Author Topic: JSU  (Read 42002 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: JSU
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2016, 11:26:22 AM »
Instead of Nation for short, maybe we should start calling you Hillary?

Watch it!  Hillary has a way of making ppl go away!  :D  If you'd like, you can donate to the "Penguin Nation Global Initiative", or the "Nation Foundation", and I'll promise to give 6% of it to Haiti.........
Yep, I was right, a Hilly clone!  (you think 6% is going to Haiti, I bet you are high by half!)

dammit you're correct.  It was less than 6%.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/16/just-5-7-percent-of-clinton-foundation-budget-actually-went-to-charity/
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »
Gotta love how Nation has to ruin this topic if anyone wants to look back. Calls a QB that never stopped practicing with the team disloyal, yet remains quiet about the real disloyal acts over the past week. Almost comical.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »
Gotta love how Nation has to ruin this topic if anyone wants to look back. Calls a QB that never stopped practicing with the team disloyal, yet remains quiet about the real disloyal acts over the past week. Almost comical.

If you are going to persist with fairy tales and misinformation:

Wells quit dressing for games and planned to leave the program because he was pouting about being dropped to #4.  He did the minimum to keep his scholly but not lose a year of eligibility.  You can still be a Penguin fan and realize that he prioritizes himself over the team in every possible way, on the field as well as off.

Ruiz got screwed from what I see.  I'm not going to comment about anything else until I have more info.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2016, 01:28:23 PM »

If you are going to persist with fairy tales and misinformation:

Wells quit dressing for games and planned to leave the program because he was pouting about being dropped to #4.  He did the minimum to keep his scholly but not lose a year of eligibility.  You can still be a Penguin fan and realize that he prioritizes himself over the team in every possible way, on the field as well as off.

Ruiz got screwed from what I see.  I'm not going to comment about anything else until I have more info.

Wrong. He was under absolutely ZERO obligation> know your facts. He was granted transfer request before he even asked for it. Before this year began. Also, we would have been better served with Mays taking Scout. He stuck around because he had loyalty that for some idiotic reason, you seem to insist that he does not. So since we are in a season that was just a fairy-tale before he took over ... I again laugh at your hatred. Even if it was to stay in shape ...who cares? You just cannot deal with someone posting after you and respond to the point where it is humorous. Like your buddy before you, you just figure Wells will eventually slip ...giving you that desperate wish to post "I told you so". Well, cannot happen as he has already exceeded our expectations ...so hold it for next year. Just remember we are not laughing with you; but at you.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »
He doesn't hate the team, HR just doesn't like the qb.  It is his prerogative

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »
No one disputes that he received a transfer request. 

"He stuck around because he had loyalty that for some idiotic reason".....I'm not sure you can call trying to leave the team and not dressing for games as "sticking around"....he did the minimum to get the scholly...if you want to call that "sticking around" than go for it.

"you just figure Wells will eventually slip"  He already has.  We barely beat a #2 SoCon team in 2OT despite him...despite a pic and a blocked punt after an ineffective short drive leading directly to nine opponent points.  I've already mentioned his fleeing for the sideline "safe space" when we needed to run the clock.  He pulls any of that versus a legit FCS team like EWU or NDSU than others may not be able to compensate for his inadequacies. 

Offline footballfanatic

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2016, 02:24:14 PM »
Nation - you really need to find something in your life that makes you happy and stop hating on 19-22 year old kids!! Hunter Wells is our QB and we are in the final four!! That should make everyone happy. He was granted his release and did not dress or travel because he had a shoulder injury. He had an MRI the week before he starting playing. Just wondering... how far did you take your team when you were the QB?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2016, 02:54:12 PM »
Nation - you really need to find something in your life that makes you happy and stop hating on 19-22 year old kids!! Hunter Wells is our QB and we are in the final four!! That should make everyone happy. He was granted his release and did not dress or travel because he had a shoulder injury. He had an MRI the week before he starting playing. Just wondering... how far did you take your team when you were the QB?

Bo said early in the season on the radio that Wells shoulder was fine.  Also, one does not need to quit a program because of a shoulder issue, assuming it's even true.

Lighten up.  These conversations are all limited to performance issues for which they receive a scholarship for.  Many of these kids get yelled at in practice and on the sidelines...If they had jobs they may get b'ed out there too...I think they can handle factual comments about their performance, or lack thereof.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2016, 03:29:47 PM »

Bo said early in the season on the radio that Wells shoulder was fine.  Also, one does not need to quit a program because of a shoulder issue, assuming it's even true.

Lighten up.  These conversations are all limited to performance issues for which they receive a scholarship for.  Many of these kids get yelled at in practice and on the sidelines...If they had jobs they may get b'ed out there too...I think they can handle factual comments about their performance, or lack thereof.

Hey Nation... I'm going to put this as simple as possible for you. Being a parent of one of our players and knowing what I do. I can tell you quite honestly that you are dead wrong.
As for these conversations being about performance, you EVER come on here or anywhere and talk about my son the way you talk about Wells. I will hunt you down like a dog.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2016, 03:52:12 PM »
Look at you with those keyboard muscles!  Hey tough guy, I'll say what I want to say when I want to say it.  Got it chump?

Everything said is factual and performance related, and relevant to the success (or failure) of the program.  Feel free to correct the record if stats posted were erroneous or unrelated to YSU FB.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2016, 03:56:53 PM »
Look at you with those keyboard muscles!  Hey tough guy, I'll say what I want to say when I want to say it.  Got it chump?

Everything said is factual and performance related, and relevant to the success (or failure) of the program.  Feel free to correct the record if stats posted were erroneous or unrelated to YSU FB.

Anytime you want to meet up let me know. I will gladly meet you anytime, anywhere. Just send me a PM.

By the way you don't deal in facts, you deal in opinions. And your opinions are wrong.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2016, 10:36:55 PM »

Anytime you want to meet up let me know. I will gladly meet you anytime, anywhere. Just send me a PM.

By the way you don't deal in facts, you deal in opinions. And your opinions are wrong.
Don't waste your breath on this clown.  Says Hunter is a coward.  Says he can't play or win.  Well we know now just exactly how wrong he is!!!  Frisco here we come!!!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2016, 11:21:19 PM »
I didn't think Wells could handle EWU-level opposition.  I was mistaken.  He proved himself.  His passing has improved from last year and from the regular season.  He even had a few good drive-saving runs, no turnovers, and endured 4 drops from the receivers.  Like a true champ, he has risen to the challenge.

Great team win.  Definitely a classic.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2016, 01:03:36 AM »
I didn't think Wells could handle EWU-level opposition.  I was mistaken.  He proved himself.  His passing has improved from last year and from the regular season.  He even had a few good drive-saving runs, no turnovers, and endured 4 drops from the receivers.  Like a true champ, he has risen to the challenge.

And he didn't slide.  He took some hits

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2016, 09:04:09 AM »

And he didn't slide.  He took some hits
When there is nothing to gain, Hunter slides.  We had a ton to gain last night and he didn't slide.  Smart as well as a champion!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!