Author Topic: Post-Game Thoughts?  (Read 29247 times)

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Game Thoughts?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »
I think this goes back to something I was talking about previously ...the lack of use with some of our experienced players. I understand what people are saying about the better players need to play, but that can only go so far. You are always going to hope that the newest players are more skilled (or at least as-skilled) as you current starters. This means you are continuing to recruit well. Position coaches are only going to be able to teach "so much". There comes a point when an experienced player is the best coach of young players. Lack of this is what is going to extend the time the coaches will need improve the team.

For example John Sasson is no longer a starter?  Are you kidding me?
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
We all need to calm down...Please look at the 2 Deep depth charts and count how many Seniors are in the mix...look at games started etc,,,

The roster was gutted because we needed to upgrade size, speed, athleticism, and look like a FCS team...Wolford is recruiting his a$$ off but this is a 3-5 yr project...and then we should be back in the mix...Indy State will win more than you think..but we have to be patient and let the rebuild happen...

When u have Fresh and Sophs manning aloit of the positions you probably are not going to win championships...

The problem is we got lucky and got an offensive genuis that knows offensive football and can tutor QB's to make the pro's...Montgomery-and Big Ben...this team is improving and growing every week..Hess is what 4 games into his soph year...so again patience ...fans

Agree 100%. Some folks thinks this stuff happens overnight. It doesn't.

Coach could go the "full JUCO" route and get us better quicker. But that is a slippery slope. After each year or two, the cupboard is bare again. He's trying to find a balance between JUCO's (who can play now and keep us fans happy) and 4 year guys (who will build the solid championship foundation).

And it'll take 4 years minimum. Understand that reality.

With that said, we should see incremental improvement each year. Last year wasn't good. This game wasn't good.

But I can see the talent he has brought in. With patience and support (from us), I think Coach will get there.

Let's stay positive so potential recruits who read this stuff get excited. A player or two can make all the difference in the world.

Nobody here is calling for Wolf's firing and this should never have turned into a Strollo/Heacock vs WOlf thread (which it is leaning to).

The team was not prepared to play Saturday.  I don't give a crap how young they are blah blah blah

They were not ready to play.  That is on the coaching staff.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 01:12:21 PM »
What is Devont'a Davis' status on the defense? I see he is falling on the depth chart and has NO recorded tackles the last two games....
Good question.  He did not play this week.  Anyone have an update on him?

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 08:38:21 PM »
I think this goes back to something I was talking about previously ...the lack of use with some of our experienced players. I understand what people are saying about the better players need to play, but that can only go so far. You are always going to hope that the newest players are more skilled (or at least as-skilled) as you current starters. This means you are continuing to recruit well. Position coaches are only going to be able to teach "so much". There comes a point when an experienced player is the best coach of young players. Lack of this is what is going to extend the time the coaches will need improve the team.

For example John Sasson is no longer a starter?  Are you kidding me?

John Sasson is a leader. He is one tough SOB. He is humble. He leads by example. And he is a fine LB and has been for his whole time at YSU.

If he is a step "slower" so be it......he'll crack heads for 60 minutes. And that will be a good thing during a 60 minute game.

I am not his Dad. Just someone who knows a little a about linebacking..., character..and leadership.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:47:39 PM by Pizza »