Author Topic: Bo  (Read 32635 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Bo
« on: November 16, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »
I'm still laughing ............................ I told all when Bo was hired that this would be a comedy. Game on the  line and Bo throws  one of his famous tantrums getting multiple penalties. You ain't seen nothing yet !  ;D

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bo
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »
Paladin was right, it turned into a circus.  I am not surprised though that is who Bo is typical Youngstown hot head.  It will continue to cost us games and I don't see it changing.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:25:44 PM »
I can't wait to listen to Penguin Playbook radio show tonight. I think Bo should apologize to his team and to the public on the broadcast, but more then likely that will never happen. Strollo knew full well of the risks involved when he hired Bo

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
BTW, the playoffs are gone for this year. But even bigger, YSU is staring   a losing season in the face this week-end if they lose. Will Bo have them ready ? Or is there another Bo tantrum on the  horizon ?  8)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 02:47:53 PM »
There were times I wanted to leave the stands, and go onto the sidelines and check Heacock's pulse.  He was a sweet teddy bear, and how did that work out?

I've never seen BP yell at players, other coaches, fans, vendors, students.  Nope.  Just officials...and only when they made bad calls.  If he was a raving, out of control lunatic, then how could he so effectively direct his anger? (yes, I've heard the NE stories).

I sat behind a home bench at a WBB game when Bolden was HC, and that dude went off on his players, but not to anyone else.  Is that better? 

Much of this is being pumped up by those who hate YSU anyway, and anyone who has accomplished anything in life has pissed people off and made enemies.  This is a nonstory.

The government has devalued the currency through qualitative easing, and thereby ripping everybody off who is reading this.  Yet, we focus on some FB coach yelling.  FUBAR.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Fromunda Cheese

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 03:13:20 PM »
There were times I wanted to leave the stands, and go onto the sidelines and check Heacock's pulse.  He was a sweet teddy bear, and how did that work out?

I've never seen BP yell at players, other coaches, fans, vendors, students.  Nope.  Just officials...and only when they made bad calls.  If he was a raving, out of control lunatic, then how could he so effectively direct his anger? (yes, I've heard the NE stories).

I sat behind a home bench at a WBB game when Bolden was HC, and that dude went off on his players, but not to anyone else.  Is that better? 

Much of this is being pumped up by those who hate YSU anyway, and anyone who has accomplished anything in life has pissed people off and made enemies.  This is a nonstory.

The government has devalued the currency through qualitative easing, and thereby ripping everybody off who is reading this.  Yet, we focus on some FB coach yelling.  FUBAR.

I believed the same thing for 6 1/2 years before the hard truth about what Pelini's personality was doing to the team smacked me upside the head.

You go on believing that, hopefully it doesn't take you 6 1/2 years to realize your coach will cut off his nose to spite his face over and over and over and over.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 03:18:37 PM »

I believed the same thing for 6 1/2 years before the hard truth about what Pelini's personality was doing to the team smacked me upside the head.

You go on believing that, hopefully it doesn't take you 6 1/2 years to realize your coach will cut off his nose to spite his face over and over and over and over.

Why do you care?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Bisonbacker

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bisonsports.net
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 03:26:26 PM »

Why do you care?

I commented as a fan of the MVFC.  I already said he's a good coach but his people skills suck.  If you like having that kind of person yelling at referees saying "You F*&KING Coward" represent your school knock yoruself out.  Kind of screams hypocrite when all we tell these young men about how they have to act and stay out of trouble to be on college football teams yet you allow a head coach to act like that. 

If you don't care then you are either an idiot, a hypocrite or both.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »

Why do you care?

I commented as a fan of the MVFC.  I already said he's a good coach but his people skills suck.  If you like having that kind of person yelling at referees saying "You F*&KING Coward" represent your school knock yoruself out.  Kind of screams hypocrite when all we tell these young men about how they have to act and stay out of trouble to be on college football teams yet you allow a head coach to act like that. 

If you don't care then you are either an idiot, a hypocrite or both.

Coaches yell.  This is way overblown.  It's interesting that you'd spend time disrespecting myself and our coach.  It's pathetic that you have the time to troll about this on a visitor's board.  Not much else to do in ma's basement?

Offline Bisonbacker

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bisonsports.net
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 03:50:29 PM »
Yeah the kind of amateur childish reply I'd expect of you.  Hope you enjoy your coach and all the fame he brings your favorite college. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 04:03:17 PM »
All things being equal, you would probably not take Bo; but things are NOT even close to equal. Just as I feel that Montgomery has no equal at this level, neither does Bo.

So Look. As along as he wants to stay, I am okay with it. Could have done without Carl ...but we all knew that he was coming as well ...when he appointed Stoops as DC. We will never see Bo's caliber of a coach any other way but to take the good with the bad and as long as Nebraka is willing to pay him ...I am happy. There are just too many upsides to look at it any other way. If you need an example, just look at Sadurday's recruiting day ...it was quite impressive and I heard that we had kids show that were way above expectations. Did any of you WPA guys you see all of those kids from the greater Allegheny area? It may be hard for many to believe, but we do have both Stoops brothers coaching here & that would be impressive for a Big-10 or Big-12 school.

Also, Nation, Pelini has made comments to players ...I sit very close & heard every word. The woman behind me yelled at Bo to remember that that is someone's son. It was very bad that one time & acceptable (to me anyway) the second time. The second time he isolated the player ...the first time it was toward a player sitting on a crowded bench ...then Bo backtracked and pretended that he was talking to the whole bench.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:41:19 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »
Ok honest question here.  I mean, please throw away everything we (ysu/ndsu fans) have been arguing about since saturday.  Why is there so much hatred for YSU from you guys and uni fans?  Was it something one of our fans said on ags years ago?  I really, honestly, genuinely dont get it.  I mean ok, next team we play we bash and talk trash and whatever.  But what is the purpose coming back to our board to post?  Ok so the PI call was legit. Is bisonville not the appropriate place to talk about us. Its our board for our fans to argue and debate.  So what is your obsession that brings you guys here?  Just like the whole fan thing.  Dear god let that die already.  Even our fans.  Stop posting on ags already about our fans.  IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!  Bison fans love the bison.  Our fans could care less less about ysu. Let it die. Whats next?  Why do you care so passionately about our coach and why we dont have fans etc.  Seriously, what gives?  Or do you do this with every team? 

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »

I've never seen BP yell at players, other coaches, fans, vendors, students.  Nope.  Just officials...

And I would say telling the Nebraska fans to "f--- off" would constitute yelling at them.  JMO
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:44:46 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 04:39:36 PM »
lol....that last pic.

The entire paragraph:

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:23 PM »
lol....that last pic.

The entire paragraph:

Not sure why they were all taken down, but this was the worst to a player....