Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO FOOTBALL SEASON!  (Read 126003 times)

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: COUNTDOWN TO FOOTBALL SEASON!
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2017, 11:16:37 PM »
Yes its from 2014.  You do understand what a decade is right?

Yes but you said "Lipps on Friday....."

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2017, 11:18:35 PM »
Yes its from 2014.  You do understand what a decade is right?

Yes but you said "Lipps on Friday....."

It was a quote from the posted article.  I suppose I should have used quotation marks.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2017, 02:01:25 AM »
This sets a very bad precedent that might haunt the university in the future.  Never sacrifice principle to please the whims of the crowd. Compromises never satisfy intolerant people.  And for the fourth time I hate to be defending this guy.

Hello Wick....Haven't been on here in a while.  Here are my thoughts on this kid. 

He did some bad things.  Really bad.  I have thought about this considerably.  Here is where I'm at with this situation.  This kid will wear the predator badge his entire life.   It will affect him getting a job and affect his ability to be a productive member of society.  I probably would have taken matter into my own hands if it affected my family.  That being said, this person will either be a thug the rest of his life or he have a chance to change.  I guess my point is that he will either be a productive member of society or a burden.  Football may give him a second chance.  It instills the discipline needed to have that.  It is an outlet for people with troubled pasts. 

Today I had a conversation with a person from Stubenville.   Unbelievably , 29% of the girls volleyball team in Richmond Hill, Ga (an affluent suburb of Savannah) is made of up kids from NE Ohio.  They are the 3 time defending champions in volleyball here and my daughter made the 14 member team that had more than 130 try to get on it.  NE Ohio people know how to work for what they want.  Anyway, I had some YSU gear on and one of the fathers asked me about this situation and what I thought. 

At the end of the day,  I told him that he is either going to be a burden or a productive member of our society and he is young enough to change.  He told me the kid lived with foster parents and his dad was a gang member.  At least he is trying to better himself in some ways.  I think it is prudent to deal with these situations on a case by case basis.  This kid (as I understand) went to a community college and then California University of Pennsylvania with no incident.  I guess my point is that giving him a chance as an adult may be better for society than giving him the clear path to being a burden.   My understanding is that he had foster parents and never got into any other trouble outside of the incident that he will live with for the remainder of his life. 

Something to think about.  Lastly, the girl that is in question does not want to see him get kicked off the  team.  If you read the lesser published articles she does not wish him ill will.  She is a better person than me because I struggle to reason with it and may have committed a mortal sin if it was my daughter.

Finally, there are kids with just as bad or worse on campuses all over the US.  Unfortunate but true.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:09:41 AM by penguinpower »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2017, 08:09:21 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/youngstown-state-prez-coach-jerks-letting-richmond-team-article-1.3403403 I found this article a few days ago that came from a writer with the daily news in New York. Not very happy that 21 WFMJ Youngstown put it on their website. They also reported that Richmond got his jersey number changed from 96 to 12 and he did not show up for Thursday's practice. I have know idea if he took the day off or quit the team
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:18:42 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2017, 10:54:25 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/youngstown-state-prez-coach-jerks-letting-richmond-team-article-1.3403403 I found this article a few days ago that came from a writer with the daily news in New York. Not very happy that 21 WFMJ Youngstown put it on their website. They also reported that Richmond got his jersey number changed from 96 to 12 and he did not show up for Thursday's practice. I have know idea if he took the day off or quit the team

If this is from News Day, I have to laugh, everything about the guys ability to write ("jerks" ...LOL) to his opinions is so under-educated and third-rate. It is just this reason why our nation is in the trouble that it is. Why not do an article on what this kid is going to be going through the rest of his life? Yes media...why not publish something that may actually deter others from getting into the same situation in their lives.

What is my opinion on Richmond? Well I am my daughter's father. I tried to do research & their simply is not enough information, so I will go with what the judges and coaches on this one. One thing is for sure, I have done more research on this subject than the embarrassment that wrote this Junior-high article. Gee, let's not say anything more than a mention about Mays because he went to a predominantly black university.

Enough preaching ...I am heading north to Ytown tomorrow for a week of practices!!!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »
Agree 1AA..Safe Journey to Y-Town and please give us some reports out of practice if you get a chance!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2017, 12:39:08 PM »
Penguinpower,

Thought you would be back when football began.  Congratulations to your daughter; that was quite an accomplishment.  Your opinion about this mess makes sense.  Rational thought is always more valuable than blind emotion when dealing with complicated issues.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2017, 08:34:30 PM »
Got my tics on Sat, ready to rock
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2017, 06:06:23 AM »
19 days

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2017, 09:31:10 AM »

Enough preaching ...I am heading north to Ytown tomorrow for a week of practices!!!!!
Looking forward to your reports! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2017, 01:51:46 AM »
What I like about this team is expectations.  Period.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2017, 06:19:55 AM »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »
I was at a few practices this week and today's scrimmage and I have so many little things that I noticed. I was trying to take notes/

Here are just some general observations.

-I did not see a large gap between the 1's and 2's today. That could be good or bad.

-Nathan Mays is clearly #2, but I do not even recognize Wells. Montgomery was calling QB motion on just about every play today. I liked Hunters 1st, 2nd and 3-series and he fell back into old habits in the 4th & threw an INT. That "QB Keeper" by Mays was outstanding, he almost walked in from 5-yards out. I had no idea that he even had the ball. Welcome aboard Craycraft. Very confident and clearly trying to show what he can do. I think that is the first time I have ever seen the 3's get a second series. There was several staffer's saying that Craycraft's camp has been exceptional and all the talk that they we considering him outside of QB has stopped. Collins is built, I hope he works out. Bishop Hartley pedigree is hard to pass up.

-At safety, I am surprised to see Kyle Hegedus take all the reps at S today, but I latter found out that Warfield had a family issue and is out of camp for a day or 2. Kyle is very good, but not always properly positioned between receiver and QB Really more of a SS, where Warfield plays more like a FS. If Kyle does not win the starting job he will still have a great deal of playing time.

-Breathing a little better at night after seeing the TB's in camp. No clear standout as of yet. McCaster is still solid. Turner is a stud, he and McNutt are going to be tough to bring down. As a couple of you have noted, it is all going to be up to the OL.

- Several down-linemen working both 1 & 2 today ...I do not know how to read that.. Lots of new blood though. We look very deep at OG

Durkin was strong at TE today. Though not as tall as others, he has very strong arms & knows where the ball is.

I will write more after I look over my notes. I have some photos, including Mays' keeper. Unfortunately I was using Evernote, with voice over & it did not seem to be automatically-updating as it is supposed to. SO I lost several notes on the number of series on 1 and 2. SO I need to go through the images to get the jersey numbers. I think I have enough to get most both squads.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:30:30 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2017, 04:42:13 PM »
Thanks for the observations IAA. We are now 14 days away. Looking forward to your further observations.