Author Topic: YSU vs WVU  (Read 87932 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs WVU
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »
I went to see if they have a non-subscription message board.  They do, and we are referred to as a cupcake here:

http://wemustignitethiscouch.com/

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2016, 09:45:00 AM »
Oh, and we need to show some class and stop with the hillbilly and teeth jokes.  We have great fans and it sends the wrong message. Our message will be sent on the field just as we sent it two years ago when we beat Pitt's a$$ and never trailed in that game.

Their Missouri win was nothing to be proud of.  Missouri isn't that good and teams in our league would likely take down Missouri this year.  They may ultimately win the game but we will give them fits.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:01:25 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 11:00:56 AM »
We'll see how much of a cupcake we are come Saturday afternoon.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2016, 03:53:31 PM »
Defensively W.V. starts 9 seniors and 2 Juniors. They lost alot on defense to graduation. They currently have a power ranking of #56 Nationally and finished the season last year around #30..I still consider them a lower 2 tier team in the Big 12. I think their starting QB definitely makes their offense go..They need him to play on Saturday

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2016, 04:47:41 PM »
YSU spotted 24.5 on 5dimes with an over/under of 52.5

Massey gives YSU a 6% chance of winning and predicts a score of 14-38.

IMO the over/under is about right, but YSU seems like a really really good bet if given 24.5.

Just a thought about MVFC versus the P5.  NDSU has five straight FBS wins (four of which are P5).  NDSU has a two game win streak against the BIG and a three game win streak versus the Big 12.

UNI has defeated Iowa State 5 times since 1992 and three times since 2007.

SDSU defeated Kansas last year.

YSU defeated a P5 team in 2012.

So yeah....don't waste time prepping for a cupcake...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:54:29 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2016, 06:51:58 PM »
Both Minnesota and Northwestern better be ready because Indiana St. and Illinois St. will be. I'm most anxious to see what kind on game plan Shane Montgomery comes up with. After watching the Missouri game I think they will be tough to run on. This is a type of game where we need to get our TE's involved and throw down field
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 06:54:16 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2016, 07:58:36 PM »
Damn, that is a large spread  ??? :o
Alright my fellow penguin fans, this has to get  you fired up. I predict a competitive and close game, nothing like any of the WVU fans (or even that spread). YSU has alot of upset potential in my opinion. Dana Holgorsen doesn't respect FCS schools. See
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/dana-holgorsen-wants-fbs-teams-to-stop-scheduling-fcs-opponents-175749897.html

Also, on this board, some of the fans are weary about the game (most don't think we stand a chance though):

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Board/58/Contents/Youngstown-State-47233162

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2016, 08:07:16 PM »
Power, you are right, we should try to get along with their fans. They aren't that far away from us. Plus, fans from any school can be rowdy.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2016, 08:34:13 PM »
Yo, Holgorsen his staff and players are fully aware of the challenge that await them on Saturday. The fans not so much. Still it is never easy for a coaching staff to get their players up for playing a FCS opponent and the risk of losing and what it could do to a program is just not worth it

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2016, 09:01:42 PM »
I would love to see a win but we have too many questions that need to be answered.  Will our WR's play the game of there life.  We now this is not a strength right now.  Lots of unproven talent.  We need a good showing from our TE's.  Don't see an Adams there.  Davis  will have to hit 70% of his throws to give us a chance.  How will he react playing in front of 60k and he can't just tuck it and run every play.  Ruiz needs 20+ carries, Webb needs to fill Stubbs role.  The wild card is Monty will we go up tempo to neutralize their athletes.  Our punter has 2 career punts don't see that sneaking past WV.  Will we keep WV from scoring on special teams?  We tend to give one of those up in these type of games.  Missouri took the deep ball away and defenses against against Wv's screen game.  Wv countered with a short to intermediate adjustment which we have been not able to defend that stuff.  They had almost 200 yds from there Rb's.  If we were a Tressel built tried and tested team . I saw we have a better shot..  Davis hasn't done enough for me to see us pulling out a surprise.  He is no Hess, zetts or even Ryan.  I hope he proves me wrong. Defense wins championships maybe our D will provide us the spark we need.  I just want us to get better.  Davis needs to get his reps and get better.  It's all about the conference and beating WV means Squanto if we don't do well in conference play.  The Pitt game was a wasted win after what happened the rest of season. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2016, 09:09:30 PM »
YSUGO, you're right, it is too early to say for sure what we have with the YSU team, but I am hopeful. I still like our chances. Maybe I'm crazy though  :o

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2016, 09:35:51 PM »
Yea I would like to steal one here.  Big time!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2016, 09:42:02 PM »
Missouri is no good.  We will give them a game.  Trust me.  If we run the QB we will cause all sorts of problems for them. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2016, 10:32:16 PM »
D-Line needs to be able to stop the run to have a chance. Shell is a good back and they have a big line.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »
Ill be tailgating in the gold lot on saturday. Anyone else get gold lot parking passes ?