Author Topic: FCS 2015 Playoffs. Did I really see this?  (Read 32918 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FCS 2015 Playoffs. Did I really see this?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 09:16:03 PM »
Taking it a step further, it is ridiculous to have the MVFC (with schools that have beaten P5 schools) and non-scholly conferences in the same division. The Dayton Rule needs to be modified, and then dissolve the FCS.  Merge G5 with a few full scholly FCS conferences, and the rest join D2.  Then have playoffs or bowls for the merged G5/FCS...or both.

I agree, problem is that no one has the stones to talk about it. The G5 schools are happy and content to stick out their chest and tell the world that they are "big-time", no matter that they will never ever have a chance to make the play-offs.

Some of the no or partial schooly schools get into making the play-offs, makes their year. They know that they have no chance. But most of these schools just want to play D1 basketball,  let them pick the level they want to play each sport.

Merge the G5 and upper 1AA.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »
I do not agree. The G5 is really the G6. merge all of the rest ...call it anything you like. I favor IA and I-AA. Still the best.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2015, 08:47:35 PM »
the playoff commish (Tennessee tech AD? wtf) said on fargo radio.

he was asked " did you purposely put all 5 mvfc teams on 1 side to avoid repeat of last years title game?:"

Tenn Tech AD  " Oh no, we started seeding, had isu 2, ndsu 3, then the rest just kind of fell into place, we didn't even really notice or purposely place them like that"

BULLLLLLLLLLL   you're telling me not 1 member of the committee didn't say "whoa, we cant have 5 on same side"

MVFC's rep on the board?  UNI Troy Dannen  a real dink!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2015, 07:37:47 AM »
Troy Dannen is a dick head.  How many years has he been on the committee now? I am fairly certain he kept us out of the playoffs when we were a bubble team on multiple occasions.  I clearly remember him attacking us to our OOC scheduling.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:40:31 AM by penguinpower »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2015, 10:54:10 AM »
There are big spreads on 5dimes this weekend.  If we beat ISUb, I believe we'd host Duquesne (+22 vs. W&M) or Dayton (+17 versus WIU).

UNI is -19 versus EIU.

It could've been another cupcake game to prep for the real playoffs.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2015, 12:16:26 PM »
BULLLLLLLLLLL   you're telling me not 1 member of the committee didn't say "whoa, we cant have 5 on same side"

Maybe Dannen brokered a deal that in exchange for WIU getting in, the MV teams would all be placed on the same side of the bracket.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 12:19:32 PM »

Maybe Dannen brokered a deal that in exchange for WIU getting in, the MV teams would all be placed on the same side of the bracket.

Maybe...but WIU has a way better resume then many (most) at-large teams.  If only record matters, lets join the NEC!
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2015, 09:05:21 PM »

Of course they knew what they were doing. To publicly state that you did not realize what happened is to admit that you are incompetent. Bush league
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 10:16:43 AM »

Of course they knew what they were doing. To publicly state that you did not realize what happened is to admit that you are incompetent. Bush league
Bush league is right.  The next classy thing I see from the NCAA will be the first!  Maybe that Blatter guy from FIFA can take over the NCAA next.  I hear he may be looking for a job. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »
Could Colgate pull off the upset against JMU? Raiders took early 10-0 lead and are down 4 at half 28-24. I find this very interesting because coach Wolford recruited Patriot and Colgate  recruits very hard his last couple years here and we lost 3 recruits in 2015 to Colgate when he was fired and all 3 are playing in this game

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2015, 03:21:41 PM »
Not much of an upset. Colgate if full scholarship now and JMU is so-so.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
CAA is an embarrassment in the playoffs this year.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2015, 04:49:53 PM »
Good game between WIU and Illinois St...22-19 Redbird with 9 to go in 4th..NDSU   Up 21-0 over Montana late in 2nd..No real surprise there
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 04:59:34 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2015, 05:20:14 PM »
Still a big win by Colgate today. I think if Vad Lee plays the outcome would be different. They were only given a 7% chance to win today lowest of any underdog

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2015, 07:12:59 PM »
My prediction is NDSU and Illinois St. will meet in the semi-finals and earn the right to beat the HELL out of Jacksonville St. for the title. Considering we had a great opportunity to win both of those games makes the 2015 FCS playoffs hard to follow..but it's something we need to do in order to learn from it
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:16:27 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »