Author Topic: 2017 Recruiting class  (Read 114230 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Recruiting class
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2017, 09:46:41 AM »
I've felt under the weather the last couple of weeks, but all in all I was very pleased with this year's class. There's lots of local kids and that's what coach Bo and the staff wants. It would have been nice to get a tall receiver and a defensive tackle, but maybe the staff will at a later date. The last I heard it was a toss up for the 6"5 WR from Fullerton between UAB and us. On a side note I noticed NDS and SDSU recruited a ton of WR's and TE's with incredible size. The Bison took 2 Qb's this year ( one is a 6"5 kid from Florida ) and their class came from 12 different states.
"I've felt under the weather the last couple of weeks"  Was it a Fever?
(hope you are feeling better) Steven Pappadakes HUDL tape is as good as Derek River's was.  Hope he is about 1/2 as good for the 'Guins!  Would like to get a big Receiver, but I wonder if we don't play Durkin outside some, or at least a double TE set.  With Tevin and new power backs double TE set would be interesting especially with Durkin able to get downfield.  Could be very interesting.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2017, 08:04:29 PM »
Mooney's Darrell Jackson is no longer walking on at YSU. Signed with California University of PA. 

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »
Chief,

Thanks for keeping us posted.  You obviously have reliable inside information, and I appreciate the fact that you always pass it along.  Anderson and Hewlett are the two Mooney players that can actually help us, and I am really happy that we landed them.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2017, 08:12:01 AM »
Mooney's Darrell Jackson is no longer walking on at YSU. Signed with California University of PA.
Can't blame the kid for this move.  Probably starts for the Valcans, probably not for the Quins.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!