Author Topic: Future Football Schedules  (Read 24996 times)

Offline ysu2000

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Future Football Schedules
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:01:28 AM »
Besides playing at Pitt on Sept. 2nd next season and at West Virginia in 2018, does anyone have the remaining 2017 schedule as well as future out of conference scheduling beyond 2017?

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Future Football Schedules
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:13:39 AM »
We are opening with Pitt next season. Great! Not a far drive from Youngstown, and tickets should be easy to get.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »
We are opening with Pitt next season. Great! Not a far drive from Youngstown, and tickets should be easy to get.

love getting tickets for pitt for $10 on stub hub

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 03:38:47 PM »
I don't know of games beyond 2018.  Strollo was interviewed and said he wanted to keep the $$ game a bus ride, and mentioned Kentucky as a possibility.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »
I don't know of games beyond 2018.  Strollo was interviewed and said he wanted to keep the $$ game a bus ride, and mentioned Kentucky as a possibility.

One of the smartest things Mr. Strollo said since he's been there  fb

Louisville or KY!! I'm in  :) 8)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 04:08:54 PM »
I think we host Central Connecticut State in 2017 to replace either Duquesne or Bobby Morris.

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 10:30:49 PM »

love getting tickets for pitt for $10 on stub hub
Igot  our tickets(my twin sister and I) for the YSU-WVU game off of stub hub. I think both our tickets they were pretty cheap. I already told her that I would get Pitt tickets for that game. As I do live in Butler,PA, so it isn't too far of a drive from my house.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »

By the looks of things there will be no bus ride $$ game in 2019!! Anything close to YSU "bus ride" is already tentatively booked up to include all KY schools.  >:(

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 06:25:47 PM »
Dang big red. I know we are playing Pitt this year (2017) and then WVU in 2018, but I was hoping a close game for 2019 so I could go. I'll still watch it anyway!  fb

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »
YSU needs to connect with someone in the ACC if they are to have 2019 $$$ game within driving distance.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 07:27:19 AM »

By the looks of things there will be no bus ride $$ game in 2019!! Anything close to YSU "bus ride" is already tentatively booked up to include all KY schools.  >:(

Unless....I know that this has been beat to death but Kent is paying >300k....so two MACs could equal one P5 payday...and both would be wins (likely impressive to the playoff selection committee) if Sagarin and Massey mean anything...entire MAC is a busride.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 06:02:35 PM »

Unless....I know that this has been beat to death but Kent is paying >300k....so two MACs could equal one P5 payday...and both would be wins (likely impressive to the playoff selection committee) if Sagarin and Massey mean anything...entire MAC is a busride.

You are correct, it has been beaten to death, time after time after time after time
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 07:31:02 PM »
It is the arrogance and stupidity of Akron and Kent that prevents those schools from engaging in intelligent ooc scheduling in the early fall.  They will not offer home and home games with us, yet they pay out a bunch of money to play weak FCS teams in front of about 2,000 fans in perfect September weather.  This should be a "no-brainer" in which all three schools in northeastern Ohio win.  Akron and Kent would actually get over 10,000 fans, butts in seats, into their stadiums for ooc games once every two years.  YSU would not even need the blood game against a real FBS team.  Our schedule could consist of a home tune-up game with the NEC, then Akron and Kent, one at home and one on the road.  Six home games and plenty of money from the MAC guarantee and the larger crowd for the MAC home game.

But it will not happen.  Kent and Akron cling to the ridiculous principle that they must be equal to Ohio State or Alabama since they are in the same NCAA classification.  That makes about as much sense as YSU claiming that they are the equal of Duke because our basketball team is, technically, at the same level.

We are all SECOND TIER programs in football and basketball, regardless of any formal classification.  We understand that perfectly well; the delusional MAC schools cannot seem to grasp that irrevocable truth.

Nation, I will tell you straight out.  If YSU ever gets on its knees and agrees to play only road football games at MAC schools, I will immediately stop my rather substantial donation to our school.  That is how strongly I feel about this issue.  I know that I am not alone in that point of view.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:32:47 PM by Wick250 »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 09:27:44 PM »
Would we be willing to do 2 road games for 1 home game? Would Akron or Kent? Maybe we should just suck it up and beat them regardless of where the game is at.