Author Topic: Saturday's Crowd....  (Read 38960 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday's Crowd....
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2013, 09:32:44 PM »
Maybe the HATER could write something positive for once. 

Scalzo works for the Vindicator, not YSU, so he's not a shill, but I also don't feel he's negative.  I read the  online articles he posts in the YSU section, as well as the Penguin Insider entries, and I don't recall many negative comments.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2013, 05:16:28 AM »

Scalzo works for the Vindicator, not YSU, so he's not a shill, but I also don't feel he's negative.  I read the  online articles he posts in the YSU section, as well as the Penguin Insider entries, and I don't recall many negative comments.

I agree. Scalzo is not negative and he is critical where he should be because he calls it likes he see's it. I think that if he wanted to be negative he could do just that, and he avoids the negative and can be clever at being critical.

However, the Vindicator has as much interest in a big crowd YSU does against NDSU. Good attendence brings a lot more people to read the newspaper. Success breeds success. When YSU was winning NC's I read the sports section every night. When we were losing I may have read the Sunday paper. There was just no sense in having to deal with losing any more than required. Attending the games made me sick enough that I did't want to endure reading about it.

Offline stuperman17

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

I love the way Scalzo writes.  I really enjoy reading his articles on the team.  His style is enjoyable.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »
I as well enjoy Scalzo. No problem with him