YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The sorrowful Wait Til Next Year thread!

<< < (6/6)

YsuPride:
On tonights YSU Football show on 570 WKBN Hannon asked Wolford if he expects all of his assistants to be back and Wolford said yes.   

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on November 21, 2011, 06:42:36 PM ---On tonights YSU Football show on 570 WKBN Hannon asked Wolford if he expects all of his assistants to be back and Wolford said yes.   

--- End quote ---

I really wouldn't expect him to say anything different on the radio, especially two days after the season ended.

HLecter:

--- Quote from: YSU RON on November 20, 2011, 09:19:33 AM ---This loss was on the special teams. It's been only 2 years so give the staff and team some time. Don't expect miracles in two years. A bunch of you think you are top ranked coaches with your opinions. The wins and playoffs will come.

--- End quote ---

Most of the opinions I've read are spot-on.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what went wrong in that game.  And you don't have to be a college coach either.  I'm tired of "we're young" crap.  We might have been young after the first two games, no longer so young at the end of the year.

If Heacock had blown the 3 games we blew by NOT BEING READY TO PLAY, people would have run him out way sooner than they did.  This Wolford guy gets a pass?  Not from me.

Here's what I want to hear from him:  We were not ready to play and that's on me (he can say that 3 times)  Our special teams have been a struggle all year, and that's on me.  We might have made some unwise personnel decisions, and that's on me.  The coaches are going to work just as hard in the offseason as the players so we can get to where we have to be.

He says that, he has my full support.  He goes around like he's the messiah, guru, he doesn't.

I apologize if he has said any of the above and I missed it somewhere.

DavedS:

--- Quote from: HLecter on November 22, 2011, 10:48:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSU RON on November 20, 2011, 09:19:33 AM ---This loss was on the special teams. It's been only 2 years so give the staff and team some time. Don't expect miracles in two years. A bunch of you think you are top ranked coaches with your opinions. The wins and playoffs will come.

--- End quote ---

Most of the opinions I've read are spot-on.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what went wrong in that game.  And you don't have to be a college coach either.  I'm tired of "we're young" crap.  We might have been young after the first two games, no longer so young at the end of the year.

If Heacock had blown the 3 games we blew by NOT BEING READY TO PLAY, people would have run him out way sooner than they did.  This Wolford guy gets a pass?  Not from me.

Here's what I want to hear from him:  We were not ready to play and that's on me (he can say that 3 times)  Our special teams have been a struggle all year, and that's on me.  We might have made some unwise personnel decisions, and that's on me.  The coaches are going to work just as hard in the offseason as the players so we can get to where we have to be.

He says that, he has my full support.  He goes around like he's the messiah, guru, he doesn't.

I apologize if he has said any of the above and I missed it somewhere.

--- End quote ---
Agree 100%--Wolf is a helluva recruiter but he's also where the buck stops--I'll have a lot more respect for him when he admits the bottom line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version