YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

(1/15) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I thought this would be a good topic to discuss as the conference opener is fast approaching. Scores and analysis would be greatly appreciated so we can get a better understanding of our opponents strength's and weaknesses and how we match up against them

go guins:
I understand and I'm sure I'll get "into it" in a week or so, but right now I want to decide on a QB and find a replacment for Kenny Durden.  Without that ISU, NDSU, NIU, and whomever else is going to give us "what for!"

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 12, 2016, 10:55:32 AM ---I understand and I'm sure I'll get "into it" in a week or so, but right now I want to decide on a QB and find a replacment for Kenny Durden.  Without that ISU, NDSU, NIU, and whomever else is going to give us "what for!"

--- End quote ---

David Rivers is fine. Bishop is another story. Really struggled vs WVU.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Just a quick note on South Dakota. Chris Steveler the 6"2 220 lbs Qb transfer from Minnesota accounted for a total of 6 Td's in their overtime win. He is considered a dual-threat Qb and is a really good player and received player of the week honors in the MVFC

Wick250:
I remain optimistic.  We proved last year that we could contain FCS passing games.  We might see one or even two dangerous receivers in league play, but not four stretched across the field as we did on Saturday.  If we must make one change in the secondary, there are plenty of candidates.  Auditions begin this week.

Last season, big running plays killed us.  It started at Pitt and continued with Illinois State, Indiana State, and SDSU (who did whatever they wanted to us.)  So far, there are signs that has been addressed.  We will find out in conference play.

To get back on the subject of Fever's thread, after two weeks the conference looks a bit down this season.  NDSU with two close FCS wins at home and Northern Iowa's shocking home loss to Montana.  Shocking only because of the way that Montana struggled against lowly St. Francis in the opener.  Of course, Illinois State deserves much credit for beating Northwestern, but those Wildcats did manage to lose to a MAC team in their opener.

To me, SDSU looks like the strongest team.  Really good receiver and a mobile dual-threat quarterback.  And a good FCS defense.  The points and yards that they allowed to TCU are as meaningless as our defensive performance at WVU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version