YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

FCS Playoffs

<< < (4/6) > >>

YSUGO:
Let me elaborate a little better.  The committee needs to start showing their 24 pics beginning 4 weeks before playoffs.  The conferences and teams need to be ranked by strength of schedule and each conference is ranked heres the kicker, The top 4 conferences get autobids.  They are the top 4 seeds.  The rest of the field is chosen as  an at large bid and seeded accordingly. If you are not a top 4 conference winner you are judged by strength of schedule, strength of conference etc. no more auto bids for the conferences don’t put their working capital and play good completion. 

penguinpower:
SDSU had 10 turnovers.  I don't think I've ever seen a stat like that before.  They are turning into bridesmaids like UNI.  Perennially overrated and can't get their dick up when it counts

ytownchief22:
JMU will win again. Great team.

OleYSUfan:
JMU has great defensive backfield coaching!!! Note their defensive backs watch the ball, not like YSU and many other teams who coach; keep your eyes on the pass receiver's back of the helmet. JMU had 6 interceptions and so far this season 31 interceptions, WOW that is incredible! I never heard of any team having 31 interceptions in one year.

NDSU has great team, but so does JMU. I believe JMU will out of FCS level football within a year or two.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 16, 2017, 11:36:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 16, 2017, 11:07:58 AM ---I thought the best teams are supposed to be in the playoffs. My problem as Penguin Power States is the field is tainted with conferences having different scholarship limits and dollar commitments to funding football. The fans and alumni are getting screwed in the upper tier levels of fcs with this.  I found it embarrassing after watching the first ten minutes of last nights game to see that this wasn’t even going to be a game.  I think the playoff committee did a disservice to FCS on how we pick the brackets. If we want this level to be taken seriously it needs to be set up like the BCS.  They have no problem leaving the weaker conferences out.  And why are we so secret on where everybody stands.  Do like BCS and the last month or whatever show the top 24. It’s BS

--- End quote ---

Good point Go, but they only take 4-teams as this point; they will not get away with leaving any conference out in a sweet-16 field. Look how badly the Big-10 was screwed his year. Our level is supposed to be the example.

--- End quote ---

What did I miss, how was the big 10 screwed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version