YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

<< < (5/15) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on September 14, 2016, 02:11:46 PM --- Experts predict

--- End quote ---

"Experts predict" huh?  Experts predict everything from the sky is falling to the earth is warming.  An "Expert's prediction" and about $4.99 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks!
Math comes into play here.  10 teams, with 8 conference games.  That's 40 games lost. 6 non-conference losses so far, and unlikely to go 10-0 this week. So let's say the conference has 50 combined losses.
I see a lot of parity in the league and so I see about 3 teams 7-5 and 3 more 5-7  That's 2 on the top, + 3 @ 7-5 for 5 in the playoffs.  Math says for 6 there is just too many losses in the 5-7 group.  A couple would go to 4-8.  Based on logic, not "fan-talk," YSU is in the 5-7 group.  You bet I hope for 7-5 and playoffs, but I go game by game and I can't get there! 

IAA Fan:
I don't think I am underrating Charleston southern, they run a more traditional option offense and that is going to catch anyone off guard ...outside of the teams in the SoCon. Heck I fully expect the Carson Wentz's to beat Iowa, as Iowa is the most over-rated team in FBS. NDSU should lose no less than 4 conference games, so maybe they are not done ....yet. Pretty close.

It is the little things that tell me so:

- Against EWU ...9 defensive penalties and giving up just under 500-yards of offense (in regulation) tells me that the CW's struggled to contain EWU.

Mostly, they are done because I say they are done :)

FOOTBALLFEVER:
1st off Go Guins we only play 11 games not 12. A 6-5 record will not get you in playing 2 N.E.C. Schools. A 6-5 record and playing Big Sky opponents and beating them will ☺

go guins:

Mostly, they are done because I say they are done :)

Finally, an honest man!  I know you know they are far from "done" but we can hope for a win Nov. 5!

go guins:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on September 14, 2016, 03:07:37 PM ---1st off Go Guins we only play 11 games not 12. A 6-5 record will not get you in playing 2 N.E.C. Schools. A 6-5 record and playing Big Sky opponents and beating them will ☺

--- End quote ---
OK, you got me on the 11 vs. 12 but that increases the strength of my argument based on math, rather than weaken it.
You still have the same number of losses, just less total wins.  More chance of a losing record, not less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version