Author Topic: YSU vs WVU  (Read 87913 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU vs WVU
« on: April 21, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »
Does anyone else plan on going to this? I'm going to be going with 5 other people (for a total of 6). I've been dismayed with how high ticket prices for this game are already? I got 6 tickets to the Pitt YSU game in good seats on the vistors side for almost what the price of 1 ticket is going for at WVU in similar seating.  :o

Not sure if I should wait a while before purchasing tickets either this time?

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs WVU
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 05:44:12 PM »
I would definitely wait then hit up stub hub end of summer. Prices for Pitt dropped daily in the weeks heading up to the game. I can't imagine their season ticket packages have been sold let alone delivered. There will be some coming.

I have heard from multiple sources that there fans are terrible. On par with Philly Flyers so expect taunts best case.

I'd think carefully before taking a kid.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »
WVU fans are definitely rowdy. I am thinking about going... Gonna wait a couple more months.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:08:55 PM »
Oh, I'm aware of their fans. I'm going with 4 penguin fans, and one WVU fan. We are all in age ranges from 21-26. It just so happens that I went with the WVU fan to see them play Kansas State a few years ago in 2012 when WVU lost 55-14. I was expecting it to be a closer game. Anyway, we were sitting next to a 45 year old kansas state fan. Was the only one in the area. I was backing him up in some cases. The nasty things people were saying by him, especially with their team losing so bad. They were just the worst fans I've ever witnessed, and I stay in our student section and hear what we say to the other team.

Definitely recommend traveling in groups and avoiding conflict. On our walk to the stadium, because we parked considerably far away, we saw many crazy parties, some fights, and couches and cars being burned (and this was BEFORE they the game even started, not after they lost 55-14).

Their season tickets have gone on sale. For the record, while the price of Pitt tickets dropped before the game, the tickets I bought last april were still $2 cheaper (I know because I ended up getting tickets right next to the large group of six last year late when more friends I knew wanted to come). But I am going to wait, because if they lose 1 of their first 2 games, I'm sure the price would drop. Its ridiculous how much their tickets are going for right now.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:50:35 PM »
We have quite a crowd going. I am gong to wait. I expect to see sub-$15 tickets by July. WVU fans are fans

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 10:23:57 PM »
Our son went to WVU and lives in Morgantown. Ive been to several WVU games....one of the great atmospheres in college football.  Definitely worth the trip. I found their fans rowdy but not obnoxious. They sell beer in the stadium.  Morgantown has some great spots for after the game including a couple of microbreweries.  Its kind of a larger version of Athens. One of the downsides in parking.  Either get there really early or park downtown and take the PRT system to the stadium.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 08:59:14 AM »
Great tips and advise guys. 
Thanks
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 10:48:35 AM »
So... have you seen the tickets for the game our box office has to offer until sometime in July? Sections 100 and 101, designated YSU student section. Price for tickets is $60. Now I looked on stubhub and other places, and for those sections it will be possible to buy on the secondary market for cheaper, or at least it is right now. My thoughts were I wanted to sit somewhere a little nicer too, but prices are insane! I'm flabbergasted by how high ticket prices are for WVU. Its not like the on field product has been stellar as of late either.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 08:05:46 AM »
they are at $34 now (I use seatguru.com). I have the alert turned on for $16 or less. I know the university gets a piece of the action, but we will bring around 8-10 people. $60 each is out of our price range.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:22:55 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 12:34:14 PM »
Currently $28 on Stubhub.  They had 7000 unsold tickets for last year's Liberty game, so they might run some sort of promotion in late August.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 12:14:22 PM »
Down to $25.00.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 12:30:21 PM »
They continue to drop.  Should be in the teens later this week.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »
http://www.smokingmusket.com/2016/7/21/12181798/wvu-football-summer-preview-game-2-youngstown-state-penguins-ysu-west-virginia-mountaineers-football

One glaring sentence:

"The defensive strategy should not be too complicated: stack the box against Davis and drop into coverage for Wells."

Davis said on the radio that he could hear the defense say, "they're going to run!", when Davis was put in, and sure enough.....  It was insanely moronic to not let him pass.

I hope the OC is a year wiser in 2016.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 10:12:47 AM »
http://www.smokingmusket.com/2016/7/21/12181798/wvu-football-summer-preview-game-2-youngstown-state-penguins-ysu-west-virginia-mountaineers-football

One glaring sentence:

"The defensive strategy should not be too complicated: stack the box against Davis and drop into coverage for Wells."

Davis said on the radio that he could hear the defense say, "they're going to run!", when Davis was put in, and sure enough.....  It was insanely moronic to not let him pass.

I hope the OC is a year wiser in 2016.

Ah yes, the OC.....

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »
I see that sections 100 and 101 are designated YSU sections.  Anyone get tickets through YSU to confirm the section and location so that one can be sure of the ticket choice on Stub Hub?  Any further update on prices?