Author Topic: South Dakota State  (Read 31800 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: South Dakota State
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 12:01:54 PM »
This SUCKS!  I know a bye now will be great for Hunter, the OL, and the coaching staff as they get ready for league play, but it SUCKS for us fans!  OSU plays UNLV which lost to Howard.  I didn't even know Howard had a football team?  In any case, this is BORING!!

UNLV to OSU is like CCSU to us. It gives them another home game which will fill the Horseshoe.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
what is Howard"s last name?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »
This SUCKS!  I know a bye now will be great for Hunter, the OL, and the coaching staff as they get ready for league play, but it SUCKS for us fans!  OSU plays UNLV which lost to Howard.  I didn't even know Howard had a football team?  In any case, this is BORING!!

Of course Howard has a football team ... It is the minor event that breaks up MEAC/SWAC band shows.   fb

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:47:40 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 09:48:19 AM »

Of course Howard has a football team ... It is the minor event that breaks up MEAC/SWAC band shows.   fb

You got that right!  Nobody ever made a movie about the Marching Pride (or The Best Damn Band in the Land, for that matter!)  Drumline even had a sequel!  (I don’t count Hang On Sloopy the Movie, it was about a song, not the band and it wasn't a movie, dispite the name)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 10:16:20 AM »
Wonder if Wick avenue will be done by game day ?.....  :-\

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 01:29:24 PM »
Any news on whether Hunter will be well for this game?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »
wondering if Wells is well, huh?  I think the report was he was OK for CCS if needed, and this is extra 2 weeks, I assume he is fine.
The following is from Hunter's on Facebook page:

Fairless Night at The Ice Castle
Sat 7 PM · Fairless Linebackers Club · Navarre, OH

Hunter posted: Thanks Jimmy! Appreciate all the support, can't wait to see everyone there!

Sounds to me like he intends to play!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 03:30:33 PM »
wondering if Wells is well, huh?  I think the report was he was OK for CCS if needed, and this is extra 2 weeks, I assume he is fine.
The following is from Hunter's on Facebook page:

Fairless Night at The Ice Castle
Sat 7 PM · Fairless Linebackers Club · Navarre, OH

Hunter posted: Thanks Jimmy! Appreciate all the support, can't wait to see everyone there!

Sounds to me like he intends to play!

Sounds like it to me too! Facebook checking huh? Man did you ever do any time as a private investigator? Pretty good sleuthing there Go!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 08:04:29 PM »
Back to the game discussion! SDSU will be a tall task. Excellent offense, we shall see whether we are up to snuff. Hoping we can score points on their defense, but from the Montana State game defensive effort, I'm hoping we can.

I'm bringing friends. Hope to get a good crowd for our home game against another highly ranked team  fb

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »
https://youtu.be/ntXNfsKjhLI A few comments from SDSU head coach on the upcoming game

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 08:55:36 PM »
Jackrabbits have had our number for awhile. Time to change that.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 08:55:36 AM »
Back to the game discussion! SDSU will be a tall task. Excellent offense, we shall see whether we are up to snuff. Hoping we can score points on their defense, but from the Montana State game defensive effort, I'm hoping we can.

I'm bringing friends. Hope to get a good crowd for our home game against another highly ranked team  fb
I'm all in with the hope for a good crowd.  GLAD I didn't bring friends to CCSU.  That game was worse than Valpo and I thought that was the worst ever.  CCSU was BORING!
SDSU will be anything but boring!  Will be a real test and I hope we get a passing grade!  Like most of last year, comes down to pressure on QB and not making dumb mistakes on O.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 09:26:29 AM »
I hope fans dont stay home to watch the bucks play a poor 1-3 Rutgers team..12,000 to 14,000 actual fans is what i expect

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 09:48:58 AM »
I hope fans dont stay home to watch the bucks play a poor 1-3 Rutgers team..12,000 to 14,000 actual fans is what i expect
Bucks gave up 21 to a team that LOST to HOWARD!  This could be a better game than people expect.  That being said, what a great evening it should be to watch FB live!  I'll be at Stambaugh Stadium!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »

It definitely hurts attendance when OSU is playing a marquee team, but I doubt many will stay home for Rutgers.  I'm thinking 16,000 show up.