YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

<< < (3/15) > >>

go guins:
"They are doubt seconding guessing that buyout"

puinpen, you got that right! (with the addition of a "no" before the doubt, at least.  But I make so many typing errors I'm NOT being critical.  As slow as my mind is, it's far faster than my fingers!)

Penguin Nation:
SDSU looks really strong on paper so far.  In the MVFC, they have the top 2 QBs in passing efficiency, receiver w/ most TDs, most kicking points, and gained 461 yards on TCU.  We play SDSU on the road in their new stadium the week after UNI. IMO that is the team that wins the MVFC this year and will be our toughest opponent the rest of the season.

ISUr looks strong after beating Northwestern but at least we play them the week after they play NDSU.  UNI and NDSU look vulnerable.  I'm still optimistic for this season.

FWIW, Davis has the third highest passing efficiency in the MVFC, and is the 10th leading rusher (McCaster #8, Ruiz #9).

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/ind.pdf

go guins:

"In the MVFC, they have the top 2 QBs in passing efficiency"

C'mon man, the #1 guy is 3/4, I can't believe you would quote that as #1 is passing.  I also can't believe even one tailback isn't 1/1 on an option pass, but whatever. 
2 games in, stats don't mean a damn thing.  Some schools played powder 5 schools like YSU and some have not.  (granted SDSU played a P5 and won)  Nothing matters until the conference starts.  For me, until you beat NDSU they are #1 and I HATE playing NIU.  We always seem to have trouble with them. 

Penguin Nation:
True, but if you look at the aggregate, not only one stat with a small sample size, SDSU is an offensive powerhouse.  any team that can trade punches for a few rounds with TCU gets respect in my book.

IAA Fan:
UNI is not vulnerable, especially for us. NDSU is done. SDSU is, by far, the best team in the conference. ILS is good, but not as good as people think; there is your vulnerability. We will be upset by USD as well; we cannot perform well against them either. The key will be to go 7-4 (with a good rest of the year showing by what I fear is a poor WVU team, that will be contacting Bo at year end).

So if we lose to SDSU, UNI and USD. We have got to take out NDSU, ILS and hope WIU has some bad games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version