Author Topic: JSU  (Read 41941 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: JSU
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
Wells and Mays didn't move ahead of Davis on the depth chart because they out-played him.  They moved ahead of him because he suffered a severe concussion.  YSU's last three opponents all have terrible defenses.  They are ranked 100th, 104th and 91st in FCS total defense per game.  The Guins could have beaten all three with Bo's son Pat at QB.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »
Wells and Mays didn't move ahead of Davis on the depth chart because they out-played him.  They moved ahead of him because he suffered a severe concussion.  YSU's last three opponents all have terrible defenses.  They are ranked 100th, 104th and 91st in FCS total defense per game.  The Guins could have beaten all three with Bo's son Pat at QB.
Spouting off silly stuff like that makes you look the fool.  Hunter is the best thower we have and not by a little bit.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2016, 05:57:47 PM »
Wells and Mays didn't move ahead of Davis on the depth chart because they out-played him.  They moved ahead of him because he suffered a severe concussion.  YSU's last three opponents all have terrible defenses.  They are ranked 100th, 104th and 91st in FCS total defense per game.  The Guins could have beaten all three with Bo's son Pat at QB

Yea very astute observation. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 09:31:22 PM »
Looked like a nice stadium, anyone hear the announced crowd
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2016, 09:39:19 PM »

ESPN Go says 18,838?!?!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2016, 07:32:47 AM »

ESPN Go says 18,838?!?!

Good crowd but I would have never guessed that high
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2016, 10:54:36 AM »

100% accurate.

Two simple questions:

1)  What kind of team would we have if everyone who didn't start, or lost their starting job, left the team unless they got their way?

2)  What kind of team would we have if all players sacrificed team success to avoid contact or injury?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »
1)  What kind of team would we have if everyone who didn't start, or lost their starting job, left the team unless they got their way?
We know the answer to this question.  Look at the Wolford years.  We had as many as 20 players quit in a single season because of the issues you note. 

2)  What kind of team would we have if all players sacrificed team success to avoid contact or injury?
We would be better in some cases.  You make avoiding inury as a negative.  Sometimes wisdom and living to fight another day are an advantage.  I don't see Tom Brady diving for the extra yard like RGIII does and how is that working out for those two?

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »
I believe you will see Ricky have a increased roll on Saturday and will be the backup QB not Mays

Offline Pfoottball

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2016, 08:17:12 PM »
Welcome back Nation...No posts for a while.. Tough to be a hater isn't it??  We all know you hate Wells and he couldn't go too D2 and that your dog is a better QB. Nada family?? Anyways keep posting your stats. They don't lie right? May's was 1-1 last week. Should be starting for the Brown's under you stats analysis.. All the Qb's have performed when out there. You QB coach and run the offense in your mind and let the big boys do there job!!!!   Go Penguins!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2016, 08:23:05 PM »
So has anyone had a chance to look at the stats when we run plays out of the shotgun?  I haven't had time but I may take a look at the game and evaluate the data.  I think that we scored on plays where we were under center only.  I think that all of the passes were completed when running under center.  I say we stick to that type of power game.  It is making a difference

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2016, 08:27:03 PM »
So has anyone had a chance to look at the stats when we run plays out of the shotgun?  I haven't had time but I may take a look at the game and evaluate the data.  I think that we scored on plays where we were under center only.  I think that all of the passes were completed when running under center.  I say we stick to that type of power game.  It is making a difference
I couldn't agree more Power the play action is really working !!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 04:30:13 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2016, 09:34:26 AM »
I think it needs to be a part of our offense, but the bigger plays have come off of the gun. I like the way we are mixing it up right now, it is so important to kind of "re-invent" yourself in the post-season. Just as JSU and YSU both did last week

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »
I think it needs to be a part of our offense, but the bigger plays have come off of the gun. I like the way we are mixing it up right now, it is so important to kind of "re-invent" yourself in the post-season. Just as JSU and YSU both did last week
I agree 100% with your assessment.  We have had a really great mix of plays, formations, etc. over the last 3-4 weeks.  Two thinks are VERY obvious to me.  #1 Pelini wants to have a run threat at QB.  #2 Montgomery is MUCH more comfortable with Wells at QB.  The alternating QB's will work for this playoff run, but frankly I'd be VERY surprised if both are on the YSU staff next season.  One isn't right and the other wrong, but they NEED to be on the same page.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2016, 09:57:43 AM »

You are wrong.