YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

<< < (4/15) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 14, 2016, 11:02:50 AM ---True, but if you look at the aggregate, not only one stat with a small sample size, SDSU is an offensive powerhouse.  any team that can trade punches for a few rounds with TCU gets respect in my book.

--- End quote ---
I'm not downplaying SDSU's success against the Frogs, but 41 points is the LEAST they have given up, and they are usually an offensive jugernaugt, but not so much on defense. 

go guins:
1AA
I think you are being a little hasty with NDSU being "done".  I think you are underrating Charleston Southern (pre suspensions) and Eastern Washington

ytownchief22:
1AA is on the loony pills, my word.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
 Experts predict 6 teams will make it to the post season this year from our conference i can only see 5 going. I think the majority of offenses in the Missouri will put a ton of points on the board and we need to be ready to score as well. SD, Western, Southern, and YSU will have the best shot at being one of the 5 teams. Not to count Indiana St out, but I feel this isn't their year. Missouri St. is off to a 2-0 Start and has brought in a high amount of transfers, but they are still unproven in conference play..The selection committee will take a hard look at the non-conference schedule this year and that advantage will go to our conference foes

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 14, 2016, 12:08:19 PM ---UNI is not vulnerable, especially for us. NDSU is done. SDSU is, by far, the best team in the conference. ILS is good, but not as good as people think; there is your vulnerability. We will be upset by USD as well; we cannot perform well against them either. The key will be to go 7-4 (with a good rest of the year showing by what I fear is a poor WVU team, that will be contacting Bo at year end).

So if we lose to SDSU, UNI and USD. We have got to take out NDSU, ILS and hope WIU has some bad games.

--- End quote ---

It's going to be a long conference season if we lose at home to USD.  Beating Weber State is impressive, but we have much stronger opponents after them.  I agree that SDSU is a likely loss, but games at home, like UNI, need to be, and should be wins.  NDSU is struggling this year, but no way are they "done" lol, but I do think we beat them in the Fargo dome. I don't think things are going to go well against Iowa..at all.  If we have a second conference loss, it'll be @ ISUr, but I still believe SDSU will be our only conference loss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version