YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

FCS Playoffs

<< < (2/6) > >>

YSU1:
amen to that,  North Dakota does take it to another level in the playoffs. 
Do power rankings, strength of schedule  etc.  why should a team get a free pass because they are in a crap league.  it defeats the purpose of  the playoffs when half of the teams do not belong there.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Ditto Power..I loved every minute of the game. The most prolific offense in the entire nation and the best quarterback in FCS Lol. I get a kick out of top analysts like Craig Haley who loves these types of schools and hates the MVFC and YSU with a passion. Aside from their opening 13 play drive for a field goal they did absolutely nothing. The funniest part is when the SHS coach thanked Chris Klieman in the post game conference for not running the score up and putting a hundred up on them. I give the Bison credit with all the injuries they have overcome. They had another RB and DB go down and both injuries looked serious. Time to cheer on the jackrabbit's so we can get an all conference final. Also congrats to the Purple Raiders for picking up another title

IAA Fan:
The Purple Raiders are a prime example of why every conference should be represented in the play-off. Who even cares about Mt Union (thus D3) any more? No one. A couple more NDSU titles and I-AA/FCA will be the same. You cannot arbitrarily pick teams. Divide the nation into East & West (which the NCAA has already done), take all conference champs & a couple of runner-ups to make 8 teams on each side. Have at it. East vs. West in every final. Each year we have an East champ, a west champ and a national champ.

If you are going to arbitrarily pick, then let's just go back to the way DI used to be and pick a #1. Then people can have their conversations during the off-season.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 16, 2017, 09:52:28 AM ---The Purple Raiders are a prime example of why every conference should be represented in the play-off. Who even cares about Mt Union (thus D3) any more? No one. A couple more NDSU titles and I-AA/FCA will be the same. You cannot arbitrarily pick teams. Divide the nation into East & West (which the NCAA has already done), take all conference champs & a couple of runner-ups to make 8 teams on each side. Have at it. East vs. West in every final. Each year we have an East champ, a west champ and a national champ.

If you are going to arbitrarily pick, then let's just go back to the way DI used to be and pick a #1. Then people can have their conversations during the off-season.

--- End quote ---

No

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 16, 2017, 09:52:28 AM ---The Purple Raiders are a prime example of why every conference should be represented in the play-off. Who even cares about Mt Union (thus D3) any more? No one. A couple more NDSU titles and I-AA/FCA will be the same. You cannot arbitrarily pick teams. Divide the nation into East & West (which the NCAA has already done), take all conference champs & a couple of runner-ups to make 8 teams on each side. Have at it. East vs. West in every final. Each year we have an East champ, a west champ and a national champ.

--- End quote ---

Are you missing a chromosome?  You think Bob Morris has a better chance over us in a 24 team playoff.  This is the reason why the FCS is a joke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version