Author Topic: Future Football Schedules  (Read 25175 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Future Football Schedules
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »
Final Sagarin ratings:

67  Youngstown State

138  Akron
153  Kent State
182  Buffalo

Only two MAC teams ranked higher than YSU, both in the West:

21  Western Michigan
52  Toledo

Our 2016 NEC OOC opponents:

163  Duquesne
231  Robert Morris
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Is this informational or are you trying to make a point? If it's the latter, I do not see it. If it is join the MAC, we have covered this relentlessly. If it is one of your (now 3) continuous trolling bait of scheduling ...With the possible exception of UT, not a single one of those teams (on a regular basis) does in no way, shape or form help us with the play-off. So why not take the home games with RMU or Duquesne? In a normal year, UT would defeat us in 99 out of 100 games played. So one UNI is enough for me. Now if you want to drop one of those two (soon to be FULL scholarship) schools that can bus to Youngstown and schedule our conference bye team ...then you have a point and a conversation.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 12:38:34 PM »
Final Sagarin ratings:

67  Youngstown State

138  Akron
153  Kent State
182  Buffalo

21  Western Michigan
52  Toledo

163  Duquesne
231  Robert Morris

Is this informational or are you trying to make a point? If it's the latter, I do not see it. If it is join the MAC, we have covered this relentlessly. If it is one of your (now 3) continuous trolling bait of scheduling ...With the possible exception of UT, not a single one of those teams (on a regular basis) does in no way, shape or form help us with the play-off. So why not take the home games with RMU or Duquesne? In a normal year, UT would defeat us in 99 out of 100 games played. So one UNI is enough for me. Now if you want to drop one of those two (soon to be FULL scholarship) schools that can bus to Youngstown and schedule our conference bye team ...then you have a point and a conversation.

The Sagarin rankings show that the MAC, especially the MAC East, and even more especially the teams near YSU, are only a little better rated than NEC teams we've played. If you replace a NEC team with a MAC team, the reward would be significant....more fan interest, more revenue for YSU, and more impressive wins for the selection committee to see.  That's what we want, right?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 01:26:33 PM »
Final Sagarin ratings:

67  Youngstown State

138  Akron
153  Kent State
182  Buffalo

21  Western Michigan
52  Toledo

163  Duquesne
231  Robert Morris

The Sagarin rankings show that the MAC, especially the MAC East, and even more especially the teams near YSU, are only a little better rated than NEC teams we've played. If you replace a NEC team with a MAC team, the reward would be significant....more fan interest, more revenue for YSU, and more impressive wins for the selection committee to see.  That's what we want, right?

No and no. First of all ...no away game (against any opponent, not even OSU) is more interesting to a real fan, than a home game. secondly, those games got us in the play-off. As to MAC schools, I guess we should look at their ranking before we decide to play?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 01:49:24 PM »

No and no. First of all ...no away game (against any opponent, not even OSU) is more interesting to a real fan, than a home game. secondly, those games got us in the play-off. As to MAC schools, I guess we should look at their ranking before we decide to play?
[/quote]
 You would rather watch Duquesne at Stambaugh that be the away team in the horseshoe in Columbus?  Seriously?
Not me.  I would definitely rather travel to Kent, Akron and Buffalo to see competitive games than watch the nonsense games of Duquesne, Dayton, Valparaiso, Slippery Rock etc. at home.
1-AA, I understand your resentment of KSU and UA, but it does cloud your vision.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 02:17:44 PM »

You would rather watch Duquesne at Stambaugh that be the away team in the horseshoe in Columbus?  Seriously?
Not me.  I would definitely rather travel to Kent, Akron and Buffalo to see competitive games than watch the nonsense games of Duquesne, Dayton, Valparaiso, Slippery Rock etc. at home.

1-AA, I understand your resentment of KSU and UA, but it does cloud your vision.

For me, I will take a home game any time over any away game. Okay, forget it is close enough to drive to, would you feel the same way? The feeling is not just Akron and Kent ...it is any MAC school. It is the conference that passed the rule.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 03:13:06 PM »

For me, I will take a home game any time over any away game. Okay, forget it is close enough to drive to, would you feel the same way? The feeling is not just Akron and Kent ...it is any MAC school. It is the conference that passed the rule.
all things equal, definitely home games.  but my criteria wasn't "all things equal" but rather completely stacked deck.  close enough to drive? check.  good competitive game? Check.  instead of pushover? check.  with my criteria, then I stand by my personal preference.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »
I know this isn't the spirit the comments were made in, but I would rather travel to an FCS national championship game (that we are arbitrarily set as the away team for), than go to a home game against any other team.

Again not in the spirit of what was being discussed, but  ;D

In terms of the ongoing discussion, my question about scheduling the missed MVFC team is this, would it count in conference standings or be excluded due to it being an "OOC" matchup technically?

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2017, 04:26:47 PM »
I see JMU came out with their 2017 schedule.  Do we have ours out yet?

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

ValleyTalk

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »
I see JMU came out with their 2017 schedule.  Do we have ours out yet?

GO GUINS
Dana Balash posted this on Twitter a month back:
.@21WFMJSports 2017 YSU Home FB Sked: 9/9 Rob.Morris 9/16 Cen. Conn.9/30 S.Dak St. 10/14 N.Dak.St.10/28 Ill St. 11/18 Miss.St