Author Topic: Saturday's Crowd....  (Read 39218 times)

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday's Crowd....
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
I hate to say it but I think 5,000 is about double what was actually had there on Saturday..

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2013, 12:02:21 PM »
I agree

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »
I figured I was being a little generous.

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2013, 12:49:28 PM »
lol...

i hate to say it...i rough counted under 1000 on home side right before kick-off....and took a picture when i got home and watched the replay on TV...I wish I knew how to up-load it to this post..

this is why i started this post.....i know all of the circumstances tied into the low attendance...but the long and short of it is this team...these kids deserve a little more support...the school needs to do a better job of marketing and promotions to do what they can to get people in the seats...

if all of these companies have tickets they purchase as part of packages...and are not using them...then give them to people that can not afford to go to the game...or in the hands of people who are willing to go and support this team...

how do we bridge the gap between Companies / People with unused tickets to get them in the hands of families who would love to go..???.....

I know these companies would much rather give these tickets out then have them not being used...

i am afraid that kids will get turned off playing for YSU because of the fact they rarely get to play in front of
a crowd...it can....and will affect recruiting...

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2013, 02:13:33 PM »
Same old $hit. Its all about winning.  Ohio St or Mt Union?  MAKES NO DIFF.  Ever see a game at Hiram or Marietta ?  lol  Or Pitt when they are losing ?

Win and go to the playoffs and the crowd returns. But the past years here have been major disappointments -- no playoffs,  .500 teams, etc.  Since the previous coach killed the program, with the blessing of the AD, butts in seats have been dropping. And the rebuild hasn't produced a playoff team yet.

The diehards will come, but don't expect the crowds to return until you do what THEY WANT . Until  then the announced attendance will always be a joke and your eyeballs will always recognize the truth.

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
This team is 7-1.....with the only loss coming at Mich St....

This team has WON...!!!.....

Do you know how many programs would be doing cart-wheels...filling the seats to see a 7-1 team..!!....regardless of the HISTORY....

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »
no playoffs  since....................,  Dayton, Duquense, Morehead St., the bottom half of the MVFC, etc.  ;D ;D ;D

you keep beating a dead horse.........................

Offline SCALVO HATER

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »
VALLEYTALK OF COURSE THERE WILL BE A SELL OUT ON NOVEMBER 9TH!  HOWEVER NOT TO SUPPORT THE GUINS BUT FOR ALL THE FAIR WEATHER FANS TO SEE THE TWO TIME NATIONAL CHAMP.  THE TEAM IS 7-1 AND NO ONE COMES OUT TO SUPPORT THE TEAM.  PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THAT WOLFORD'S RECORD IN THE FIRST FOUR YEARS IS MUCH BETTER THAN JIMMY T'S WAS AND THEY WERE BEATING UP ON DIVISION TWO TEAMS EARLY IN HIS CAREER. ALL OF THESE FANS ARE LIKE SCALVO NEGATIVE AND DONT WANT BELIEVE.  IF YOU WERE REAL FOOTBALL PEOPLE YOU WOULD BE BACKING THE TEAM AND SEEING THE PROGRESS BEING MADE. 

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2013, 04:23:14 PM »
don't you think people would get excited about jumping on board of a 7-1 team ...?.

as far as some of the cupcakes early on the schedule...had some beautiful weather for the first 2-3 home games...still..... VERY....VERY LOW ACTUAL ATTENDANCE...!!...

what does not making the playoffs have to do with anything..?...

this is a good team...poised to make some noise...Tressy has the D improving weekly...very fun to watch...

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2013, 04:24:48 PM »
WELL SAID Scalvo ...!.....

I did not know Wolfords record stacked up to JT's in his first 4 years..

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2013, 04:28:38 PM »
Also....the game on the 9th may be a "Sell Out"....for the Sell outs..!!...

I just can't see how that will happen...I hope I am wrong...It would be great to be a part of that crowd...

Offline SCALVO HATER

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2013, 04:47:03 PM »
You took the words right out of my Train!  "Sell-Outs that will be drinking the playoff Kool-Aid come November 30th.  Weather wont matter than it will just be "Fair-Weather" like the fans!!!!!!!!!!! And Scalvo will probably have something negative to write then as well.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2013, 06:19:01 PM »
If November 9th is 72 degrees and we win the next 2 games we may draw between 15-18k--would love to be wrong. :(

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2013, 08:00:01 PM »
It is time to stop b----in about the butts in the seats.  There are & always will  be the YSU faithful. When my son was in graduate school in NEW York state he made his visits home on home dates.  Let the true fans of YSU be there forever. GO YSU*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2013, 08:25:10 PM »
Karl - I am just asking where the FAITHFUL are at...thats all.....

I would not even consider the home crowds at YSU this year small.....they are non-existent...!!

I am really confused here...