Author Topic: Southern Illinois Game.....  (Read 38776 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Southern Illinois Game.....
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
Go YSU!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »
Sustained winds of 30 and gusts of 40 should keep the score down in this one. I look for short intermediate throws by the Y.S.U. offense. Hopefully we can get our playmaker's in space. In the end I look for Y.S.U.'s O-line to take over and win the battle up front...17-10 Penguins

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
Sorry. I don't see us winning.  Not after last week. I'd like to see it though.

How many blunders this week?  3?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:38:59 AM by penguinpower »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
YSU 20
SIU 17

If we can play a good game on special teams and if we do not turn the ball over, I do not see why we can't win this game. Hunter Wells as a starter is a good choice as well.

Go YSU!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »
If Wells is the starter, I think SIU wins in what would have been a toss up game.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »
If Wells is the starter, I think SIU wins in what would have been a toss up game.

But if Dante was the starter, you would pick YSU to win???? Please.....

Spiderlegs

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
Just the opposite. The weakness in SIU's defense is its secondary--YSU needs someone who can toss the ball. Wells bring that. Their front line is too fast for Nania, and when the game gets fast for him, he tucks the ball under his arm and tries to run his way out.

That being said, the inclement weather is a real problem. A slippery field favors SIU. YSU's defense does not handle change of directions well even under dry conditions--I see SIU running right past the YSU front.

Sad, but true.  I'm going to sit there this afternoon and root for YSU, but I'm not going to tough it out if the game gets out of hand.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »
Gonna be a tight one.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »
I'm gonna try to be calm and cool today.  First chance to watch a game online (ESPN3).  Let's do this YSU!!!

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 04:40:31 PM »
Not a very big crowd today.  Weather????

kforbs126

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »
Is it raining there?  Crowd as usual is disappointing.  I have no idea how paladin doesn't think Wells is good.  This kid is the future hopefully 4 year starter.  Nania is at best a backup.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2014, 05:27:51 PM »
Small crowd is probably a combination of the weather, fan apathy and OSU game starting at 3:30

YSU is looking good so far. Defense is playing well, and offense has been efficient. SIU has made some costly penalties, especially the unsportsmanlike conduct when they appeared to be moving into position to score.

Now we will see if YSU can hold on and win after leading at halftime. I think SIU is going to need to score on the opening drive of 3rd qtr if they want to win this game. Hopefully that does not happen, YSU can maintain the lead and pick up a good win at home.

I also agree with those saying Wells is the better of the 2 QB's. He gives YSU the best opportunity to win NOW, and he has the potential to be a very good QB in future seasons.

GO PENGUINS!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:30:42 PM by Lets_Talk »

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2014, 05:28:49 PM »
Here's hoping that Wolford kicks the Salukis while they're down.  Keep the pedal down, on both sides of the ball.

kforbs126

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »
Yes we need to keep shoving it down their throats.  They don't have much of a running game with their starter out. 

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »
Nice first half! Nice to see us up 17-0. Everyone collectively involved on the offensive side of the ball. A much better watch this week. Gotta keep the foot on the pedal though! Holding this team to a goose egg would be great. Like to see a couple more touchdowns in the second half. Need to stop with the dang special teams boo boos though! Luckily it did not end up hurting us! Let's go guins. Need another strong half.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!