Author Topic: 1a4ysu and coach  (Read 55423 times)

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 1a4ysu and coach
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2014, 08:41:12 PM »
Nope.  Too easy.
  LOL

and with that said in all seriousness:

GOPENNY, this should really be another thread, but in your game travels, what features of other stadiums would you like to see at Youngstown should they renovate?

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 10:17:41 AM »
Not so much the stadiums, but the campuses. Kent State has a gorgeous wide open  campus. Illinois has a very pretty campus, with so many stately buildings.
But, Illinois's stadium was hmmmmmm about 5 times larger than YSU's stadium. With large video screens all around. More than the size of the stadium, is the excitement in the stadium. I think there were 40,000 fans at the game. It was so exciting.  Any how some games are exciting and fun, some are not so fun.   

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »
Not so much the stadiums, but the campuses. Kent State has a gorgeous wide open  campus. Illinois has a very pretty campus, with so many stately buildings.
But, Illinois's stadium was hmmmmmm about 5 times larger than YSU's stadium. With large video screens all around. More than the size of the stadium, is the excitement in the stadium. I think there were 40,000 fans at the game. It was so exciting.  Any how some games are exciting and fun, some are not so fun.

Illinois's is the B1G (1FBS) and YSU is in the MVFC (1FCS).. No one outside of NDSU has ever been heard of lately/relevant this decade.. YSU will never get 15K "BUTTS" in the seats again unless they start making the playoffs and upgrade the schedule to better local/regional 1 FCS/FBS programs that have a good fan base that is willing to travel. There are not many of us loyal old timers left that is going to support the current way the football program has migrated towards. I'll throw this back at the cheerleaders/students.. Where in the hell are you all at the home games?? Lucky to see 200 students  :-X

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2014, 01:34:13 PM »
Oh, there was a lot of fans at the St. Francis game. It was a very  exciting game. YSU scored many, many times. There was a lot of students at that game too. It was the best game. I do not know why students quick going to the other games. The students do pay for their tickets when they pay school tuition. You would think they would go the tickets, I think is their ID. 

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
Is this thread ever going to end? All it is is complainers and one person logging in multiple times under different aliases :)

I do not even want to go anywhere until we are a dominant force at the IA/FCS level. Nor do I want to leave the MVFC,as we will be forever branded as cowards ..and rightfully so. Higher the most coach for the money that you have to offer. Drop another $100k in his post-season purse ...$25k for each round victory. Now you have $400k to offer. Also about another 12 high-caliber resumes to read. Although this has probably already been done and the new coach is chosen.

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »
ysubigred another really, really good game was the Butler game. Like the St. Francis game there were thousands of fans not 200 like you say. There were a lot of students at the Butler game too!!!. YSU scored a lot of touchdowns.  Maybe the reason quit coming was they changed the one guy. The quarterback. He was really good in these two games. Then he was changed. I think he was hurt maybe. The other one is cute, but the older one was really really good.   

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »
The problem with our students is that they are TOO drunk to make it through an entire game.
Well that and the fact that our marketing department is TERRIBLE!!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2014, 12:56:32 AM »
The problem with our students is that they are TOO drunk to make it through an entire game.

;)

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2014, 09:48:09 AM »

The problem is I don't drink and should have been drunk for the last three games.  That and the fact that our marketing department is TERRIBLE.

Drunk college kids.  Who would have thought?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2014, 12:04:05 PM »

The problem is I don't drink and should have been drunk for the last three games.  That and the fact that our marketing department is TERRIBLE.

Drunk college kids.  Who would have thought?

One of my students was very supportive for the football program. He went to every home game as well as the Pitt game last year. Most of the time, he would lose his voice (from shouting too much on Saturdays) in my Monday classes.
He did not go to a single game this year because he was disappointed in the coaching staff.
If he was indicative of our typically student body, that might be the reason why they did not attend the games.

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »
I don't think students attend a YSU football game to get drunk. The students go for the fun. Alcohol is not allowed in the stadium. I think alcohol is  only allowed in the private suites. Maybe those fans get drunk. But students would be asked to leave, if they are drinking in the stadium. There must be other reasons why the fans quit attending football games, especially after the September games. Maybe, the sports dept should do a survey to find out why students do not come. A survey can also be sent to players from the past years and  other alumni.

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »
I don't think students attend a YSU football game to get drunk. The students go for the fun. Alcohol is not allowed in the stadium. I think alcohol is  only allowed in the private suites. Maybe those fans get drunk. But students would be asked to leave, if they are drinking in the stadium. There must be other reasons why the fans quit attending football games, especially after the September games. Maybe, the sports dept should do a survey to find out why students do not come. A survey can also be sent to players from the past years and  other alumni.

You must be blind if you think that students do not drink before the game and get plastered before the 50 of them fill the worst student section in the conference.
The student section was only good for one game this year and that was the Southern Illinois game when the student section was going hard for their typical first half of football with their 'penguin calls'.
Another reason nobody comes to games after September is because YSU has so many "fair weather" fans that once YSU loses one game people become less interested in YSU and more interested in Ohio State and High School Football.

CookieMonsterSig

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

Offline GOPENNY

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »
Oh no way, is it the fans fault that the YSU football team is not winning or in the playoffs. I have seen other coaches they seem to be more passionate about teaching players to perform their plays.  That passion for the game must come from the coach, I would think. Maybe the coaches are not teaching the players the type of  plays to help them  be successful. That is not the fans fault.

I thought maybe Mark Pelini who played at Cardinal Mooney would come back to this area. But, my cousin said he was paid three million to coach at Nebraska University. She also said most of the assistant coaches he had were paid around $250,000 yeah dollars, each. Hmmmmm I guess maybe the guy from Mount Union would be a good coach. I wonder how much he would want to coach at YSU?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:50:22 PM by GOPENNY »

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2014, 04:37:34 PM »
?? Mark Pelini ?? He is reserve center ...probably go into coaching someday.. Carl Pelini is in consideration for YSU job, but he will never overcome "weedgate". Bo will make more sitting at home than he would in 9-years at YSU.

Good assistants can make a million ...like Pat Narduzzi at Michigan State. Funny you guys are not bringing him up again. LOL