Author Topic: 1a4ysu and coach  (Read 55394 times)

Spiderlegs

Re: 1a4ysu and coach
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »
SPIDERLEGS stated:Of course, you could start charging $50 to $75 a ticket for a football game, but if you started that next season, don't think our attendance numbers are going to suddenly swell. It will be the opposite.

However, Marshall a member of USA Conference sells prime seats for $25-35. With the proper marketing YSU could bring in probably .5 $ mil each home game. Ticket sales about $400,000, parking $10,000, Concessions $20,000, Tail Gaters $5000.00 not counting season tickets and lodges...........Tickets could be $20-35 not  $50 to 75. YSU prior to the current debacles always put more than 15,000 fans in the seats.........time to go FBS

Maybe, but those things you suggest happen gradually. Price elasticity from Econ 101. And if you total your numbers, you're not making as much above current levels as you think. The big money comes from TV contracts.

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »
Now is not the time to worry about conferences or revenues.............What is important is that YSU hire a n experienced coach that can take the YSU football program to FBS. Also, YSU needs to hire an Athletics Dept Director that can take all athletics to their deserving levels. Look at YSU mens basketball. The team has had one winning season in the last 10 years. The winning season was because YSU played several lower division teams that year.  I am not saying to fire the current Athletics Dept Director. I am saying lay off one of the asst Athletic Dept Directors, and move the current AD into an assistant role.  Then YSU should hire an experienced FBS/Division type AD . YSU needs to rock the  athletics boat before the boat sinks

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »
Im not quite sure what universe your residing in, but a University with massive budget problems is never, ever going to be able to excel in FBS.  The sheer budget issues alone would make that impossible, let alone having zero name to recruit with.  Marshall transistioned when they were the hottest thing going in FCS and look what happened there.  Unless the university and donors see it prudent to up the operation budget of athletics by 12-15 million, plus 2 to 3 million for upgrades and facilities, YSU in the FBS is DOA. 

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »
Actually, you should be more responsible and read all the posts on this subject. Also, you have no idea about the YSU budget. You also have no idea about the cost of going FBS.  That is, whether or not it is too costly  compared to the entire program staying in the abyss ,as it now is. ...........YSU's budget is fine. If YSU's budget was so dire, the administrators would eliminate some of the positions that could easily be combined or eliminated.  Also, If and most likely when YSU's football goes FBS/1a, the revenues will increase greatly............Fans want to see quality football.  Perhaps, it is you that lives in a lil make believe universe...........named Observer's Place.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »
Folks, I am not particularly well-versed on internet communication terminology, but I believe that the phrase "Don't feed the troll" might apply here.  The more we respond to this nonsense, the more we prolong this silliness.

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »
Actually I will be more responsible, and post what 10 minutes of google-ing can explain to you.  Search YSU athletic budget, a couple of mouse clicks and you'll find, $13,540,369 for total expenditures.  Now using that same mouse we can search Kent State athletic budget and we find $25,005,983.33 for total expenditures.  So I'll allow you to use the mathematics in my universe to figure that little equation out. 

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2014, 11:40:56 PM »
i feel dumber after reading 1a4ysu post's.  That is all. 

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 01:04:32 AM »
Think about it though, within the next 5 years with all the renovations coming there is a strong possibility that YSU does move up to FBS. The only reason we did not move up to the MAC during and after the Tressel era is because Akron and Kent vetoed it because they do not want to compete with YSU for getting recruits. In terms of getting recruits, their only selling point over YSU is that they are an FBS school. That is the main reason why we are not playing in the MAC as we speak.
Basically Kent and Akron were scared of us in the 90s because of how we would whoop them on the field. Which is another reason why they don't want to schedule us

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2014, 09:12:49 AM »
I doubt YSU's football program will tolerate waiting 5 years to go FBS/1a. YSU football needs to go FBS within a year or less. When a new coach is hired, again another rebuilding process. For what to play FCS teams in the hinterlands.
Also, I appreciate that the monitors of this blog, remove the alleged participants that are name calling. Example, Wicks25O and Observer and any others using this blog to spew hatred.

Offline BigDWSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2014, 01:02:35 PM »
Actually I will be more responsible, and post what 10 minutes of google-ing can explain to you.  Search YSU athletic budget, a couple of mouse clicks and you'll find, $13,540,369 for total expenditures.  Now using that same mouse we can search Kent State athletic budget and we find $25,005,983.33 for total expenditures.  So I'll allow you to use the mathematics in my universe to figure that little equation out.

A simple Google search of FBS requirements also shows that YSU doesn't meet the minimum requirements to go to FBS.

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »
YSU needs to change the stadium configuration. It would be best if a larger scoreboard be placed at the south end of the stadium. Then on the north end,of  the stadium,  stands can be built with a radius. At the same time the east and west sides of the stadium can be bridged by the new stands. As such, the stadium could have a horseshoe effect. Then the stadium nick name could be renamed the Lil Horseshoe. The stands would then be large enough to accommodate  all of the fans. Fans, that want to see quality FBS football.  Also, the brisk north winds would be blocked, making it somewhat more comfortable. 

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2014, 02:40:29 PM »
It is kind of disappointing watching all the teams that YSU used to play that have moved up. Watching Marshal and Western Kentucky now....   

Offline 1a4YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
For sure, YSU should have been in the FBS/Ia sometime ago...................but now is the time to hire a coach and AD to take YSU to the level they belong.........Charlotte University plays a weaker  FCS schedule then
YSU. In fact Charlotte U was 5-6 this year in the FCS. But, Charlotte is going to the FBS next year. Charlotte has only been in the FCS two years and now is going to FBS.  Another thing, no more big money games for YSU if they stay in the FCS. In the FBS they can play a couple of big money games each year.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »
mvfc penguin,

I am curious about the coming renovations you reference in your post?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2014, 05:40:10 PM »
YSU needs to change the stadium configuration. It would be best if a larger scoreboard be placed at the south end of the stadium. Then on the north end,of  the stadium,  stands can be built with a radius. At the same time the east and west sides of the stadium can be bridged by the new stands. As such, the stadium could have a horseshoe effect. Then the stadium nick name could be renamed the Lil Horseshoe. The stands would then be large enough to accommodate  all of the fans. Fans, that want to see quality FBS football.  Also, the brisk north winds would be blocked, making it somewhat more comfortable.

Lol. In your dreams!