Author Topic: YSU vs. North Dakota State  (Read 58288 times)

ValleyTalk

YSU vs. North Dakota State
« on: October 08, 2017, 08:36:59 PM »
The Bison roll into town undefeated, yet again, and are ranked #2 in the nation. The weather for Saturday looks fantastic for mid-October with a high of 80 and mostly sunny skies. Obviously the fan base is likely still down from the heartbreaking loss to USD, but this is a huge game under the lights and we need a big crowd to get behind the team. If we can win this game (easier said than done) we would have gone 2 of 3 against arguably the 3 best teams in the league.

Also, although I’m not too familiar with them, the Barstool Sports tailgate radio show will be on campus for this top ten battle.

Go Guins!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU vs. North Dakota State
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »
The Bison roll into town undefeated, yet again, and are ranked #2 in the nation. The weather for Saturday looks fantastic for mid-October with a high of 80 and mostly sunny skies. Obviously the fan base is likely still down from the heartbreaking loss to USD, but this is a huge game under the lights and we need a big crowd to get behind the team. If we can win this game (easier said than done) we would have gone 2 of 3 against arguably the 3 best teams in the league.

Also, although I’m not too familiar with them, the Barstool Sports tailgate radio show will be on campus for this top ten battle.

Go Guins!

Barstool are midwest guys trying to make it with a blog. They seem to be doing everything right. Someone needs to get a hold of them and send them to Elmton and the original Wedgewood pizza. They have rated pizza at every place so far this year & like our Guins ...we hold our own against anyone. One of them called the MSU upset & they are getting a great deal of attention, this will help us.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
Better see 15k+ in the stands.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 11:10:00 AM »
LETS GET IT ON!

I Don't expect NDSU to lose a game this year, sorry, but I personally feel that NDSU doesn't belong in the FCS, maybe Youngstown doesnt either??

NDSU's offense will be the only question mark going into this game as they haven't faced a defense yet, 5 straight cupcakes gets ya fat!

NDSU Defense is top notch, so I'm expecting a similar game to 2013 (when I graced Youngstown with my presence) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGGdg3Ia2M   35-17

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:51:24 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:36:45 PM »
Lakebison- It seems like you guys have done a pretty good job overcoming some of the early season injuries. I seen that Deluca returned for Missouri St. but the other starting linebacker was lost in that game. How is the overall health of your team including depth?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:39:13 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline tjbison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 06:07:23 PM »
Lakebison- It seems like you guys have done a pretty good job overcoming some of the early season injuries. I seen that Deluca returned for Missouri St. but the other starting linebacker was lost in that game. How is the overall health of your team including depth?

Sitting pretty good, our 2nd and 3rd strings have got a ton of reps this year unlike last year.  Biggest name out is Greg Menard but he hasn't played a snap this year

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 06:23:27 PM »
LETS GET IT ON!

I Don't expect NDSU to lose a game this year, sorry, but I personally feel that NDSU doesn't belong in the FCS, maybe Youngstown doesnt either??

NDSU's offense will be the only question mark going into this game as they haven't faced a defense yet, 5 straight cupcakes gets ya fat!

NDSU Defense is top notch, so I'm expecting a similar game to 2013 (when I graced Youngstown with my presence) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGGdg3Ia2M   35-17

Careful what you wish for there. I wonder how Appalachian state fans feel never getting to compete for a national championship again lol. Both NDSU and YSU  have good enough teams to compete in FBS, but “belonging” is a different issue all together.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:47 PM »
If we can't run the ball with any success, NDSU defense will eat Mays alive.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »
Right you are Chiefy  .

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 08:47:07 AM »
If we can't run the ball with any success, NDSU defense will eat Mays alive.
They have seen the read option for 2 years now so you can forget that. Mays or Davis need to hit some deep balls and stretch the field if not our running game will be in trouble. Their defense is head and shoulders above that of the bunnies and coyote's
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:00:06 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
LETS GET IT ON!

LOL ... this topic has been discussed on this board for years now ...long before we even heard of NDSU. As I have told many YSU fans I will tell you. Being a team that no FCS team can afford summer camp time to prepare for does not make you (or YSU) a IA/FBS team. Not to mention we both lack facilities, although ours are a bit more deserving. Please do not respond with "Dome talk" It is a basketball area with turf, just as UNI is. Also let's not talk weather, you are a plain state. Try being just south of a great lake and being pummeled by moisture all winter ...you will then know what bone-chilling cold is all about. Try recruiting in a state with more than 2 DI programs and having your natural rivals being IA ... not I-AA and DII. Try recruiting in a local region that is highly touted and scoured by bigger clubs and a general region of over 70 DI programs ...instead of 7. We all have our good and bad. Your run will end, just as ours did (and GSU's, Marshall's, Appy State and EKU's did before you) and people will wonder what ever happened to those Bison. Hope you move up and you will be as irrelevant in the college football world as Nevada, Boise State, WKU and many others that did the same. If YSU moves up people may wonder the same, but at least fans will be able to travel to away conference games after a stop at a gas station ...not an airport.

So, back to the current game at hand.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:15:17 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »
Unless Mays plays a great game, I'd like to see Ricky get a chance.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 01:25:18 PM »
LETS GET IT ON!

LOL ... this topic has been discussed on this board for years now ...long before we even heard of NDSU. As I have told many YSU fans I will tell you. Being a team that no FCS team can afford summer camp time to prepare for does not make you (or YSU) a IA/FBS team. Not to mention we both lack facilities, although ours are a bit more deserving. Please do not respond with "Dome talk" It is a basketball area with turf, just as UNI is. Also let's not talk weather, you are a plain state. Try being just south of a great lake and being pummeled by moisture all winter ...you will then know what bone-chilling cold is all about. Try recruiting in a state with more than 2 DI programs and having your natural rivals being IA ... not I-AA and DII. Try recruiting in a local region that is highly touted and scoured by bigger clubs and a general region of over 70 DI programs ...instead of 7. We all have our good and bad. Your run will end, just as ours did (and GSU's, Marshall's, Appy State and EKU's did before you) and people will wonder what ever happened to those Bison. Hope you move up and you will be as irrelevant in the college football world as Nevada, Boise State, WKU and many others that did the same. If YSU moves up people may wonder the same, but at least fans will be able to travel to away conference games after a stop at a gas station ...not an airport.

So, back to the current game at hand.

We’ll put , I didn’t mean to start a tangent the phrase “belonging in FCS” triggered me haha.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 05:52:09 PM »
Bo says Hunter is 50/50 to play. Same with Justus.