Poll

Who wins?

Youngstown State
9 (47.4%)
Missouri State
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: YSU at Missouri State  (Read 20451 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU at Missouri State
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 08:28:22 AM »
Are Ruiz and Webb both good to go after leaving early against St Francis?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 09:06:25 AM »
Yes. Both.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 01:33:23 PM »
Easy on Scalzo. I said 7-5 in the pre-season and also said if the QB problem isn't fixed or they get injuries 6-6 or worse is possible. I'll be curious to see if the BEST players play. Time for bullsh!ting the public is over with on the weenie games. Best have the studs out there now.
Prediction time Alan. Let's hear it.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 05:10:42 PM »
Wolf said Durden is still not cleared to play.... What the hell?!? At last Kitchen is gonna play. Will need him down the stretch.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »
Pre-season, I would have said MSU would be an easy win. Not now. I was serious pre-season when I said that QB was a major concern and see no reason that its changed. Unless Kitchen is an animal, the DL looks little changed from last year, T. Williams should be a starter at LB and the secondary is still a problem. Now the serious games start after  playing a bottom  team and 3 weenie games. I look for YSU to be able to run the ball well but how well they protect the QB will determine if we have an effective but not great pass  game. We should score some but I don't think YSU will light it up. The D will not stop MSU and that's were the game is important when you are on the road. They are going to move the ball and score. Hope we can keep it close. A win would    be nice but I think some of  warts are going to start showing in the MVFC games.  This isn't UNI, but its still a problem.

MSU 28-24 

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 06:22:36 PM »
Travis Williams need to be on the field period.  If the staff feels he is undisciplined at LB why not try him at DE on certain downs as a speed rusher?  If the CB transfers are able to play man and the GA Tech transfer can make a difference up the middle this could work.....  At this point anything the staff can try would be worth it...........
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:24:24 PM by goodnews »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »
YSU 28
MSU 27

Game winning FG by Cejudo.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 07:12:56 AM »
YSU 28
MSU 27

Odd number 28 with a game winning field goal 05  ;)

MSU 38- 24  :-\

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 07:22:22 AM »
Travis Williams need to be on the field period.  If the staff feels he is undisciplined at LB why not try him at DE on certain downs as a speed rusher?  If the CB transfers are able to play man and the GA Tech transfer can make a difference up the middle this could work.....  At this point anything the staff can try would be worth it...........

Great post. We should have as many as 3 Williams' on the field. Let Travis focus on the x-back. In my opinion, if we win ...we win big. If we lose, we lose close.

Some items to consider:

- If my figures are correct, the Bears are averaging almost 34ppg against us over the last 4 games (they are 4-0) ...they have only won 1-game prior to that & averaged less that 14ppg over that period.

-Coach W's only game against them has to be one of his worst memories. I do not think we will collapse in the second half.

- Statistically speaking, these two clubs could not be any tighter, but MSU has the stronger schedule. What is odd in the UCA game is that UCA seemed to be their own worst enemy ...they had little issue moving the ball against the Bears. I really think if we play our game, this one is not even close ...a big Penguin win. It is all on the defense. Both defenses are giving up almost 400ypg.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »
YSU 28
MSU 27

Odd number 28 with a game winning field goal 05  ;)

MSU 38- 24  :-\

Haha odd number for an odd game I believe were about to see.

Offline YSU_Penguins17

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »
These really are two pretty evenly matched teams. Our defense does scare me, I won't lie but the way to slow down Harris and MSU is by keeping him off the field. I believe we will see a heavy dose of our running game and I don't think they can stop us. This game will come down to 3 things: 1. Turnovers, 2. Responding to Missouri State's run (see the '10 and '11 games) and 3. Whichever QB makes more plays through the air.
"The Red and White are waving..."

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
YSU 31 - 27

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 09:37:08 AM »
28-21 YSU.

Defense gets a sack to seal it on a 4th and goal and I lose my mind since we generated a pass rush.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »
28-21 YSU.

Defense gets a sack to seal it on a 4th and goal and I lose my mind since we generated a pass rush.

Two words......... Terry Allen  :(

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 11:09:09 AM »
This will be the most difficult game for us so far this year, I believe Missouri St is better than Illinois. The game should be close. In fact, we will probably be leading at half time, then some how we will find a way to lose it.

I hope I am wrong and our defense holds up well against the their QB's running ability and stop their 3rd down plays. That's probably wishful thinking.

MSU 31  YSU 24

Again, I hope I am wrong.

Go Penguins!