Author Topic: Bo  (Read 32566 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Bo
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »
I told you this coaching gig was going to be a comedy.  But here is where it WON'T be funny -- the MVFC has already reprimanded Bo in his first season. He had a reputation in big time ball that carried over in officiating circles that may have had Nebraska hurt in some big games ( no, beating the bottom of the Big 10 doesn't count) when ranked teams played him. Now, you have him starting a new rep with FCS refs and it surely will come back to bite him. Lastly, I' m already  on record labeling his first recruit  class a stinker. Another and the losing seasons will start to pile up. Parents will not want their son playing for someone who berates his players as badly as Bo does. Disagree if you wish, but we will revisit this issue.................................................................................... I guarantee it !

And now, on with the comedy !  8)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »
Don't worry Paladin I'm on record as well. I don't have a problem with a coach that yells. What I'm concerned with is several coaches started following Bo's example(especially Carl) and we lost focus on the in game management at hand and should've called a time out. The body language of some of the recruits and players if anyone was watching speaks volumes. Ruiz was looking at Bo with his hands on his hips in disbelief and the same could be said for many others. I'm not trying to dramatize anything but just trying to make a point. And some expect a top dual threat Qb similar to Vad Lee to transfer here..good luck with that!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »
We have absolutely no need for a transfer QB at this point. Also, Ruiz was upset because he was being targeted & getting no help. That is why we switched to Webb. However, Ruiz did punch it through a few times & I wished he would have been left in on that on series, but then Webb made me eat my wish with a 40+ yard run.

BTW, Wolf never had a recruiting visit as large as I saw Saturday & the letter-man's jackets were from good programs ...especially PA. That was the largest since early 2000's, when we were living off of being the former home of Jim Tressel. This is clearly because of Bo Pelini & you are fooling yourself to think it is anything else. Although I am sure that having JT as a new president does not go unnoticed by these kids and their parents.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 03:07:50 PM »
BTW, Wolf never had a recruiting visit as large as I saw Saturday & the letter-man's jackets were from good programs ...especially PA. That was the largest since early 2000's, when we were living off of being the former home of Jim Tressel. This is clearly because of Bo Pelini & you are fooling yourself to think it is anything else. Although I am sure that having JT as a new president does not go unnoticed by these kids and their parents.

I saw 3 or 4 from Pickerington, Ohio in the concession area and a bunch of locals (Mooney and Hubbard sitting together).

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »

I saw 3 or 4 from Pickerington, Ohio in the concession area and a bunch of locals (Mooney and Hubbard sitting together).

Pickerington is some serious central Ohio football. Strong sports in general,  I know one forward that Slocum offered is from Central.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
Pickerington is ground zero for a serious heroin epidemic .

Yep, I agree, Fever. All coaches yell. I did too. But to lose focus of the game at a critical time or make a complete azz out of yourself is another thing.  This will come back to bite us.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »
We have absolutely no need for a transfer QB at this point. Also, Ruiz was upset because he was being targeted & getting no help. That is why we switched to Webb. However, Ruiz did punch it through a few times & I wished he would have been left in on that on series, but then Webb made me eat my wish with a 40+ yard run.

No, just a need for a coordinator change.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 05:22:07 PM »

LOL. I don't live there, but it is very nice. Heck it was all farms just 10-years ago, now they have 3 high schools. Kind of the high-rent part of Reynoldsburg.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 05:35:24 PM »

LOL. I don't live there, but it is very nice. Heck it was all farms just 10-years ago, now they have 3 high schools. Kind of the high-rent part of Reynoldsburg.

That's why the heroin issue. Meth is so low rent.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
Actually just two H.S.s.    Old Pickerington which is now called Pick Central  and Pickerington North which hits the  Reynoldsburg  school district in Franklin Co.  Its more like 35 years ago it was all farmland. An old  coaching buddy of mine started the tough Pickerington program ( Jack Johnson). North is only about 10 years old now.

However , I'm told that heroin is on the teams. I don't know the current coaches but coaches in the  area sure know what is going on down there.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:59:16 PM by paladin »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »
Just a reminder:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/may/08/pelinis-contract-saves-ysu-money/

I'm glad he's here.

It is amazing that one University is willing to pay $8,000,000 to get rid of a coach, and another is happy to save $50,000 a year.

The difference in what the power 5 make on athletics vs YSU and others is staggering.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:16:25 AM by Blo Pelini »

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »
Just a reminder:

I'm glad he's here.

It is amazing that one University is willing to pay $8,000,000 to get rid of a coach, and another is happy to save $50,000 a year.

The difference in what the power 5 make on athletics vs YSU and others is staggering.

Not sure how many times this has to be a topic of discussion when talking FCS and FBS but, hardly ANYONE makes money off of athletics.  16 percent of FBS schools (20 turned an overall profit in 2013) And only 5 of those schools do that without subsidies.  NO division II programs turned a profit.  Its not about how much they make, its about how much that state, community and administration care to invest in the program.  You're either prepared to invest of not. 

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »
Just a reminder:

I'm glad he's here.

Damn Inequality!!  I DEMAND that the NCAA buses fans from tOSU to YSU on Saturdays!
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »
Just a reminder:

I'm glad he's here.

Damn Inequality!!  I DEMAND that the NCAA buses fans from tOSU to YSU on Saturdays!

Yes. Bus those BIG referees here to officiate the game also, speaking of fixing the inequality....