Author Topic: Fire Pelini  (Read 83825 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Pelini
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2019, 08:42:02 AM »
Sad,,,Just sad what this has come to.  We got beaten by a second rate FCS program on a field akin to a small, rural D7 Ohio high school. I can’t see more than 1000 people showing up next week. Only parents, family, friends and diehards.  Good luck selling tickets and getting sponsors next season,,,this program has imploded.  So many to blame,,,just amazed it has come to this.

Nobody will be there - College Gameday is at Ohio State this coming Saturday for the PSU game at 12:00.  Fat chance on anyone being at the game and rightfully so as not many will want to support this coach.  I feel for the kids but they have been the taking the brunt of his BS for too long.  They deserve better. 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2019, 10:52:20 AM »
The university should offer free tickets(for walk-ups) and free beer for those in attendance
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:04:02 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2019, 10:33:47 AM »
Pete you may be reaching to think we will get 1000 fans.  You are correct, it is pathetic.   The blame starts at the top with Ron Strollo, he doesn't hold Pelini accountable.   Not sure why Pelini got a three year extension after a 4-7 season and loss to Butler.

But whats even worse, nothing will be done about this.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2019, 11:20:57 AM »
Anyone get the survey yet?  Any thoughts???  My brother actually gets the emails and buys our annual 16 season tickets with tailgate passes.  He says he has never been asked to answer a survey in the past.  So is this coincidental or are they looking for proof of some kind to make changes to the program even though they shouldn’t need fan feedback to tell them this program is incredibly bad.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2019, 11:56:12 AM »
Anyone get the survey yet?  Any thoughts???  My brother actually gets the emails and buys our annual 16 season tickets with tailgate passes.  He says he has never been asked to answer a survey in the past.  So is this coincidental or are they looking for proof of some kind to make changes to the program even though they shouldn’t need fan feedback to tell them this program is incredibly bad.

Not yet. You say it is an email?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2019, 12:13:22 PM »
Yes, the survey appeared in my email at 10:30 this morning.  I indeed find it odd that they are doing this before the final game.  Much of this survey consists of trivial stuff, but there is opportunity to blast them (if you are so inclined) on parking and any other aspect of the game-day experience that displeases you.  You can also check a box telling them that you will not renew your season tickets.  The only place your can express your unhappiness with the team itself comes in the final section of the survey.  I filled up that final box and I expect that many of you will do the same.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »
Strollo has indicated that he meets with coaches after every season.  I think you need to read between the lines based on the timing.  Where there is smoke there is fire. 

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2019, 01:51:28 PM »
Oh Please Ron and JT.  Fire Bo! Go get a hot shot D2 coach or pluck a Coordinator from one of the Dakota's.  Slippery Rock has had GREAT success the past few years with a new coach.  Go interview him.  Please

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2019, 02:23:01 PM »
If they have to do a survey to inform them things aren't going well, come on.   
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:45:08 PM by YSU1 »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Pete you may be reaching to think we will get 1000 fans.  You are correct, it is pathetic.   The blame starts at the top with Ron Strollo, he doesn't hold Pelini accountable.   Not sure why Pelini got a three year extension after a 4-7 season and loss to Butler.

But whats even worse, nothing will be done about this.

That wasn't me..I am saying nobody will be there..parents of seniors only and a few Michigan fans as they play at 3:30.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2019, 04:16:52 PM »
Strollo has indicated that he meets with coaches after every season.  I think you need to read between the lines based on the timing.  Where there is smoke there is fire.

Agreed.  I find it amazing that they just can't see what is going on and pull the trigger without fan input.  Making the season ticket holders the scapegoats?  A little gutless if you ask me.  That is if it used at the end of the season  as part of the reason he is let go??
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2019, 08:12:05 PM »
Do the players on the roster respect Bo Pelini as their coach?   Are they still buying in to what he's selling or has he lost this team ?   Does anyone have serious input on this with actual  knowledge without spouting irrational dislike ?   I have refrained from this thread but YSU football is WAY bigger than the head coach.

I'm far removed from YSU but I have heard  a few things from some in the area.  While I support the coach and the program but where there is smoke there is fire.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 08:13:56 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2019, 08:50:42 PM »
I'll do some digging but my thing is... Why after a tough loss or 2 does this team just completely fall apart? Acting like they don't care. Bo and some players talked all off season about how the culture has changed and they had some bad apples last year which contributed to that. Ok so what's the excuse now?

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2019, 09:43:29 PM »
I just thk the staff is a major issue.  Most are barely older then the players.  Who is gonna respect them? Especially this day and age with all the distractions. Its no secret millennials respect no one.  Not to mention they have no resume.  Its like hiring professors with zero experience.  Its a joke.  Just think about that for a minute. Its insane.  Then u have one of the coaches sons running around with an axe like he is the motivator.  Only at YSU would this be tolerated.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2019, 10:06:12 PM »
The team reflects the assistant coaches as much as anything. The units spend a ton of time with them. The HC has a lot of other things to do but is certainly involved, but cannot be everywhere at every minute.  The weaknesses with out assistants is a major issue.