Poll

Who will win on Saturday?

YSU
9 (34.6%)
NDSU
17 (65.4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: YSU @ NDSU  (Read 25162 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU @ NDSU
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:47:30 PM »
Everything is on the line for Saturday.  Will YSU beat the Bison in the Fargodome as they did in 2011? 

Massey gives YSU a 6% chance of winning  :-\ and predicts a 21 point MOV for the Bison.

Go Penguins!  Raise some hell in Fargo.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU @ NDSU
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 01:49:32 PM »
I'm thinking a low scoring game with YSU keeping the game on the ground.  YSU leads at the half, but NDSU prevails by 10.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 01:56:51 PM »
I'd say this game will get out of hand quickly "IF" the team loses it's composure. NDSU is like a big bully they love to force stupid players to do stupid things and then they'll pounce on that mistake.

YSU plays a great mistake free game it'll be a low scoring game NDSU 17-13

YSU plays like they did the last two weeks NDSU 45-7

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »
First. Thank you for starting a new topic.
Second. F*** Massey and their ratings.
Third. Let's go Guins. Let the boys play and make it interesting, and cause some hell for the playoff selection committees.

(I'm hoping to see a different YSU team on Saturday. One that is going to put it all on the line, and do anything to win. Both coaches and staff).
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »
YSU does not have a QB to win this game with. And the game may well be a blowout. NDS in a cakewalk.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 02:37:48 PM »
Need to be mentally prepared this week. Never know what can happen. We sure as hell weren't supposed to win 3 years ago.  fb

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:46:41 PM »
How does a team with one of the best backfields in the FCS get ranked last in red-zone offense in the MVFC?

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/team-all.pdf

If they catch a few breaks, execute with near perfection (no red zone fumbles), I could see this being a great game.  I hope Wolf goes down swinging, even if it ends with an L.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
Hoping for and want nothing but the best on Saturday! Need to eliminate any boo boos on saturday.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 03:01:56 PM »
If NDSU had remained undefeated, our chances would be better.  They probably could not fall below the second seed even with a loss.  But now they will be highly motivated.  If they lose this game, they might fall even lower than the four seed, meaning two road games before the championship.  I think that bigred's prediction will be right on the mark.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »
YSU does not have a QB to win this game with. And the game may well be a blowout. NDS in a cakewalk.

LOL!! This QB YSU has now has the tools just needs the experience. Better than the last 4 years of QB misery!!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 03:28:26 PM »
I could go on and on, Red, about how lucky this QB is. The number of  dropped INTs , the overthrown balls, those throw into the dirt at the receivers feet from 5-10 yds. away , the control Montgomery keeps over him confining him to short throws , and being fooled on the D disguising the coverage or blitzes, it's been a lucky trip. However, the league is reading him well now. Besides being a Frosh,  his limited skills are coming home to roost. But I'll continue to read about how great he is. It will be a sad place around here for awhile until people catch on and his luck turns. Cheers!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »
I could go on and on, Red, about how lucky this QB is. The number of  dropped INTs , the overthrown balls, those throw into the dirt at the receivers feet from 5-10 yds. away , the control Montgomery keeps over him confining him to short throws , and being fooled on the D disguising the coverage or blitzes, it's been a lucky trip. However, the league is reading him well now. Besides being a Frosh,  his limited skills are coming home to roost. But I'll continue to read about how great he is. It will be a sad place around here for awhile until people catch on and his luck turns. Cheers!

I still like him.  ;)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 03:53:20 PM »
Hunter Wells    106 -176   1637 yds  60.2%   12 td   4 int .   Not bad for a true frosh.  Future is bright.   Paladin,are you saying this because he's a true freshman or he's not YSU material ?  I can't imagine you'll be beating this dead horse after Wells has a spring practice season and starts next Sept as a sophomore.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
Hunter Wells will break all the records at YSU. Christian told me the other night that the throws this kid can make are unbelievable. Coach carter the WR coach has been around college football and coached some impressive players and been around guys like Jay Cutler and Christian said he told them this kid is unreal, and at his age and with his experience is great. Will be interesting to see how his career in the YO pans out.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 04:57:15 PM »

I suppose I could ALSO go on and on about every point you made but in the opposite direction too.  You basically "what if'ed" his entire game.  If you are going to what if Hunter then you MUST what if every position of every team of every game. Now, i am not going to dub him the GOAT.  But, Balls are overthrown by every quarterback every game, regardless of age.  INT's are dropped by every DB in every game regardless of age.  We could also go on and on about "lucky" plays and players and games every hour of every Saturday of every football season.  Again, not saying he is the GOAT but c'mon man.