Author Topic: YSU vs WVU  (Read 89837 times)

Online penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs WVU
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »
Hard fought game.

I think your depth hurt you guys in the second half. Not having the bodies to rotate in and out is rough

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season

Good luck to the Eers.  Watch foe us in the scores each week

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2016, 06:34:18 PM »
With their style of play, WVU is just a magnet for extremely fast, talented skilled athletes on the offensive side of the ball.  Inevitably, complaints will begin about the failure of our defensive backs today.  The reason was simple.  They just got beat by superior athletes.  The good thing is that no team in our conference has that kind of speed and talent in their receivers.  I thought that the run defense was quite acceptable, especially when you consider that the front six were out of necessity entirely on their own.

If we play like this all year, we can take down anybody on the FCS level.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »
Hard fought game.

I think your depth hurt you guys in the second half. Not having the bodies to rotate in and out is rough

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season

And also to you
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline soundman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2016, 07:01:35 PM »
Good game Penguins, y'all surprised me and played tougher than I thought you would. You guys should do well the rest of the way, good luck and again, good game.

Online penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2016, 07:13:46 PM »
Good game Penguins, y'all surprised me and played tougher than I thought you would. You guys should do well the rest of the way, good luck and again, good game.

You guys have some nice WR's and a good QB.  You will be good this year and deserve a ranking.  I think we are underrated in the FCS. 

I compared box score form the Missouri game and we were comparable.  The second half hurt us due to depth.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »
Very proud of the Penguins effort. I really like what I seen today going forward into conference play. Looking ahead Robert Morris was shut out today by Dayton and only had 75 yards of total offense. Just finished watching the South Dakota game and they won in double overtime 52-49 over Weber St. and scored 21 unanswered in the 4th to send it to overtime and Illinois St. beat Northwestern 9-7..UNI is in a dogfight with Montana and NDSU finds away yet again in overtime 50-44 over Eastern Washington
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:47:05 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2016, 07:24:29 PM »
Hard fought game. Just too much pace vs our defense. Gotta let the backups play next week and rest up during the bye and get ready for conference play.

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2016, 08:56:09 PM »
I thought we fought hard.  And loved the red pants making a comeback on the road unis.  First time in five years we have worn red pants.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2016, 11:01:32 PM »
They did a good job double teaming Rivers and going after Bishop at DB... And that PI call late after YSU made it 31-21 was BS.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2016, 11:24:46 PM »
We played well.  Got beat too many times with the deep ball.  Our corners need to play better.

All in all I was happy.. Refs suck as usual.

Gotta sat the WV fans were great people. Everyone I met was very nice.  We sat in the middle of the WV fans and had fun.  No issues. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2016, 11:31:42 PM »
Just got back & it is fun. Learned a great deal today, but still will need to wait for conference. AS to the talk about DB's, yes their WR's were quick, but even when we pulled a safety over, neither them ever even turned around...despite having one in front and one in back. WVU had only 2 sustained drives against us ..one for TD the other a missed FG. We are Still giving a million yards on first down. Special teams vastly improved this week. Like the personnel adjustments, especially on O, coach Shane calls a better game up top. He adjusted the balance of the line and brought in Hosick, probably one series too late, but nice to see it. WVU fans were great. Night

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2016, 08:40:45 AM »
Our receivers run garbage routes half assed
Plus we need to do a better job of catching the ball. That's why we are playing two quarterbacks that can run and the quarterback with the best arm and throwing ability is riding the bench

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2016, 08:59:14 AM »
Think Shane and our offense did really good against a Big 12 opponent. Alvin Bailey is a great WR. Losing Webb yesterday hurt us a lot. Unfortunate to see Ricky get injured. I hope he's okay."

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2016, 09:33:31 AM »
I think Ricky played REALLY GOOD YESTERDAY!! There is know doubt he is a tough kid and great team leader. His receivers just need to do a better job. Of his 15 incompletion's not all were his fault. Even though it was a big 12 oppenent the 40% completion rate needs to improve heading into conference play especially since we showed the other teams so much of our offense yesterday. I think Trent will be playing more in the near future, how much remains to be seen. I to hope Ricky is okay, but there is really know need for him to play this week. Let him get healthy and guard against injury heading into the S.D. game

Online penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2016, 09:45:02 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to him?