Author Topic: Fire Pelini  (Read 82671 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Pelini
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »
  I listened to the radio show with Hannon and Pelini last night.  Pelini is delusional, he talked about all the great young talent, and that this team will contend for a league title next year.   Pelini said big changes are coming, and Hannon asked him to be more specific.  Pelini said he can't right now, only that big changes are coming.

Its all BS, I would be stunned if he makes any changes in staff or anything major, we will see.  He said that wide receiver CJ Charleston will be a super star, he did look good vs Indiana State.  Pelini also said after the first four games that DeMarko Craig(defensive tackle) would be an All American, and he didn't even make the trip to Indiana State and Craig overwhelmed in conference play.

I seriously think Pelini has lost it and isn't seeing how bad it is.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2019, 10:42:43 AM »
With the contract situation, I woould say that we don't have a choice but to let it play out.  I hope the big changes he is referring to are changes to the asstiant coaching staff.  Keep Carl and the rest, well.......
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:46:13 PM by penguinpower »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2019, 11:27:54 AM »
Based upon what I have heard from a person that is close to the program, I now expect significant changes to the assistant coaching staff.  I don't have permission to reveal this source, but he is reliable.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2019, 11:46:26 AM »
As Bo would say it's just a comedy of errors. This roster is made up of mostly D-2 talent and lower level FCS recruits and a few D-1 transfers that are not working out like they hoped. If he thinks he can win with that in the Missouri next year he might want to think again. Remember this is a coach who told Joey Burrow(LSU) He wasn't good enough to play at Nebraska and was better suited for the MAC level.The hand writing was on the wall when the class of 2015 offered by Wolford the previous year decided to go elsewhere. With the state this program is in, what quality recruits in their right mind would want to come here? Bo should do the right thing and part ways with YSU
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:36:09 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2019, 04:05:11 PM »
As Bo would say it's just a comedy of errors. This roster is made up of mostly D-2 talent and lower level FCS recruits and a few D-1 transfers that are not working out like they hoped. If he thinks he can win with that in the Missouri next year he might want to think again. Remember this is a coach who told Joey Burrow(LSU) He wasn't good enough to play at Nebraska and was better suited for the MAC level.The hand writing was on the wall when the class of 2015 offered by Wolford the previous year decided to go elsewhere. With the state this program is in, what quality recruits in their right mind would want to come here? Bo should do the right thing and part ways with YSU

Joe Burrow was awarded the Ohio Mr. Football Award and Ohio Gatorade Player of the Year Award as a senior. He was also a standout basketball player, and was named first-team all-state at point guard his senior year. Burrow was rated as a four-star football recruit, and was the eighth-highest ranked dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2015 according to the 247Sports Composite.He committed to Ohio State to play football on May 27, 2014. The only connection to Nebraska was his dad played there who was in 2014 the D coordinator for Ohio University. looks like your information about Bo not offering him is hearsay!?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »
I got the survey #34. It seems like more of a game-day atmosphere survey; but I did mention a few things that I would like to see. The one thing that I forgot is that I would like them to make the video board back to more of a scoreboard with video. I wish to see time, TOL, etc.i It is like we only have the new smaller scoreboard now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 04:17:55 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2019, 04:37:23 PM »
I got the survey #34. It seems like more of a game-day atmosphere survey; but I did mention a few things that I would like to see. The one thing that I forgot is that I would like them to make the video board back to more of a scoreboard with video. I wish to see time, TOL, etc.i It is like we only have the new smaller scoreboard now.

My survey would ask why we are adding Lacrosse, Swimming, bowling, etc. and take on all of the those coaching, recruiting, and travel expenses when the onl sport that matters has a litany of coaches that are underpaid by today's standards and is not helping the only sport that matters to win.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2019, 06:32:18 PM »
I've heard some new assistant coaches will be coming. Bo is staying.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2019, 06:49:14 PM »

To me it was strange, maybe because I’m so frustrated with the program.  Since we have never been sent a survey in the past.  Was this a legitimate honest survey?  Ok, I’ll buy that as I think they SHOULD ask us our thoughts.  Nothing wrong with trying to make the game day experience positive/better. Btw-our biggest gripe in sec 4 row 13 is that the PA system is worse than the football team, as if that’s even possible. Also, the radio feed they have in the concessions is equally piss poor. Anyway, couldn’t help but to also wonder, did they mask an a opportunity for fans to blast Pelini, Strollo and whoever else by creating it to look simply as a “game day experience survey.”   Idk...maybe it’s just my own delusional conspiracy.  Either way, PLENTY OF THINGS NEED IMPROVED ON.  Judging by pelini’s presser today, he is either spouting more general BS or he had an actual, real life, honest, productive come to Jesus with himself.  Can’t wait to see what all these changes are going to be next year.  Except, we are still undecided on renewing our tickets.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2019, 09:08:17 PM »
I hope they surprise me but I don't see us being able to afford any coordinators that are going to "wow" us with their resumes.

That being said I will welcome the changes and the attempt to improve because staying with the status quo with the current staff would be throwing next year away before it even begins.

I'm going to guess (hope) Carl returns to D coordinator\assistant head coach and maybe we change a few other position coaches also.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2019, 10:05:21 PM »
They can't afford to buy out Bo, but hopefully they lean on him to make some changes to the staff.  Need to put Carl back to DC and fire at least two of these three, D'Alesio, Baker and Gomes.  Too bad they had to get rid of McNutt.  Secondary was definitely better under him

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2019, 11:18:21 AM »
https://www.vindy.com/sports/ysu-sports/2019/11/changes-on-the-horizon-for-penguins/

Questions arise...it took him this long to figure out he needs to change his coaching philosophy to today's athletes?  Is this a kink in his armor?  Was there a meeting with admin that precipitated this?  Will he be more transparent with fans, media, administration? 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »
https://www.vindy.com/sports/ysu-sports/2019/11/changes-on-the-horizon-for-penguins/

Questions arise...it took him this long to figure out he needs to change his coaching philosophy to today's athletes?  Is this a kink in his armor?  Was there a meeting with admin that precipitated this?  Will he be more transparent with fans, media, administration?
he needs to say, "change coaching philosophy for today's athletes", but it doesn't mean he is going to change, even a little bit.  He wen't with new young coordinators and who doesn't think that's a full blown disaster?
meeting with admin? NOT that anyone will ever admit, that's for sure
transparent with fans NO, media NO NO and administration NO NO NO!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2019, 08:36:17 PM »
Bo may very well understand the game, but it does not seem that he is a players coach. Maybe he can change this, I guess that he has three years to prove it.

Big difference between Nebraska and YSU is obviously the budget, can't afford to hire folks to cover some of his weaknesses, whether it be player relationships or X's and o's.

Any idea how his salary compares to other hc's in the league? What about assistants?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2019, 09:21:57 PM »
Bo may very well understand the game, but it does not seem that he is a players coach. Maybe he can change this, I guess that he has three years to prove it.

Big difference between Nebraska and YSU is obviously the budget, can't afford to hire folks to cover some of his weaknesses, whether it be player relationships or X's and o's.

Any idea how his salary compares to other hc's in the league? What about assistants?

We are near the bottom if not the lowest paid.