Author Topic: Ryan Weber Transferring  (Read 53747 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Weber Transferring
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 04:05:40 PM »
Time for the university to pony up, offer Jerry a nice retirement package and send him on his way.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »
Funny how we never discuss sports anymore. How about talking MBB ...what players are returning? What playing positions do we need to fill? What is our Non-conference schedule shaping up to look like?etc. Somehow you feel that we get a new coach and "POW" the world is right again?

You know, animals are smart enough not to "cr*p" where they live ...so what are we posters less smart than animals?

Let's talk YSU basketball here & talk crap elsewhere. Maybe on the paper's site or maybe email the University.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »
I wouldn't be too sure that Keene is gone. I have yet to hear any indication he is gone. Heard some more on the Weber thing this evening and at least what I was told had more to do with him wanting to be closer to family/friends. At end of day, won't change the fact it's a major loss.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
Beamon is gone:

@RBJr_23: The hardest part about leaving ysu is definitely going to be the relationships I made here.. But everything has its season. #rippops #moveon

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 10:20:30 PM »
Aaaannndddd they just keep adding up. Wow. But let's keep Jerry as the program crumbles.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 10:47:28 PM »
1AA-  We can talk sports and what players are returning but what is their to talk about.  Sinking ship is what I see.   Look for a few more to leave.   

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2014, 11:04:23 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ryweb33/status/427169781356040192

I don't know either......but the YSU athletic department seems to embrace it.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Lets_Talk

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2014, 11:39:33 PM »
How can we discuss which players are returning, when at this point players with eligibility left are leaving? I do agree with Valley Talk about Keene possibly staying. And, if so, this could be a big reason why Weber left. Remember, they did have an altercation at practice that resulted with Keene breaking Weber's nose. With that said, it would not be a surprise if Keene were to leave.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 07:06:24 AM »
Information below the sidewalks of 5th Avenue. Keene is not leaving. Weber way to immature to handle himself away from home....and it is spring time and love is in the air.  Time to go home for him. Wishing him well.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 07:16:07 PM »
Beamon never saw the court as a rs frosh.  Not devastating.   Wouldn't clump this in the Ryan Weber category.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2014, 07:43:31 PM »
Was he not a friend of Webber?  Seems to me I remember that.
Could that be the reason he is leaving?

If IP were still here, we would know.  Think when we lost IP we lost
The main wheel off our wagon.  But then we still have that retired Coach.
Ahem!

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 10:07:53 PM »
In football, you need a solid 44 players (2 deep) out of (85 scholarships).

In basketball, you need 2-3 really good players.

Why is finding and coaching these  creatures so difficult?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2014, 11:03:31 PM »
Was he not a friend of Webber?  Seems to me I remember that.
Could that be the reason he is leaving?

If IP were still here, we would know.  Think when we lost IP we lost
The main wheel off our wagon.  But then we still have that retired Coach.
Ahem!

They were teammates so im sure they were friends lol... But that's not the reason he left.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2014, 10:15:48 AM »
Pizza, I disagree about only needing 2-3 really good players to win in basketball at the D1 level. Especially in a conference as good as the HL.

YSU had one of the best players in school history, and arguably the best player in the HL this year in Kendrick Perry. They also had 2 really good players, especially offensively, in Weber and Hain. And, when on his game, one could argue that Belin was in the really good category. YET, YSU finished 15-17/6-10.

In Slocum's 2nd season, YSU had 2 really good guards in Quin Humphrey and Keston Roberts. They were as good a  guard tandem as YSU has had in the D1 era. "Q" went on to play in the NBDL, and Keston also played professionally for a brief period. Yet, this team finished 14-17/7-9.

Most of the teams Slocum has had at YSU have had 2-3 really good players. Most of the teams YSU has had during the D1 era have had at least 2 really good players. The problem most of the team has been lack of depth, and a big drop off in talent after those 2-3 really good players.

To win at this level, it takes 2-3 really good players, and then 5-6 quality players to compliment the 2-3 really good players. This is NOT high school basketball.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
To win at this level, it takes a solid head coach! Which ysu does not have....