Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO FOOTBALL SEASON!  (Read 126015 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: COUNTDOWN TO FOOTBALL SEASON!
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2017, 03:14:17 PM »
This is what kills me about you and EVERYONE else who signed it. 

"I think the vast majority signed it because they didn't want a gang rapist on the football team."

But it is OK with all of you that he can walk around the campus as a NON "Student-Athlete" and go to class EVERY ******* DAY OF THE WEEK.  Are you people ******* SERIOUS???? 

And he can walk around this country with a big "Y" on his shirt or a  "YSU" on his shirt and that's NOT bringing any negativity to the university because he was in juvy for 12 months?  Once again, ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME???

Either way, he's repping YSU....pick the acceptable one.....WTF!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:15:45 PM by SoupCity »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2017, 03:23:46 PM »

"I think the vast majority signed it because they didn't want a gang rapist on the football team."

But it is OK with all of you that he can walk around the campus as a NON "Student-Athlete" and go to class EVERY ******* DAY OF THE WEEK.  Are you people ******* SERIOUS???? 

And he can walk around this country with a big "Y" on his shirt or a  "YSU" on his shirt and that's NOT bringing any negativity to the university because he was in juvy for 12 months?  Once again, ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME???

I don't get your point.  He can buy a damn YSU shirt anywhere.  He can buy a Cowboy shirt anywhere too, does that mean he represents the Cowboys?
You make a policy, you publish the policy, you fairly and consistantly enforce the policy.  ANYTHING ELSE THE UNIVERSITY DOES IS CRIMINAL DESCRIMINATION!  This kid plays or his YSU expericence is going to make him a lot of money.  Must be a lawyer on the blog somewhere, you want a chance to rep Richmond if YSU throws him out? 
SoupCity apparently wants total anarchy. Me?  Just a little reason. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUinBoston

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2017, 03:24:23 PM »

I don't think it is particularly great that he is on campus either.  Of course, he managed to go pretty unnoticed until Pelini sought him out.

Like I said, I think it is pretty tone deaf of the program to invite a gang rapist on the team with the rape culture pervasive on college campuses, college athletics, and frankly college football.  I am repeating myself now though.  I just think with things like Baylor swirling around the NCAA that it is a bad look for YSU to act like this is "just giving a kid a chance".

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2017, 03:37:40 PM »

I don't think it is particularly great that he is on campus either.  Of course, he managed to go pretty unnoticed until Pelini sought him out.

Like I said, I think it is pretty tone deaf of the program to invite a gang rapist on the team with the rape culture pervasive on college campuses, college athletics, and frankly college football.  I am repeating myself now though.  I just think with things like Baylor swirling around the NCAA that it is a bad look for YSU to act like this is "just giving a kid a chance".
Why is it wroing if they are in fact "just giving a kid a chance?"  Pelini is clearly a Christian.  I don't think living what you preach is wrong, do you?  Oh sorry, we covered that, you clearly don't believe in what you say, do you?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »
can we get some overseas hacker to figure out how many of the voters have been to more than 3 games in the last 10 years?

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »
This is getting ridiculous.  The kid screwed up.  I don't know him.  May be a one time thing or he is a bad kid.  I don't know.  He went to court.  Was tried.  Was convicted.  Served his time.  Finished high school.  Enrolled in college for a year. Then tries out for football.  This is how the system works. 

This is big news because it was a crime against a women.  Had it been the other way around no one would care.  Both are equally bad but society glorifies guys when raped by older women. 

The problem I see if you don't give these people a second chance then what?  Cant go to school.  Cant get a job.  Turn to crime.

Keep a close eye on the kid.  Zero tolerance for any issues.  He screws that up put him in prison for the rest of his life.

ytowngirl

« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »
If the military can give people a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th chances then I don't see what the big deal that he gets a 2nd chance.  I know for a fact I worked side by side with gang bangers that did awful stuff when I was in the military.  Stuff that would make this guy look like an angel.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2017, 09:51:42 PM »
Anyone see a certain person going off the rails on another website about this? Far too often nowadays people, thanks in part to the media, get so emotionally vested one way or another on issues it really clouds their judgment. With anything, people need to take a deep breath and think through these types of things rationally. You can be for or against Richmond being on the team, but good lord don't make yourself look foolish trying to argue that the world is going to cave in on Tressel, Bo, and our great university because of this decision.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2017, 12:04:37 AM »

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2017, 08:07:42 AM »

I don't get your point.  He can buy a damn YSU shirt anywhere.  He can buy a Cowboy shirt anywhere too, does that mean he represents the Cowboys?
You make a policy, you publish the policy, you fairly and consistantly enforce the policy.  ANYTHING ELSE THE UNIVERSITY DOES IS CRIMINAL DESCRIMINATION!  This kid plays or his YSU expericence is going to make him a lot of money.  Must be a lawyer on the blog somewhere, you want a chance to rep Richmond if YSU throws him out? 
SoupCity apparently wants total anarchy. Me?  Just a little reason.

That is my point....exactly!!!  There are people on this website and a certain other one (AGS) who are claiming that this is bad press for YSU. I have not seen anyone say something to the effect of or complain to the President of YSU about removing him from campus.  Guess why???  Because YSU can't legally remove him from the campus.  He's done nothing wrong to this point. 

Mark my words....if this kid is removed from the football team for ANY reason now.  The NAACP, Civil Liberties Union, Rev's Al and Jesse will populate YSU like stink on sh**. 

I'm not about anarchy in any way.  My point was, removing him from the football team at this point does absolutely nothing.  Hopefully, he has been conveyed a VERY CLEAR set of rules to follow with NO exceptions.  The most minor breakage of said rules results in dismissal.....IMMEDIATELY.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2017, 08:09:13 AM »
This is getting ridiculous.  The kid screwed up.  I don't know him.  May be a one time thing or he is a bad kid.  I don't know.  He went to court.  Was tried.  Was convicted.  Served his time.  Finished high school.  Enrolled in college for a year. Then tries out for football.  This is how the system works. 

This is big news because it was a crime against a women.  Had it been the other way around no one would care.  Both are equally bad but society glorifies guys when raped by older women. 

The problem I see if you don't give these people a second chance then what?  Cant go to school.  Cant get a job.  Turn to crime.

Keep a close eye on the kid.  Zero tolerance for any issues.  He screws that up put him in prison for the rest of his life.

Thank you, I agree. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
Bo won't do anything unless he's forced by JT.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2017, 12:06:42 PM »
Chief thinking the same and i feel J.T. won't change his mind. The last time i checked the petition had 10,000 signatures..Just wondering when it will be delivered. I've heard some women are voting in response to Bo's comments towards Nebraska's A.D..Could this be tied in anyway?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2017, 01:40:07 PM »
And I'm sure a lot of those women don't even care about football so in the end, who cares ?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2017, 03:35:21 PM »
Chief thinking the same and i feel J.T. won't change his mind. The last time i checked the petition had 10,000 signatures..Just wondering when it will be delivered. I've heard some women are voting in response to Bo's comments towards Nebraska's A.D..Could this be tied in anyway?

Am I reading this right? The petition wants YSU to kick Richmond and Bo off the football team because of what they did before coming to YSU?

If this is true, will a petition be initiated to do background checks on all YSU students and employees prior to them coming to YSU to kick out those with unacceptable past behavior?