Author Topic: 2017 Recruiting class  (Read 113653 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Recruiting class
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2017, 04:24:15 PM »
I thought we were getting Koontz from Boardman? I guess not. We really have no need for him, but he is solid.

He is committed to Toledo.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:28:46 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
Christian Turner, a 5-10, 190 RB from Cincinnati La Salle high school has committed to YSU. Highly productive back for the D2 state champs.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:32:50 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2017, 06:33:34 PM »
It's being reported by various media outlets that Chris Durkin will transfer to YSU..Looks to be true

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »
It's being reported by various media outlets that Chris Durkin will transfer to YSU..Looks to be true

Yep, heard the same. He is not on Virginia Tech's roster anymore.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 08:52:21 AM »
They have offered kicker Colten McFadden/Conners brother

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 10:05:08 AM »
Christian Turner, a 5-10, 190 RB from Cincinnati La Salle high school has committed to YSU. Highly productive back for the D2 state champs.
Kid can catch, which was big part of Jody's game and would have been seriously missing.  LaSalle is pretty high level competition, so should be ready.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 10:24:06 AM »
I thought we were getting Koontz from Boardman? I guess not. We really have no need for him, but he is solid.
You never have enough quality players, but without a doubt, TE is our deepest position.  If we are going to lose one we thought we had, TE would be the best position to lose.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »
Kid has a BIG leg.  Conner is accurate, but not very long. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2017, 10:44:56 AM »
"Highly productive" is an understatement.  Go to his twitter page. Kid seems to be absolutely THRILLED to be a Penquin!  Seems as if "Christian" may be more than just his name, and couldn't help but notice 2 involved parents.  I am always struck at parents day for seniors, the ones that make the  4-5 years seem to have stronge family structures.  Plus we already know he looks good in a red #21 jersey!
https://twitter.com/christianturn27?lang=en

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2017, 12:27:58 PM »
"Highly productive" is an understatement.  Go to his twitter page. Kid seems to be absolutely THRILLED to be a Penquin!  Seems as if "Christian" may be more than just his name, and couldn't help but notice 2 involved parents.  I am always struck at parents day for seniors, the ones that make the  4-5 years seem to have stronge family structures.  Plus we already know he looks good in a red #21 jersey!

I followed that Twitter link, and I am now a CT fan.  I love it when people are "all in" and dedicated and committed, and don't know the meaning of mediocrity.  He's damn proud to be a Penguin, and literally wears it on his sleeve.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 01:17:06 PM »

I followed that Twitter link, and I am now a CT fan.  I love it when people are "all in" and dedicated and committed, and don't know the meaning of mediocrity.  He's damn proud to be a Penguin, and literally wears it on his sleeve.
Hey Nation, I knew we'd fnd something we agree on!  Can't wait to meet this kid.  BTW, if you watch his HUDL videos, I believe he can play a little too!  He played at Cinn. LaSalle and that is pretty big time.  Not knocking local schools, but hard to assess somebody racking up a ton of yards against West Branch etc.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »
Update on Durkin: He is already enrolled in school here. I'm guessing he's getting the chance to be the starting TE.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 02:32:14 PM »

Hey Nation, I knew we'd fnd something we agree on!  Can't wait to meet this kid.  BTW, if you watch his HUDL videos, I believe he can play a little too!  He played at Cinn. LaSalle and that is pretty big time.  Not knocking local schools, but hard to assess somebody racking up a ton of yards against West Branch etc.

You can't teach passion.   ;)
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2017, 02:39:40 PM »
Update on Durkin: He is already enrolled in school here. I'm guessing he's getting the chance to be the starting TE.
Looks to me like the DE's will be the "go-no go" position on this team.  We have highly respected DE recruits, but as yet unproven.  The rest of the question marks have returning vets with some experience and some good prospects to fill in. 
I HATE to say this, but the issue next spring and fall looks like a repeat of davis vs wells vs hosick with a measure of mays thrown in for good measure!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2017, 03:01:51 PM »
Kid has a BIG leg.  Conner is accurate, but not very long.
Kicked a 55 yarder this year with plenty of room to spare