Author Topic: Signing Day 2020  (Read 43730 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Signing Day 2020
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2020, 10:06:39 AM »
Bump for today!

Chief? Any word on the kids from Dec staying? Stud QB?

Thanks!  :angel:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:05:42 AM by ysubigred »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2020, 02:20:32 PM »
Word is Demeatric has signed. Nothing official yet.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2020, 02:31:16 PM »
Word is Demeatric has signed. Nothing official yet.

That's good for the offense. What about Waid? Not a fan of revolving QB's but these two would be special "IF" they're willing.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2020, 02:41:33 PM »
Bigred,

The kids that we signed in December are contractually bound to YSU for next season, unless we were to release them.  Of course, they could just sit out a year and then go wherever they wanted.  Hopefully, they will be receptive to the new coach.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2020, 02:48:35 PM »
Bigred,

The kids that we signed in December are contractually bound to YSU for next season, unless we were to release them.  Of course, they could just sit out a year and then go wherever they wanted.  Hopefully, they will be receptive to the new coach.

Thanks Wick, I was thinking that, but somewhere I thought I heard a HC change can release them without penalty?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2020, 04:55:15 PM »
Crenshaw has signed.  It was posted on the YSU Football Twitter account.  We can all relax a little now.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »
Crenshaw has signed.  It was posted on the YSU Football Twitter account.  We can all relax a little now.

Yep it's official. Should be interesting how the QB room will play out.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »
Bigred,

Thanks Wick, I was thinking that, but somewhere I thought I heard a HC change can release them without penalty?

This is from national letter.org which has a ton of info about what a letter of intent means.

This was a FAQ about if a letter of intent is valid if your coach leaves

Yes. The NLI you signed with an institution remains binding if the coach who recruited you leaves the institution with which you signed. When you sign an NLI, you sign with an institution and not with a coach or a specific team.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 09:02:35 AM »
Bigred,

This is from national letter.org which has a ton of info about what a letter of intent means.

This was a FAQ about if a letter of intent is valid if your coach leaves

Yes. The NLI you signed with an institution remains binding if the coach who recruited you leaves the institution with which you signed. When you sign an NLI, you sign with an institution and not with a coach or a specific team.

Great thanks.

Soooo, am I to assume the YSU football program signed all it LOI's in DEC since I can't find any announcements for 5 Feb 20?!  :-\

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 11:09:18 AM »
Bigred,

Only Crenshaw.  But he may or may not turn out to be a mighty big "only."

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »
Back in the early signing Bo said he expected to sign 4 more players on the second signing..he said several players were going to leave in the spring he would not elaborate beyond that
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 04:18:38 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 04:16:55 PM »

Very interesting Chief..Great get by the Guins was a little worried when Bo left that he might back out of his verbal but luck was on our side all the teams that offered him had signed their quarterbacks by then. Its anyone's guess on how this might play out, could always line him up at the tailback position with Waid on occasion if he's not at quarterback That would give the defenses something to think about. Bottom line is your going to have to keep this kid happy because I think he expects to play right away would hate to see him transfer out to FBS after a year

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 04:21:30 PM »

Very interesting Chief..Great get by the Guins was a little worried when Bo left that he might back out of his verbal but luck was on our side all the teams that offered him had signed their quarterbacks by then. Its anyone's guess on how this might play out, could always line him up at the tailback position with Waid on occasion if he's not at quarterback That would give the defenses something to think about. Bottom line is your going to have to keep this kid happy because I think he expects to play right away would hate to see him transfer out to FBS after a year
Hopefully, we have Waid for 4 more years OR Crenshaw for 4 more years, but I don't see us having both for 4 years.  Does anybody else see if differently?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2020, 04:29:08 PM »
I agree, doubt we would have both for 4 years, but crazier things have happened Go.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2020, 04:33:00 PM »
Go..the only way I could see us keeping both is if Crenshaw was turned into a full time tailback. He could be the most dominant force at that position the Missouri conference has ever seen. But at the same token he is one hell of a passer..just a pure baller