Author Topic: YSU vs WVU  (Read 87926 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs WVU
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 09:36:18 PM »
Penquin, sorry I didn't answer sooner. I posted what sections the student section tickets were. I didn't buy the tickets, but if I recall how I found out the section was I went to the YSU ticket booth in person (inside stambaugh) and they told me what sections. However, I didn't like those locations of the stadium when I looked it up lol. I want to site at least on the 35, on either side of the 50 on the visitors side.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 04:15:24 PM »
I know this was about tickets, but lets have this become the game discussion thread! 8 days away  fb
Thoughts everyone? I know we haven't even seen the 'eers play yet, and will know more tomorrow.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 06:58:05 AM »
Going down with a mixed group of YSU and WVU fans.  Tailgating around 10:30.  It'll be a fun environment in Morgantown... yes their fans are crazy and often rude but, it'll feel much different than YSU plaYing at Pitt.  go guins

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 07:36:52 AM »
I'm sure you will have a good time Robmat2571! And Go Guins  fb 8)
As an aside, one of my good friends is a big WVU fan.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »
WVU impressed me on defense today vs Mizzou.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 12:01:24 AM »
I'm sure you will have a good time Robmat2571! And Go Guins  fb 8)
As an aside, one of my good friends is a big WVU fan.
Just the opposite, I told one of of my good friends who used to play Defense End for Missouri that we will take down WVU for him next week.

After graduating from YSU, my son was in U of Pitt studying for his Masters degree in engineering when YSU took down Pitt. Some of his Pitt classmates who went to WVU for their undergraduate degrees (they hated Pitt football) asked my son to buy YSU T-shirts for them to wear while going to their classes in Pitt. It was wild.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 08:08:07 AM »
You know, I hope they will sleep on us now that they beat Missouri. They shouldn't though, our conference did well against the Big 12. UNI beat Iowa State, and SDSU gave TCU a game. Thank goodness in previous comments Dana didn't even think FCS teams belonged on the same field as an FBS school (from previous comments)  ::)

He doesn't keep his team very disciplined (judging by off season issues, namely WVU having ALOT more DUIs per year for football players under Dana), and here's thinking that he overlooks us despite MVFC showing against Big 12 just because of his opinion towards FCS.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 08:52:10 AM »
WVU impressed me on defense today vs Mizzou.
I agree chief..and Yo it's not the first time UNI has pulled something like this off. Iowa St. is much improved this year and I honestly didn't see this coming. UNI lead the nation last year with 80 yards allowed on the ground and return just about everyone..they will be hard to beat this year

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 09:15:41 PM »
WVU's starting LT tore his ACL in the opener. Done for the year.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 08:28:19 AM »
You know,  I'm really thinking that we can keep it a low scoring game with our defense and WVU's offense not performing where it could be yet.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 08:47:19 AM »
Gets better, Howard their starting QB is injured... may NOT play Saturday. Was injured in the first game with an injury to his ribs:
http://www.todaysu.com/big-12/west-virginia-mountaineers/wvu-should-take-it-easy-with-skyler-howard-in-week-2/

Also, it's interesting to see this from the article: "QBs not named Skyler Howard: 3 plays, 2 turnovers (1 fumble, 1 INT)"

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 09:04:36 AM »
I want their QB to play. It will give us a better gage of where we are and no excuses when we play them to the wire.  Many of their fans and fans that follow only FBS teams do not realize how good the FCS is, especially teams from the Missouri Valley Football Conference.  Lets compare our conference and theirs:  UNI knocked off Iowa State and South Dakota State took TCU to the wire.  We are very close to being 2-0 in vs Big 12 competition.   We are in the top tier of the Missouri Valley and I expect to win at least one of those two games against northern Iowa and SDSU.   They have no way to calibrate us and will be surprised by the speed, size, depth and skill we have.  We are not a team to overlook
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:06:32 AM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2016, 09:11:21 AM »
I also watched Dana's press conference and he mentions that Missouri had a 1st round defensive lineman they had to deal with.  Message for Dana,  we also have a first round defensive lineman  you will have to deal with.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:11:17 AM by penguinpower »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »
Yeah... and they are all like, Missouri's defense was soooo good! lol. Yeah I know we can be competitive with them even with their QB. Their offense isn't that great this year (at least it didnt' look good). I think the entire SEC is down this year (except for Bama), so beating Missouri doesn't mean much. I admit, it is better to have us win with their QB, but many of their fans think they will win 46-10 WITHOUT him lol. People don't pay attention to the FCS and people just don't realize that their is alot of parity between upper FCS and FBS. Upper FCS is much more equivalent to G5 and just doesn't get the appropriate respect.

With Dana's previous comments to the press, I totally believe he and his team will overlook YSU and be looking towards BYU

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2016, 09:17:26 AM »
My guess is that 90% of WVU fans think we are a cupcake, and about 40% of the WVU message board fans will be aware that we are a threat and 20% of thise will know that under the right conditions we can upset them at their place.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:24:44 AM by penguinpower »