YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

FCS Playoffs

<< < (3/6) > >>

IAA Fan:
Why not? Think about all the problems that a more structured format would solve. Most importantly:

1. It is the most fair.
2. The conferences would finally even out.

The way it is now, we just give all the rewards to the sames team each year ...BORING. If YSU finds itself unable to compete in the MVFC, then it is time to move to another. Thus giving a short-term boost to that conference. Soon, these weaker conferences will not be so weak. You ask for there to be "haves" and have nots" then you complain when your team plays "have-nots". Also we have more champs this way

1. Conference
2. Regional (N, S, E, W)
3. Finalist
4. National

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 16, 2017, 10:25:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 16, 2017, 09:52:28 AM ---The Purple Raiders are a prime example of why every conference should be represented in the play-off. Who even cares about Mt Union (thus D3) any more? No one. A couple more NDSU titles and I-AA/FCA will be the same. You cannot arbitrarily pick teams. Divide the nation into East & West (which the NCAA has already done), take all conference champs & a couple of runner-ups to make 8 teams on each side. Have at it. East vs. West in every final. Each year we have an East champ, a west champ and a national champ.

If you are going to arbitrarily pick, then let's just go back to the way DI used to be and pick a #1. Then people can have their conversations during the off-season.

--- End quote ---

Are you missing a chromosome?  You think Bob Morris has a better chance over us in a 24 team playoff.  This is the reason why the FCS is a joke.

--- End quote ---

No I do not, so they lose the game. However a few years at full scholarship & they will be competitive. It is the NCAA that does not set minimum participation standards ...a partial or non-scholarship team should never be allowed to play in the same tournament as a full-scholarship. All teams in FCS/I-AA should have the same number of players, staff and scholarships. 24-teams is too much anyways.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 16, 2017, 10:25:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 16, 2017, 09:52:28 AM ---The Purple Raiders are a prime example of why every conference should be represented in the play-off. Who even cares about Mt Union (thus D3) any more? No one. A couple more NDSU titles and I-AA/FCA will be the same. You cannot arbitrarily pick teams. Divide the nation into East & West (which the NCAA has already done), take all conference champs & a couple of runner-ups to make 8 teams on each side. Have at it. East vs. West in every final. Each year we have an East champ, a west champ and a national champ.

If you are going to arbitrarily pick, then let's just go back to the way DI used to be and pick a #1. Then people can have their conversations during the off-season.

--- End quote ---

I think it is about time for FCS to follow the method used by FBS in the selection of the playoff teams. FCS can pick 16 teams using the computer algorithms based on many factors: strength of schedules, team rcords, opponent's records and their strength of records, signature wins, ............ This is much better than awarding automatic bids for some lowly rank conference champions such as CCSU, Robert Morris or Dayton...

Are you missing a chromosome?  You think Bob Morris has a better chance over us in a 24 team playoff.  This is the reason why the FCS is a joke.

--- End quote ---

YSUGO:
I thought the best teams are supposed to be in the playoffs. My problem as Penguin Power States is the field is tainted with conferences having different scholarship limits and dollar commitments to funding football. The fans and alumni are getting screwed in the upper tier levels of fcs with this.  I found it embarrassing after watching the first ten minutes of last nights game to see that this wasn’t even going to be a game.  I think the playoff committee did a disservice to FCS on how we pick the brackets. If we want this level to be taken seriously it needs to be set up like the BCS.  They have no problem leaving the weaker conferences out.  And why are we so secret on where everybody stands.  Do like BCS and the last month or whatever show the top 24. It’s BS

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 16, 2017, 11:07:58 AM ---I thought the best teams are supposed to be in the playoffs. My problem as Penguin Power States is the field is tainted with conferences having different scholarship limits and dollar commitments to funding football. The fans and alumni are getting screwed in the upper tier levels of fcs with this.  I found it embarrassing after watching the first ten minutes of last nights game to see that this wasn’t even going to be a game.  I think the playoff committee did a disservice to FCS on how we pick the brackets. If we want this level to be taken seriously it needs to be set up like the BCS.  They have no problem leaving the weaker conferences out.  And why are we so secret on where everybody stands.  Do like BCS and the last month or whatever show the top 24. It’s BS

--- End quote ---

Good point Go, but they only take 4-teams as this point; they will not get away with leaving any conference out in a sweet-16 field. Look how badly the Big-10 was screwed his year. Our level is supposed to be the example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version