Author Topic: Guins vs. Coyotes  (Read 39400 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. Coyotes
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2014, 07:18:40 PM »
Shameful embarrassing crowd turnout.  The Mahoning valley should be ashamed. If you didn't go and you live local you are to blame. And I will now refer to all living there (outside of the 1000 people there every week) as suck as band wagon pieces of crap. Especially the ones wearing their Ohio State stuff. Now when I see a person with Ohio State stuff I am going to call them out, embarrass them and tell them to get the hell out of the tailgate lot or go to the book store and buy a YSU shirt before they come back in.   Wrong f'ing team ********s.  Same ********s that don't show up for the team because they are pussificated in cold weather

Struck a nerve.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:24:46 PM by penguinpower »

Spiderlegs

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2014, 07:19:05 PM »
[
All 1,000 of us!

999.  I can't be there today.

I brought an extra person - 1000

Sometimes I wish there were a "like" button on this board.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2014, 07:48:41 PM »
The weather was horrible, more like December or January than the first day of November.  From my vantage point in the east stands, the fat cats did stuff their loges, as usual.

What I am about to say will shock some of you who live far away and remember that close connection between YSU football and the community.  That connection was broken long ago.  Casual fans just don't care anymore.  That is the price of failure in twelve of the past thirteen seasons.  In the old days, when I met a casual fan, that person would ask me details about the team.  Today, invariably casual fans that I meet ask me only one question: "Do you still go to the games?"  When I respond in the affirmative, they actually laugh at me and ask me why.  That is how far interest has fallen.  It will take years of sustained winning to recapture at least some of that interest.  Actually making the playoffs this season would be a start.

Oops, somebody please move these comments to the "no butts in the seats" thread that YSUGO just started.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:50:42 PM by Wick250 »

Spiderlegs

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »
YSU teams in recent years would have collapsed due to the first half turnovers. This team played through its mistakes, like good teams do when they are down. Maybe there really has been a change in attitude.  I guess we'll know next week.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »
The weather was horrible, more like December or January than the first day of November.  From my vantage point in the east stands, the fat cats did stuff their loges, as usual.

What I am about to say will shock some of you who live far away and remember that close connection between YSU football and the community.  That connection was broken long ago.  Casual fans just don't care anymore.  That is the price of failure in twelve of the past thirteen seasons.  In the old days, when I met a casual fan, that person would ask me details about the team.  Today, invariably casual fans that I meet ask me only one question: "Do you still go to the games?"  When I respond in the affirmative, they actually laugh at me and ask me why.  That is how far interest has fallen.  It will take years of sustained winning to recapture at least some of that interest.  Actually making the playoffs this season would be a start.

Oops, somebody please move these comments to the "no butts in the seats" thread that YSUGO just started.

That is hard for me to believe.  What happened? We've had many winning seasons. You don't make the playoffs every year even Tress didn't
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:04:02 PM by penguinpower »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2014, 10:10:13 PM »
wow the total yards were really one sided 557 to 284
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »
We average 7 yards a carry.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2014, 10:22:22 PM »
Win is a win for sure gentleman! It was nice to come and see the game. Very disappointed in the turn out, yet i expected that with the weather. The weather sucked in the stands, but after the game Christian said the weather was ten times worse on the field. He said the wind was unbearable. In regards to the punt returning he said he never has seen the balls the way they were as they would go up and just die, and then other times sail 50 yards. But in regards to his positioning on the field he said that he goes where the coaches tell him to go in terms of yard line to receive. Tough position to be in. Win is a Win! Thankful we woke up in the fourth and took it to them. Next week should be interesting, Illinois State finally lost today to N. Iowa! Go Guins! 7-2 is nice, need to keep winning!
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2014, 07:11:11 AM »
I don't understand the obsession against Ohio State.  They aren't the ones preventing people from attending the games and if those that do wear OSU gear then so be it - they are at least in the stands.  The marketing area of YSU is very small and I am not sure why.   I've said it before:  Even the local establishments do not promote YSU yet they gladly accept your money.  Why not complain about that instead of OSU; it would be more effective.  I think the 3 for $10 promotion is a good start.  Hope it does some good.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2014, 07:26:13 AM »
I don't understand the obsession against Ohio State.  They aren't the ones preventing people from attending the games and if those that do wear OSU gear then so be it - they are at least in the stands.  The marketing area of YSU is very small and I am not sure why.   I've said it before:  Even the local establishments do not promote YSU yet they gladly accept your money.  Why not complain about that instead of OSU; it would be more effective.  I think the 3 for $10 promotion is a good start.  Hope it does some good.

It is less about Ohio State and more about the uninformed bandwagoners watching a terrible brand of football and enjoying it because they don't know any better

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2014, 08:53:51 AM »
OSU cannot be blamed for the attendance issues at YSU.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »
OSU cannot be blamed for the attendance issues at YSU.
Us missing the playoffs by 1 game the past 3 years is to blame. If we make the playoffs, the fans will return. We are very young this year and the future looks VERY bright.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2014, 12:23:47 PM »
Win and they will come!!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »
I have been a fan for a long time & you people seem to have very short memories. Last place team, winless in the conference. From South Dakota yet. I am willing to bet that most YSU fans could not find S. Dakota on a map that does not have the state names. Terrible weather. Many people had beggars day/night. Did you expect anything more?

Under Tressel, people did not come either, they figured a blowout and saved it for the tougher games. Just common. Relax.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2014, 01:48:13 PM »
I listened to sports wrap on 570 wkbn.  They should make those boobs attend a freaking game. Second week in a row Hannon has not shown up too.  That is the only reason why I listen to that show.  All the losers callers asking about the ursuline game.  Makes me want to puke.  They have no clue.  I hope they read this too.  Get your ass to the game you uninformed morons.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:16:41 PM by penguinpower »