Author Topic: Ryan Weber Transferring  (Read 53759 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Ryan Weber Transferring
« on: March 31, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
Indy Star reporting Ryan Weber has been granted his release from scholarship and will be transferring from YSU. Another loss for Jerry.... Can't blame the kid though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:29:22 PM by ysufan0505 »

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Weber Transferring
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:18:10 PM »
This team and program is unreal.... Something is very wrong!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 04:12:06 PM »
If this is true then it's a major blow.  Slocum better have a plan b.  Ryan's improvement was big over the season and he had or has potential to be one of the top scorers in the Horizon.   If Keene is gone and now Webber I can only wonder if this program can ever have some good news ?

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
Maybe more to come.   Slocum needs to go.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »
The culture and acceptance of mediocrity needs to go.  The lassitude and sluggishness comes from higher than Jerry, and maybe even higher than "good enough" Strollo.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 05:45:44 PM »
Weber sees what's going on. Don't blame em. He's a solid player, will have success elsewhere.

kforbs126

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 07:21:10 PM »
Slocum will never go.  They seem to be okay with his average ways.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »
If you truly know something share it, if it is just speculation, who cares, give it up.
Can't truly blame Webber for seeking better opportunity, but can't fully blame Coach Slocum, nor Ron Strollo, as they do not pull the purse strings to draw choice players.  Will more leave the squad as you predict?  I have no idea.  If you know, share your info.  Geez how I wish IP still posted, I'm beginning to feel his pain (that is, his reason for no longer posting here).  At least he posted facts...

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 09:21:08 PM »
Well that really sucks! I enjoyed watching him play. Would love to know why, but doubt we will ever hear.

I sure hope he does not go to a rival, like that bum did 20-30 years ago. Can't recall his name, started with a Z I believe. Ended up as a zit I think

I am not a hater or lover of Slocum but sometimes in life you need to make a change for changes sake. He is a decent coach but the program is stagnant and needs a fresh face.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »
My opinion , he was the second best player on  the team and had a bright future. I expect there were more issues here than meet the eye.  I see a third  rate athletic dept. and a basketball program still in trouble, looking at a bleak year next season.

JMHO.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
Devastating loss. Would guess the tension between him and Keene may have played a role. Sad to see him go. He was an outstanding player.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »
Well that really sucks! I enjoyed watching him play. Would love to know why, but doubt we will ever hear.

I sure hope he does not go to a rival, like that bum did 20-30 years ago. Can't recall his name, started with a Z I believe. Ended up as a zit I think

I am not a hater or lover of Slocum but sometimes in life you need to make a change for changes sake. He is a decent coach but the program is stagnant and needs a fresh face.
I believe it was Dave Ziegler who transferred to Kent State. He and Weber have similar look, height and shooting style.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 11:05:40 PM »
From WFMJ.com:

http://www.wfmj.com/story/25119305/ryan-weber-leaving-the-ysu-mens-basketball-program

"YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - The Youngstown State men's basketball team lost its two top scorers to graduation; Kendrick Perry and Kamren Belin.

Now, make if there top three scorers. Ryan Weber, who was the Penguins second leading scorer averaging 12 points is leaving after two seasons.

The Indianapolis star reports that Weber was granted a release from YSU and is seeking to transfer.

Weber was also the team's leader in three point shooting.

No one within the YSU men's basketball program was available for comment."
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 08:01:41 AM »
From WFMJ.com:

http://www.wfmj.com/story/25119305/ryan-weber-leaving-the-ysu-mens-basketball-program

"YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - The Youngstown State men's basketball team lost its two top scorers to graduation; Kendrick Perry and Kamren Belin.

Now, make if there top three scorers. Ryan Weber, who was the Penguins second leading scorer averaging 12 points is leaving after two seasons.

The Indianapolis star reports that Weber was granted a release from YSU and is seeking to transfer.

Weber was also the team's leader in three point shooting.

No one within the YSU men's basketball program was available for comment."

No one was available for comment. HA.... Team might not win 10 games next year!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 10:43:49 AM »
We finished tied for next to last in the conference with the best player in at least four decades.  Now this happens.  I had not called for Slocum's removal, fearing that his successor would replace mediocrity with atrocity.  Well, things can't get more atrocious than this.  Just how do you sell tickets with this nonsense?  I think that guinpen summed up the situation nicely in his post.