Author Topic: Ryan Weber Transferring  (Read 53771 times)

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Weber Transferring
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 05:46:48 PM »

I meant (and did not take the time to look up) did they come from the same place, dumb as I may be, I did know they were teammates.  Your constant ATTITUDE is so frustrating to try to conduct conversation that is enjoyable.  However, you say, "not the reason he left".  Do you want to post the reason?  Good grief we are all pulling for YSU.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 06:00:16 PM »
Yes I am with Pita here 0505. We ALL know your opinion on Slocum; so it biases us when we read your posts. You ruin the flow of a thread.

As to the number of players, I am with Lets_talk. I would take some depth, even if it is slightly less talent any day. Our lack of depth has always hurt us until recently.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 09:44:32 AM »
Weber has a visit planned with Ball State on Friday. Also going to Miami of Ohio and has been in contact with Purdue, Butler, Northwestern and Xavier.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »
Interesting quotes:
"Right now I'm gathering information and trying to get a list of four or five schools at the most that I'll reasonably be able to go and see," said Weber, a 42 percent 3-point shooter (68-for-163) this season. "One of the biggest factors for me in the next school will be from an overall basketball standpoint, where it's ultra-competitive and you'll be pushed to the limit. Also a place where the coaching staff has instilled a positive culture and where other people want to be."

"Basketball got a lot better my sophomore year," he said. "But I wasn't really happy in Youngstown. I was far enough away that I never really got to come home. But I don't have any regrets. I can't complain about anything from the coaches there. They gave me more opportunities than I expected. I made a lot of strides developmentally from my freshman to sophomore year."

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
Interesting quotes: "One of the biggest factors for me in the next school will be from an overall basketball standpoint, where it's ultra-competitive and you'll be pushed to the limit. Also a place where the coaching staff has instilled a positive culture and where other people want to be."

Hummm interesting comment
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2014, 12:21:17 AM »
A knock on Jerry, HA.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 11:02:14 AM »
A knock on Jerry, HA.

Interesting quotes:
"I can't complain about anything from the coaches there. They gave me more opportunities than I expected. I made a lot of strides developmentally from my freshman to sophomore year."

A compliment to Jerry, HA.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »
A knock on Jerry, HA.

Interesting quotes:
"I can't complain about anything from the coaches there. They gave me more opportunities than I expected. I made a lot of strides developmentally from my freshman to sophomore year."

A compliment to Jerry, HA.

I noticed that also, seems to be covering both sides of the fence.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:51:49 PM by IAA Fan »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
Weber is down to Ball St, Western Michigan and Purdue. He's visiting Purdue today.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »
Weber is down to Ball St, Western Michigan and Purdue. He's visiting Purdue today.
Once again, I don't know who told you Keene is leaving. His tweets and twitter avatar tell a different story:
"@Marcuskeene10: I had a disappointing freshman year all the way around , nobody to blame but myself . grinding harder and harder every day to reach my goal!"

"@Marcuskeene10: Sophomore Year Gonna Be Hard , Just Wait On It , We Got sh** To Prove!"

If he does stay, I hope he has his head on straight. Slocum and Marcus went head to head on the bench numerous times last year. If he becomes more coachable, he can have a great career.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2014, 10:14:39 PM »
IAA,  Excuse my ignorance but what does it mean"to get everything together.   My understanding is that Webber is out of here.   Is Keene still in the program ?

From all accounts, both of them are gone.
As I've been saying, I never believed your statements of Keene leaving to be true.

Let there be no doubt:

ValleyTalk

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »
I wouldn't be too sure that Keene is gone. I have yet to hear any indication he is gone. Heard some more on the Weber thing this evening and at least what I was told had more to do with him wanting to be closer to family/friends. At end of day, won't change the fact it's a major loss.
He is off to Ball State, which is closer to his home and girlfriend, who attends Ball State. Not a big surprise. Heard this was high on his list a few days after his announcement to leave.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2014, 08:12:18 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ryweb33/status/427169781356040192

I don't know either......but the YSU athletic department seems to embrace it.

Funny how he says he won't accept being mediocre, yet he goes to a school that won 5 games. Seems like YSU aren't the ones accepting it, and losing Webber is addition by subtraction. He's not a kid who wants to win. Get him out.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »
Looks like Ball St. had a new coach for that 5 win season. He was the Assoc. Head Coach for Arizona, longtime asst. to Sean Miller. Bet Ball St. had to pony up for that. I also think his comment said he didn't like people who "settle(d)" for mediocrity or average, never mentioning "accept".  I would call 9-10 years "settling". Or you might call that "accepting". As for the girlfriend thing? I can't substantiate that, and I try not to comment on those things I have no personal knowledge of.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2014, 05:27:42 PM »
By the middle of the season, Weber was the second best player on this years team. The broken nose set him back late in the season.

Ryan finished the season 2nd on the team in points per game at 12+. He shot 86% at the foul line(55-64). Best on the team for players that took more than 1 FT for the season. He had 128 rebounds. KP had 132. Weber shot just over 41% on 3pt shots (122-281), best on the team.

In HL games, Weber averaged 13.8ppg(2nd on the team)..... shot 45% on 3 pt shots(38-84), best on the team...shot 86% on FT's(25-29)..averaged 4.2 rebounds, 2nd among the guards to KP(4.6)

I have no idea how anyone that understands basketball, and watched Ryan play the last 2 seasons can say this is addition by subtraction.

Weber and Hain would have formed a very formidable 1-2 punch for YSU on offense over the next 2 seasons. I wish him nothing but the best at Ball State, and BSU got themselves a very nice player in Weber.  ???