Author Topic: YSU vs WVU  (Read 88812 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: YSU vs WVU
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2016, 08:59:40 PM »
I'll be there. Looking forward to this trip! Thinking a 30-17 type score as a prediction.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »
Welcome to the board WVUfan05. Yeah my question is the same as power. From what I've heard it seems like your qb will be starting?

Offline WVUfan05

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2016, 09:24:50 PM »

We run a base 4-2 or 4-3 but flex into a 3-3 or 3-4 depending on down,distance scheme etc.  Our DL Rivers can play LB too, he is explosive and very fast so he slides out sometimes at LB.  What have you heard on your QB?

As far as we know he's good to go.

It was a non-contact injury and there's supposedly no threat for further injury. So if he can take the pain he'll play as much as he can.

I do feel that it limits using him in the run game but the kid is extremely tough.

The only thing that will be different that the coaches talked about doing was getting the true freshman RB a little more in the rotation.

The two starters are a former 5 star recruit Rushel Shell who is a more physical back and Justin Crawford, a JUCO All American and a do it all speed guy. The freshman, Kennedy McKoy, turned heads in the Spring and Fall. He got a little wide eyed in very limited stats against Missouri but he's going to see a lot more playing time on Saturday.

Offline soundman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »
Hello Penguins, I thought I wasn't going to get to put my 2 cents worth in 'till after the game, but here goes. I don't look for a blowout, and here's why. I think the coach is going to use this game as an opportunity to build depth. I look for a fairly vanilla offense with a lot of subs after a comfortable lead. Here's to an entertaining, injury free game. I'm looking forward to a show being put on by our O line and running backs since Howard is a little dinged up. Let's say 35 to 10 kind of game. Good luck after today with the rest of your schedule.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2016, 12:12:40 PM »
Indeed soundman, I too hope for good sportsmanship on both sides and no injuries for either team. Although, I have to say, I'm rooting for the Penguins  8) GOOOOO GUINS!  fb

Offline WVUfan05

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
Regardless of the outcome I hope you guys that are traveling enjoy the game.

I never really gave a prediction because I'm not into that sort of thing but I'll throw out a score line of 38-17

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2016, 01:14:52 PM »
IMO, this is the best team we've fielded in well over a decade.  It was the #1 FCS pass D in 2015, and its better this year.

I think some of the grandiose predictions are based on the belief that the MVFC is just another FCS conference.  The second overall draft pick and the Eagles rookie starter was from the MVFC.  The MVFC would be more appropriately placed as a G5 conference. As was said, we have a first round pick in our defense.  The only recent P5 blowout was at the hands of Sparty the year they were undefeated in BIG play, won the Rose Bowl, and finished 3rd in BCS polling.  I think most WVU fans would concede they are not on par with the 2013 Spartans.  Otherwise, the margins of defeat versus P5 in the last four years was 8 and 11 points, and of course there was the win at Pitt in 2012.

Any given saturday anything can happen.  USD beat NDSU last year, and could beat us this year.  I think it'll be a competitive game.  As Yo said, the spread is based on betting, not on an in-depth actuarial determination of probability.  24.5 points, IMO, is nuts, but who knows.  Although a W is not out of the question, I would say the Penguins lose by 11.

I know Holgorsen said he dislikes these games, but I'd like to see them alternate every other year with Pitt.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2016, 01:52:15 PM »
Jodi Webb is out.  Injury

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »
Where is Hannon?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2016, 02:05:35 PM »
Where is Hannon?

He said last week he had a family event with his son.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2016, 02:05:58 PM »
Hannon is at his sons induction to westminster sports hall of fame. Sucks we dont have jody.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2016, 02:09:31 PM »
Boom.  dont f with our pass D.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2016, 02:18:07 PM »
Our receivers run garbage routes half assed

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »
Still early in the game. They could pick it up. The defense is doing good

Offline WVUfan05

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2016, 05:51:41 PM »
Hard fought game.

I think your depth hurt you guys in the second half. Not having the bodies to rotate in and out is rough

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season