets. I call BS on this one!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »
I suspect if you don't make the championship no money is exchanged. I'm sure its BAD verbiage in the release.  If both qualifying schools are entitled to 4k a piece that leaves 12k tickets for the NCAA to distribute.  I'm sure the public could've purchased tickets throughout 2016 for the championship through their exchange.  I would guess that's why NDSU fans are selling online because they assumed they would qualify and purchased earlier this year.  I doubt the NCAA waits until 3 weeks before the game to put tickets on sale.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2016, 07:41:13 PM »

So the man is moron because he did not purchase 4k tickets to a game that the odds of us getting there are about 4.1%; that is assuming everyone playing on the same neutral site (same environmental conditions, fan-size, band volume, etc. are all equal throughout the entire tournament and there was no seeding. I would need to pull out my Stats-III book to try and calculate the odds of an unseeded team with some games at home and others on opposing teams turf. I would bet it would not even come microscopically-close to 1%. We were outbid by Richmond in the previous round. That is where I would have rather seen the $$ go ..at least the odds are much improved. Sounds like a incredibly wise business decision to me.
[/quote]

Do you see the irony of the YSU Athletic Department pleading with fans all season to go to games, and then when it's YSU $$ on the line, they balk?  Even noting that team performance was related to attendance?

In most recent years, the attendance for the FCS title game is >20k.  How about when YSU was in it?

'99  20.052
'97  14,771
'94  27,674
'93  29,218
'92  31,304
'91  12,667

You don't think we'd sell 4k?

The 4k seats would all be together, with YSU fans sitting together with a likely multiplier effect in terms of cheering, overall experience,  and enthusiasm. On TV, it provides great optics with a sea of red and white.

If purchased separately, the YSU fans will be scattered with the opposite effect.

The 4k would've been repayed with fans purchasing seats, but if you don't have the $$ to commit to be successful, then you don't belong in that division.  There is always some risk with investment.  This would've been a relatively safe investment.

All of that being said, if the bid was kept by the NCAA even if YSU never made the title game, my bid would have been zero....instead I would've sent them a note to bite me.....but I don't think that's the case.

So the man is moron...to me.

Well said.

Nice but Watch you whom you are quoting I did not say that.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:59:57 PM by IAA Fan »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen