YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

FCS Playoffs

(1/6) > >>

go guins:
So, what are the chances of and "All-MVFC" final!
What are your predictions"

JMU vs. SDSU
Sam Houston vs. NDSU

Give me JMU 31-SDSU 17
Sam Houston 21- NDSU 24

penguinpower:
All MVFC title

IAA Fan:
SDSU my first choice ...then I do not care as long as it is not NDSU.

NDSU is a better match with JMU and SDSU is better match with SHSU. I know that in the preseason the SDSU fans were saying that with this senior-heavy team this is their best chance; but they have had some key injuries forcing young guys in the mix, so I don't think they will have too much down time. I also think they win it all this year.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 13, 2017, 07:40:18 PM ---SDSU my first choice ...then I do not care as long as it is not NDSU.

NDSU is a better match with JMU and SDSU is better match with SHSU. I know that in the preseason the SDSU fans were saying that with this senior-heavy team this is their best chance; but they have had some key injuries forcing young guys in the mix, so I don't think they will have too much down time. I also think they win it all this year.

--- End quote ---
I understand, it's hard to ignore 33-21 but IF it's SDSU vs NDSU, it is hard to beat a good team twice in the same season. I understand not wanting NDSU to win again, but if there were money on the line, (and emotion out) I'd bet on NDSU winning it all, especially over SDSU.

penguinpower:
We are better than Sam Houston State.  It is a shame that we were left out.  The FCS playoff system is a joke.  How the he'll does a 40 scholarship team allowed into the playoffs?  They will never compete.  They need to pick the best teams period.  I'm losing interest in the FCS because of this bullsh**. They've taken 6-5 teams in multiple years.  WIU got in one year without a signature win, but somehow we are held to a higher standard.  Despite our flaws this year, we would have smashed multiple teams and made a deep run.  Every other conference is just so much worse than ours that if you finish in the top 5 in the MVFC conference you have a legitimate shot at the title.  There is only one team in the CAA that is a threat, but every other team is so much worse than JMU in the CAA conference.  Out of the 3 teams left tonight (NDSU advanced easily)  we beat one badly, and took the other to OT where we missed a FG.   Yet they let in teams like central Connecticut State or Bob Morris teams because they won their conference.  It is just an f'n joke

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version