Author Topic: FCS 2015 Playoffs. Did I really see this?  (Read 32764 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
FCS 2015 Playoffs. Did I really see this?
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
 I was looking at the brackets and did I read this wrong?  All our conference qualifiers which was 5 teams are in the same bracket half.  If we are the toughest conference shouldn't the brackets be distributed a little different.  It seems they don't want a repeat of last years game.  What a joke.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FCS 2015 Playoffs. Did I really see this?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »
You read it right.  I guess the MVFC teams are going to tear each other apart in conference play as well as the playoffs.

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/football_fcs_2015.pdf
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 03:10:18 PM »
Looks like last years title game ruffled some feathers?

Between our sh**ty conference refs and garbage like this I'm about ready to find something else to spend Saturdays on.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 03:21:48 PM »
I have to agree.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 05:13:36 PM »

Between our sh**ty conference refs and garbage like this I'm about ready to find something else to spend Saturdays on.

Just another reason FCS is the orphan child,

Go GRIZ!!!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »

Just another reason FCS is the orphan child,

Go GRIZ!!!

This is just like another political correctness. They do not want other conferences to be shut out the semi-final or final games. So, they regulate it to ensure other conferences will be able to play in them.

This is just like the little league baseball World Series when the Asian and Latin American teams regularly played for the title game. So the game was changes to two brackets with US on one bracket and the rest of the world on the other bracket. US team is then guaranteed to be in the final every year. It is now US against the World.

May be NCAA should rename the playoff games as "MVFC against the FCS".

As for the Penguins, I am still optimistic about the future. IMO, Bo knew our biggest problem was the defense. Offense was able to score points. So, he left the O alone and fixed the D First.

He will fix the O next year. This season, Monty had to know that his job was on the line. That must be the rationale for him to play the QB who would have given him the best chance to win. If Davis was better, he would have been in there instead of Wells. He must also have recognized that Wells could not run and Davis could not throw or read defense. So, he decided on Wells. As I said before, he saw these guys 5 days a week including Spring and Fall practices. He knew more about their abilities than me and I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fixing the O does not always mean replacing coach M. May be Bo will fix the O line and bring in some more football players, (instead of track stars), who can get open and catch the ball into our O.

This year, Wells did not exhibit any toughness needed to play D1 football. We need to find out what Davis can do. If Davis does not work out, fining another QB and a power full back will probably be high on Bo's list.

Bo knows a lot more about football than me so I will let him do his job. I won't tell him how to coach and I hope he will not try to teach my STEM classes at YSU.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 08:48:10 PM »
Double ET, you teach STEM classes?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »
Yes. I had several football players in my classes. I am a professor in the college of STEM.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 09:16:23 PM »
Oh cool! Well, I am still currently a STEM student. I got my BE in electrical engineering undergrad there. I'm currently a grad student working on my master's (Master's of Science in Electrical Engineering).

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 09:27:21 PM »
Yes. I had several football players in my classes. I am a professor in the college of STEM.

YSU engineering is kick ass

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 09:28:20 PM »
its total BS

its basically like D2 where they regionalize everyone for cheapness/bus trips.  if these teams are so poor, or this league is that poor, then do away with FCS.

some can go FBS and rest can fall to D2.

NDSU got hosed big time, with the UNI AD on the committee he didn't care if NDSU got raped.

East coasters can get rid of the all the MVFC teams too.  GRRR  Patty Viverito SUCKS!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 09:44:09 PM »
its total BS

its basically like D2 where they regionalize everyone for cheapness/bus trips.  if these teams are so poor, or this league is that poor, then do away with FCS.

NDSU got hosed big time, with the UNI AD on the committee he didn't care if NDSU got raped.

East coasters can get rid of the all the MVFC teams too.  GRRR  Patty Viverito SUCKS!

Dead on point Lakes.  Great post

Btw. We are getting f***ed by the referees in the conference.  We won that game again ISU.  They called back a clear fumble for a TD against ISU.  Clearly a fumble but called a forward pass
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:46:51 PM by penguinpower »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 09:50:08 PM »
its total BS

It is BS, and yes she does

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »
its total BS

Btw. We are getting f***ed by the referees in the conference.  We won that game again ISU.  They called back a clear fumble for a TD against ISU.  Clearly a fumble but called a forward pass

PP, the bigger concern is that play is just an example of how second rate the officials are in our league and at this level. And  to believe that a team in our league could not have instant replay.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:12:29 PM by guinpen »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 10:10:03 PM »
its total BS

PP, the bigger concern is that play is just an example of how second rate the officials are in our league and at this level. And  to believe that a team in our could not have instant replay.

Agree and thought have gravitated that way too.