YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The sorrowful Wait Til Next Year thread!

<< < (4/6) > >>

YsuPride:
If next year is only 11 games then I here we have Pitt, Valpo, and Albany as our non-conf foes plus we will have 9 conf games.   Do yens have any confomation of this?

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSU RON on November 20, 2011, 09:19:33 AM ---This loss was on the special teams. It's been only 2 years so give the staff and team some time. Don't expect miracles in two years. A bunch of you think you are top ranked coaches with your opinions. The wins and playoffs will come.

--- End quote ---

While I appreciate the rationality, I cannot agree. In two years our defense has done nothing outside of two games when we went to a basic box set. If I was seeing progress I would not be so upset, but yesterday just proved that we are relying on offense to win games, with a completely inept defense. Yesterday, we had a defender with about 1.5 yards of the SMS QB (and a slow QB at that), Their QB actually cocked his arm (never any intention to throw) and our defender broke away. I have a photo of it because I thought it was going to be a great sack photo. I mean their QB should have been knocked into the stands. There is no official that would expect a defender to stop that close.

Our special teams are completely non-coached. Have you seen a lane on any kick-off this season? We cannot tackle, so we work kick coverage in pairs, and every team breaks to the outside for a good 15-25 extra yards. Factor our lack of height and depth (speaking about kick-offs only here, punts are excellent), and we hand an already bad defense an impossible short-field situation. I would not even think Wolf was from Youngstown. Now we will all hear about these great recruits, and how this third class of frosh are "the best class yet". Then we have to start them, (because the best kids play) then we lose all of the current frosh, and once again find ourselves making allowances for lack of performance because of our youth. You cannot coach experience ...experience coaches you.

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on November 20, 2011, 01:52:24 PM ---If next year is only 11 games then I here we have Pitt, Valpo, and Albany as our non-conf foes plus we will have 9 conf games.   Do yens have any confomation of this?

--- End quote ---

Do we know for sure that the MVFC is going to go full round robin and play 9 league games?

Will need to watch Albany in the playoffs - wonder how much they lose.  A game against a non-conference playoff caliber team can't hurt the resume.

ItalianPenguin:
There will remain 8 conference games. We play UNI, Southern Illinois, South Dakota, and Indiana State at home. On the road are North Dakota State, Illinois State, South Dakota State, and Western Illinois. As stated, the OOC games are at Pitt, and Albany and Valpo at home.

Wick250:
Actually I like this schedule.  Separating UNI and NDSU is good as that gives us one attractive home game each year and only one very difficult road contest.  Frankly, since we have now blown 17 point leads to pathetic Missouri State in consecutive seasons, I will be glad to avoid them for two years. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version