Author Topic: sideline antics  (Read 29003 times)

Offline clawman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
sideline antics
« on: December 15, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
There have been a few you-tube videos posted of previous games. One thing that stands out is the actions of your head coach. Is he always out of control?

Offline EaglesOwntheSky

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: sideline antics
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 06:43:15 PM »
The guy is a total psycho and has a reputation of meltdowns. It really puts your team in a bad situation to be so unprofessional.

https://youtu.be/o7N71odGDH0

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/missouri-valley-conference-reprimands-bo-pelini-for-on-field-conduct/article_bf2f430c-8cc6-11e5-af09-27f5436a9ee2.html

You just can't defend this. Even after the end of the game, you can watch him running around yelling at individual refs.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:17:58 PM by EaglesOwntheSky »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 07:17:01 PM »
The guy is a total psycho and has a reputation of meltdowns. It really puts your team in a bad decision to be so unprofessional.

https://youtu.be/o7N71odGDH0

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/missouri-valley-conference-reprimands-bo-pelini-for-on-field-conduct/article_bf2f430c-8cc6-11e5-af09-27f5436a9ee2.html

You just can't defend this. Even after the end of the game, you can watch him running around yelling at individual refs.
Be careful how much you troll. It can comeback to bite you in a big way. You guys are pretty funny though  ???

Go Guins!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:18:10 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 07:59:18 PM »
He's our coach - we back him because he coaches our players that represent YSU.  Nobody is perfect - he has a passion for football and a hatred of referees - we all know that.  You know what you get and we have accepted that here and back him - again because he is doing his job and fighting for his players.  Sorry you feel that way about him but he is Youngstown born and bred and that is YOUNGSTOWN!!!  WE WORK HARD AND WE PLAY HARD!  WE FIGHT TOGETHER AND DIE TOGETHER!  WE BACK OUR PEOPLE!  WE TELL IT LIKE IT IS!  IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO LIVE ON THE LEFT COASTS AND HAVE YOUR CRY ROOMS, PLAYDOUGH, AND SUPPORT GROUPS!  WE ARE YOUNGSTOWN!!!!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 08:09:31 PM »
Nice try guys, go fish somewhere else
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 11:12:12 PM »
Lol.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 12:05:12 AM »
He's our coach - we back him because he coaches our players that represent YSU.  Nobody is perfect - he has a passion for football and a hatred of referees - we all know that.  You know what you get and we have accepted that here and back him - again because he is doing his job and fighting for his players.  Sorry you feel that way about him but he is Youngstown born and bred and that is YOUNGSTOWN!!!  WE WORK HARD AND WE PLAY HARD!  WE FIGHT TOGETHER AND DIE TOGETHER!  WE BACK OUR PEOPLE!  WE TELL IT LIKE IT IS!  IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO LIVE ON THE LEFT COASTS AND HAVE YOUR CRY ROOMS, PLAYDOUGH, AND SUPPORT GROUPS!  WE ARE YOUNGSTOWN!!!!

GO GUINS
I applaud your loyalty, but you have to admit your head coach seems "unhinged" most of the time.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 06:19:33 AM »
Great coach, and family man.  If you witnessed any MVFC game and saw how bad the officiating is, you would understand.  Bo is Bo, and the players and the community appreciate his passion for the game and his players.  He has improved on the sideline. Go Penguins!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 07:55:31 AM »
Ohh I missed the link of Bo personally going up to wofford players after the game and recognizing them for a hard fought game, but of course lets focus on the negative.  Try sticking to what you know which is getting your a$$ beat my MVFC teams 😂.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »
Trolls from Ewww.....you need to rep your team better before you speak of anyone else.

I disagree with a few things about Bo, but the man is a class act.  It's an honor to have him represent YSU.

FWIW, you're the first visitors to this site from opposing teams this season that came to troll, not discuss the game, so there's that.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ForensicEagle

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:12:51 AM »
Trolls from Ewww.....you need to rep your team better before you speak of anyone else.

I disagree with a few things about Bo, but the man is a class act.  It's an honor to have him represent YSU.

FWIW, you're the first visitors to this site from opposing teams this season that came to troll, not discuss the game, so there's that.
Ohh I missed the link of Bo personally going up to wofford players after the game and recognizing them for a hard fought game, but of course lets focus on the negative.  Try sticking to what you know which is getting your a$$ beat my MVFC teams 😂.

Y'alls Forum game needs some work. Gotta do like the Penguin football team and get after it in the off season, do the heavy lifting and the grunting so you're ready for the regular season and a long playoff run. Stretch out those typing muscles, practice your video linking and stat crunching technique. Grind it out all winter with pots of coffee and dual monitors.
It didn't help that you cruised through a soft schedule of opponents (I mean if this is the first "trolling" you've seen... then you've had it as easy as SHSU this year).
You have to get through the season battle tested, having sparred with the best!
You just weren't ready for this matchup, we've been here all week to talk football. You just didn't notice until Thursday cuz y'all were busy with the suspension stuff. You let your opponent punch you in the mouth, set the tone of the discussion with extreme prejudice. And now the third quarter is over and you're deep in the hole.

But it's ok, there is time left for a comeback. It's the fourth quarter and it's time to nut up or shut up. Season is on the line. Coach BB knows, grind it out all game and when your back is against the wall LET
'R RIP!!!

Finish Strong penguins cuz this trolling ain't nothin!

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 09:17:19 AM »

Y'alls Forum game needs some work. Gotta do like the Penguin football team and get after it in the off season, do the heavy lifting and the grunting so you're ready for the regular season and a long playoff run. Stretch out those typing muscles, practice your video linking and stat crunching technique. Grind it out all winter with pots of coffee and dual monitors.
It didn't help that you cruised through a soft schedule of opponents (I mean if this is the first "trolling" you've seen... then you've had it as easy as SHSU this year).
You just weren't ready for this matchup, we've been here all week to talk football. You just didn't notice until Thursday cuz y'all were busy with the suspension stuff. You let your opponent punch you in the mouth, set the tone of the discussion with extreme prejudice. And now the third quarter is over and you're deep in the hole.

But it's ok, there is time left for a comeback. It's the fourth quarter and it's time to nut up or shut up. Season is on the line. Coach BB knows, grind it out all game and when your back is against the wall LET
'R RIP!!!

The only punching in the mouth is going to be to your QB. Good luck to him and his bad shoulder hope he finishes the game..... some how I doubt it
But you guys keep on trolling. He who laughs last laughs best.... See you in Frisco. 🐧🐧

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 09:32:14 AM »
This is not really a banter kind of board. I am 50-years old and far from the oldest member. We do a lot of analysis. pre-game and post-game arm-chair stuff. Remember most fans in your stadium are students. Most in ours are locals. We are lucky to have 1k students attend a game, but average about 15k in the stands. Just a different atmosphere. But you will never play in front of a more knowledgeable group ...nothing gets bye & officials hate us for it. They know to never even reach for that flag unless you intend to use it. We complain about officials, but in reality we have brought much of the calling on ourselves. I know it and do not care. I just know we are never going to get a break, at home or on the road in conference play, and we just need to step-it-up. Should be good this weekend as it looks like OVC officials. I was worried about those SLC guys as they seem to not understand what a hold is and we use misdirection ...as does EWU even more so.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 09:42:44 AM »

'R RIP!!!

LOL.  Coming from a team that plays on the big fluffy.  Your SOS is sorry

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 09:46:04 AM »
#hollysh** you guys talking sh** to a bunch of lefty liberals from the left coast in their safe spaces trolling  :o

We haven't taken care of business yet!! fb

GOOOOOOOO!!! Guins!